The New Robocop Will Be "More Human"

First off, I have no issue with the suit - think about what would actually be needed: ablative panels, maybe stealth tech, who knows.

But isn't a lot of superhero style suits rendered in CGI post-filming?

I know Iron Man was but he partially wore the suit and had markers on his body so the software could map the CGI suit to the actor, in those photos its pure black which means the software wouldnt be able to track or map anything onto the actor.

TQ4QD.jpg

I don't really have issues with the suit per se, with the advances in technology from when the films were set you would see a sleeker robocop but this looks just like a guy in a suit, whereas the 80s robocop really did look like a cyborg/robot with a human face.

I think the color, black instead of the original silver might be the main issue people have with it. Honestly I think we're not seeing the whole thing yet but I dunno. I'm fine with it, they've made it less bulky compared to the original (which makes sense, tech has moved up so we can make things smaller and more "human like", which is where the comment comes from in the topic title I bet. Let's wait and see how it shows up on film.

I don't really have issues with the suit per se, with the advances in technology from when the films were set you would see a sleeker robocop but this looks just like a guy in a suit, whereas the 80s robocop really did look like a cyborg/robot with a human face.
The suit doesn't look bad at all. But of course people will auto-hate this new one anyway.

As above it looks like a guy in a suit and not a cyborg read.... like the original did almost 25 years ago. It's not about auto-hating its about how real it looks and this new robocop just looks like some stealth prototype ironman like thing that contains a person but is not part of said person. It will be interesting to see where this one goes, I'm looking forward to it but originals will always be originals. No that is not an auto-hate.

Don;t think the suit looks bad, plus a lot of people saying it looks like a guy in a suit. I'm sorry but the original suit looked like a guy in a suit until the helmet came off.

The suit above obviously has a lot of work to be done to it in production before it looks how it is intended.

Of course i still reckon the films going to be a crock of crap :p

Doesn't look robotic at all. Just looks like a dude in a suit. I had high hopes until I saw that pic :(

The "real" Robocop was a film by visionary director Paul Verhoeven. This "new" Robocop will just be Hollywood-made crap /

Padilha is anything but Hollywood. He's also a fantastic director.

I'll hold out hope this will be good. And regarding the suit: there's almost surely stuff that will be added in post-production (similar to when RDJ dons the physical Iron Man suit), so don't get too upset (or happy) yet.

As above it looks like a guy in a suit and not a cyborg read.... like the original did almost 25 years ago. It's not about auto-hating its about how real it looks and this new robocop just looks like some stealth prototype ironman like thing that contains a person but is not part of said person. It will be interesting to see where this one goes, I'm looking forward to it but originals will always be originals. No that is not an auto-hate.

The original looked like a man in the suit. It was the sound design and movements that sold him as a robot, which you obviously can't judge in these spy shots. So I'd wait until we get to see it in action, after the assumed post effects, before we judge it so critically.

I don't nesscarily blame anyone for not expecting much. But I think it's kind of funny how people are critizing Hollywood for this "reboot" film, and yet slamming it becuase the suit doesn't look the same.

God forbid they actually try to be creative in these "reboots"

Iron Man is a cool character though. RoboCop is a police officer who can't fly, he just fires a gun whilst standing still with do-good attitude. tongue.gif I don't see how they can make this appeal to modern audiences...

What if he busts a meth dealer, who accidently blows smoke in his face giving him a taste of the 'white dragon' and he falls into a pit of dispair, begins constructing his own lab, and fights cops on one side, and dealers on the other to become a world wide drug king pin. Then out of no where, a small child gives him a kitten, and the world gets filled with unicorns and rainbows. (Wait, thats sounds like reddit.)

What if he busts a meth dealer, who accidently blows smoke in his face giving him a taste of the 'white dragon' and he falls into a pit of dispair, begins constructing his own lab, and fights cops on one side, and dealers on the other to become a world wide drug king pin. Then out of no where, a small child gives him a kitten, and the world gets filled with unicorns and rainbows. (Wait, thats sounds like reddit.)

Turn the rainbow into a double rainbow and you got yourself a movie.

Dredd was ruined to begin with, the only way they could go is up. As someone said, if they wanted to have a "modern" Robocop, they should have asked Verhoeven to come back. Otherwise I don't see the point in rebooting this as there was nothing wrong with the original in the first place.

Someone pointed out on reddit that they changed the company name from OCP to OmniCorp, thus losing the COP anagram. The first movie is full of such details and subtleties. So yeah... No hopes for this one.

Dredd was ruined to begin with, the only way they could go is up. As someone said, if they wanted to have a "modern" Robocop, they should have asked Verhoeven to come back. Otherwise I don't see the point in rebooting this as there was nothing wrong with the original in the first place.

Someone pointed out on reddit that they changed the company name from OCP to OmniCorp, thus losing the COP anagram. The first movie is full of such details and subtleties. So yeah... No hopes for this one.

There doesn't have to be something wrong with the original for there to be a "reboot".

The point of a "reboot" is to give the character & world a new take. I don't see what the big deal is with that.

I don't know why you'd want Verhoeven to come back, I mean where's the fun in that? He already made a Robocop film.

I think Jos? Padilha is pretty good choice for director.

There doesn't have to be something wrong with the original for there to be a "reboot".

The point of a "reboot" is to give the character & world a new take. I don't see what the big deal is with that.

I don't know why you'd want Verhoeven to come back, I mean where's the fun in that? He already made a Robocop film.

I think Jos? Padilha is pretty good choice for director.

Bull ****. The whole point is a cash grab and that's it. It's a fluke that some reboots come out decent (Star Trek)