Windows Phone recommendation

Hi there!

I'm thinking of buying a WP device (I own a Nexus S running ICS and intend to keep it) but I can only spend untill 750/800 BRL (440 USD more or less on todays values).

Any recommendation for me?

I always wanted an Omina 7, but there is plenty options now so I wonder if some WP owners can give me a hand. I'm in Brazil, Omnia 7 never arrived here :(

Thanks for any tips!

Oh one more thing.. as I'm on a budget, I guess the new Nokias are out of the question...

I was thinking about Omnia 7, HD7S, Dell Venue Pro, Focus, etc..

Checked 710.. isnt 3.7" LCD a bit bad looking on those I named above? Nexus S is 4" and when i get my ipod touch in hands it fells weird haha

chepeast lumia 710 here is 779 BRL (430 USD)

focus flash aka omnia w here in brazil is $100 more than lumia 710 but also 3.7

found an omnia 7 unlocked new for 750 BRL.. i guess it worth more than the 710 right?

also found a HD7S for 850 BRL but SAMOLED counts more than 4.3" imo

710 has some additional exclusive apps. Omnia is good ,the screen at 4'' is great, but 710 holds more nicely in hand, as far as I can tell, from my experience.

Also, you should note that, it is still unclear that first generation phones, e.g. Omnia and HD7, will get Apollo or not. Though, I think they will, but it is still unclear.

Second generation ones, e.g. 710, will get 'em

hmm thats a good point as well!

i might take a better look on lumia 710, even if is smaller and with low quality screen.. i hate the prices of things here in brazil, its beyond abusive :angry:

Its not necessarily a low quality screen.

Its a ClearBlack display, which in its own right, is pretty good. Of course its a bit inferior to SAMOLED

Its not necessarily a low quality screen.

Its a ClearBlack display, which in its own right, is pretty good. Of course its a bit inferior to SAMOLED

Lumia 710 has Super LCD.

Only Lumia 800, 900 has Clearback AMOLED, which is better than SAMOLED

and iphone uses what? :rolleyes:

i know hehe but i still find that changing the sim is annoying.. at least here in brazil because isnt like

- hey, give me a micro sim with my current number..

- ok, here u have it

its more like

- i want to change my sim to micro sim

- ok sir, wait a week and come back to get ur micro sim

thats the anooying thing

omnia 7 seems the best 1st gen WP imo but the apollo thing is a important question because OS updates are way faster now than before and its nice to be updated.. even my tv had 5 updates since december lol

I have a Samsung Focus. The device is over a year old, and still VERY fast. OS is snappy. I'd recommend it.

hahaha yeah thats right too!

im between omnia 7, omnia w aka focus flash and also the focus only

cant buy on us/uk w/o someone getting it from me because the customs on brazil charges 60% of the total product value if over 50 usd

I'd try and go for an Omnia W / Lumia 710 if I were you, for their faster 1.4 Ghz processors and improved GPU prowess. For what it's worth, the Omnia W does include a gyroscope, front facing camera and SAMOLED display, which the 710 lacks, much better audio quality and better battery life, the use of the GLONASS positioning service and arguably a better and more sturdy build quality. But the 710 has free Nokia Drive if that's worth anything to you.

A few devices like the LG Optimus 7 should be dirt cheap now though, if they ever made it to Brazil. Heck, you cna actually get the HTC Radar for about ?180 unlocked over here, which is cheaper than even the 710 :p