Six strikes and you're screwed

In the area where I live it's impossible to buy a legal DVD, everything is copied and sold on the street.

I have to travel to one of the major cities which would take more than half a day travel one way and cost about $50.

Wouldn't it be great to have a service that lets you download tv series the day after they aired and movies at the same time they get released on DVD

and then charge $40 or $50 a month for that. I would be all over that

The TV industry more than anything has made it very clear to me why people pirate things. If you miss an episode of one of your favorite shows, or if you don't pay a stupid amount of money to get a billion useless channels with the one or two channels you actually want, it's nearly impossible to legally make up for it. I would be more than happy to give my money directly to HBO/Showtime/etc in order to watch their shows online. But nooooo.

Now private trackers are like what? Invite only right? But what if the RIAA has a mole that got invited, wouldn't you then still be screwed?

If everybody joined small private trackers, there'd be too many of them to infiltrate.