can I upgrade to quad core processor

That's socket lga 775. On Newegg I'm only seeing single- and dual-core CPUs for that socket, so probably not. I'm not sure if there are quad-cores for that socket because I have always used AMD so I don't know off the top of my head which Intel CPU types have what number of max cores, but if there are I would estimate you'll have a very difficult time finding them if Newegg doesn't have them.

Edit: the product specs indicate you can use this CPU: Intel? Core? 2 Quad processor. If you can find one for that socket. Newegg lists this one http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819115017 , which is out of stock and may not (probably not) ever be restocked. But if that CPU looks good to you at least you'll have a model number to go looking elsewhere like Ebay for it. Amazon appears to have 6 left in stock for nearly $400 each.

try ebay for a Q6600 if it supports it, check with MSI

I'm currently using Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz and gonnna get 6cores socket 1366 very soon :)

I finally say good-bye to 4cores :)

Damindor: When you build a PC, usually, people start off with what type of CPU they want. The motherboard architecture is build based on what type of CPU it will support. CPU is basically the "central" theme of what rig you are going to build. You can start off your choice of motherboard but then you will limit yourself to only a certain CPU that the motherboard is allowed to use. To me it's more logical to pick what type of CPU first and get the motherboard that will support it.

PS: yeah you can call this "beating a dead horse" subject but just want to make it clear.

• 2 weeks later...