If it's recent she couldn't have taken them off you need to wear the peirceing studs for 6 weeks and if you take em off you can get infections or the hole would close up as well.

and what kinda bull**** rule is this? it doesn't effect her performance and just about all women wear earrings.

Way is worse is that you should leave jewellery in after a piercing fora certain amount of tim to reduce the risk of infection or the holes closing. My sister had problems because she had very sensitive ears but her school did not allow earrings on a day to day level. If she wore plastic studs her ears would get infected and if she left nothing in it, her ears would close up. Only Gold earrings would sit nicely. It was a problem and she had her ears re-pierced a couple of times because teachers would keep making her take them out. Eventually the school gave her an exemption to the rule as long as the gold earrings were just gold studs.

and once again I say "WHY THE HELL SHOULD THE SCHOOL CARE?!?!?"

If it's recent she couldn't have taken them off you need to wear the peirceing studs for 6 weeks and if you take em off you can get infections or the hole would close up as well.

and what kinda bull**** rule is this? it doesn't effect her performance and just about all women wear earrings.

No excuse, she knew the rules, she broke them and got dq'd big deal. I'm betting next time she won't wear them..

And how slow a news day does it have to be for this to be a news story? And why the heck am I even commentin....

Seems like just another officious official on their little power trips to me. Would've been better to just warn her not to do it for the next race. I swear some people get up in the morning and think to themselves, i wonder how many others can I **** off today!

Also, I thought that the USA was the home of the brave and land of the free. :shiftyninja:

DO they really think that the earring will make her run faster? :/

I didn't know this. Why are athlete's not allowed to wear earrings?

Its not an advantage issue.

1: If athletes get too close, their earrings might get tangled with something and cause injury.

2: If 1 happens or somehow, the earring moves to much and blood slips out of the ear, there is a slight risk of infection to you and others.