What is the best GPS app for iphone 4s?

I need all the features from the real GPS device. Money is no issue :) recommend me one please...

For driving directions? There is more than one use for a GPS, you know.

And if so, do you need one that is completely downloaded to the device? Or can it download as you go?

Best Free = Waze

Best Cheap = MotionX

Best Expensive = Navigon or TomTom

Waze is really really nice, but has some social networking stuff built-in which is kind of annoying.

MapQuest also has a free navigation app, but I've never tried it out.

For driving directions? There is more than one use for a GPS, you know.

And if so, do you need one that is completely downloaded to the device? Or can it download as you go?

GPS Device? Driving, wayfinding? What?

i want full GPS for driving direction in the USA only, i dont want to download anyhting on the go

i want full GPS for driving direction in the USA only, i dont want to download anyhting on the go

Best Expensive = Navigon or TomTom

Either of those. I prefer TomTom, but I use the European version.

Can you use a GPS app without a device that has a GPS ?

yes and no

you'd be able to use it similar to mapquest.com where you just input your starting and ending destination and get directions

but since the device has no GPS chip built in, the app won't be able to detect your location (can sometimes detect general location from wifi info) or give you step by step directions

It's hard to beat TomTom for iPhone (although it is not cheap).

Stick with Google Navigation for Android, it's excellent and free.

I love Google Maps Navigation on my Android!

Mapquest=avoid it it does not have turn by turn street perspective and it drains battery like mad. I used it for 1 hour and saw my battery go down a lot more then Google Maps. It does do turn by turn but it does it in top down view which is also more data heavy and also isn't as easy to read. Also it took longer to show my place and calculate the route. Took 3 minutes!

Navigon's app is awesome but expensive. I also recommend having a 16+GB SD for it. I tried it on someone else's phone and it was awesome. I love the UI and how it looks too.

• 5 months later...

If money is not a problem, buy them all. Some GPS programs have better maps for half places, other programs have better maps on other places.

I use 3 programs, one is good for my city, another is better for the capital city, the 3rd one is great for suburbs, villages and islands in my country. The 3 programs use map providers TeleAtlas, GI and NAVTEQ respectivelly. Always check the map providers first (and their coverage in your area) and then the program itself.

If you buy the best program (TomTom for example) and you're in a village where TeleAtlas (TomTom's provider) doesn't have any map data, then the program is useless for you.

• 2 months later...