Best things to buy at the grocery store

Usually when I go shopping. I tend to buy the same things like Chicken breast, Chicken of beef rice, Stuffing, Mashed potatoes, oranges, juices like raspberry lemon-aid, apple juice, cranberry juice. As for cereal. Cinnamon toast crunch for sure! What about you guys? What do you consider the best things to get when you go shopping? I know this thread sounds a bit with but I'm curious to find out what you guys shop for in other Countries. :laugh:

Soy Milk, Carrots, Apples, Oranges, Tofu, Strawberries, Jalapenos, Spinach, Peppers, Watermelon, Grapes, Lemons, Limes, Bananas, Fish..

Eat mostly a vegan diet with Fish :) Got from 207 lbs to 178 lbs and run about 18 miles a week now so i'm happy with eating veggies and fruits more often!

I shop at Woolworths and always buy oakleaf lettuce, cherry tomotoes, chedder cheese, slices of salmon and shaved ham, and ranch sauce to make a rolled tortilla. Been eating lots of those tortillas :)

I buy chicken, frozen pizza, ben and jerries, steamers, orange juice, fruit juice, hamburger, taco fixins, cheese. Bunch more, but those are the usualls.

You buy mashed potato?

Like real potato, pre-mashed?

Really?

Wow!

Whats wrong with that? The Brand I buy is pretty good! It contains garlic and bacon inside as well. :)

You buy mashed potato?

Like real potato, pre-mashed?

Really?

Wow!

When I had my wisdom teeth out a few years back, that's all I ate. Some of the kinds are really good, comes with gravy and everything.

Margarine or Butter, Bread (White and Whole Wheat) Potatoes (I make my own mash!) Eggs, Beef Mince, Chicken (Whole and portions), Milk, (2 liters at a time) Onions (lots of them), Tomatoes (also lots), Cheese (Gouda and my favorite, 18 month matured Cheddar from Woolworths Food Store) Breakfast cereal is Weet-Bix, Apricot Jam, Bovril, Jar Anchovette Fish Paste, Jar Black Cat Peanut Butter, Jar Nestl? Gouda cheese spread, Feta cheese and then the usual cleaning stuff for the house as well as me!! :-)

Our general lost of items that will allow for many options for meals is as follows.

Chicken breast

Ground beef

Mushrooms

Heavy Cream

Milk

Butter (salted) (not margarine)

Corn (either on the cobb if in season or in a can)

Green beans (in a can)

Peas (in a can)

Stuffing

Basmati Rice

variation of peppers (Bell just in different colors)

a few other odds and ends however, every week it is generally the same thing.

Nothing "wrong" with it, just never heard of it :)

We can buy a product that's called "Smash", it also comes in different flavours and is made from pure potatoes but just does not taste like the real McCoy! All one basically has to do is add milk or water.

Generally try to stock up. Get different cuts of beef, divide it, and freeze it in individual snap-lock bags to use as needed. Buy Fresh and Long life milk to switch to when I run out of Fresh milk until I get a chance to buy more Fresh milk.

All the obvious items already mentioned but I have to add... Vegemite. Some people, even some Aussies, hate it, but most Aussies can't get enough of it's salty goodness that we have been conditioned to.

Also can't stand reconstituted potato. Many people including myself have had the experience where it has tasted fantastic the first time you try it, maybe even like it is the best food you have ever tasted, but the second and subsequent times it tastes absolutely disgusting (to the point where you feel like vomiting) that you don't know how it tasted so good the first time.

Chocolate for snacks, milk for making coffee (espresso style), bread for sandwiches and maybe some custard to have on some bananas :D

This weeks shop :

2x Packs of 3 steaks

1 pack of black pudding

Egg Mayo

2x Packs of mince slices

Tins of Peas, Sweetcorn and Mushrooms

Icecream cones

Twix Flapjacks x 4 packs lol

2 x Cartons of choco milk

2x packs of rolls (tiger ones mm)

and some other stuff I forgot. Im trying to get more red meat and dairy in to bulk up a bit over summer.

I don't buy meat and stuff, but just few breakfast items,

Cereals

Peanut butter

Nutella

yoghurt

Toblerone

dried fruit

I'm beginning to think some of you actually stay awake at night trying to come up with these totally goofy posts/questions?

The BEST things to buy are what you need. obviously!! :|