PC Hardware buying guide [Q1 2013]

What the hell is this 'guide'??? Seriously... this is total crap.

I haven't looked at the PC hardware market since 2006 so reading something to get me up to speed would've been perfect. Being given example builds with NO explanation whatsoever is just crap. Then obviously you get people disagreeing with that build....

Before blasting off, maybe you'd like to ask what you'd like an explanation of?

What the hell is this 'guide'??? Seriously... this is total crap.

I haven't looked at the PC hardware market since 2006 so reading something to get me up to speed would've been perfect. Being given example builds with NO explanation whatsoever is just crap. Then obviously you get people disagreeing with that build....

No one has that kind of time. To explain everything to everyone. There are variety of people out there with different understanding level and needs. You can't expect anyone to satisfy everyone.

That said, suggestions are always welcome as the new update is inbound

If anyone has an AMD A10-4600M (and 7660G), would my laptop benefit if I upgraded from 6GB RAM (4x2) to 8GB RAM (4x4)? I'm reading that AMD's APU's perform betting with matching dual-channel memory.

It will benefit more if you go 8gb 1600 memory (AMD relies a lot on memory)

Any IGP with shared memory will benefit from dual channel mode but the difference isn't as large as you'd imagine... ~5-10% difference in access speed.

It's just not a guide... just a collection of builds. There is nothing to be learnt here. How about an explanation of the build?

A guide is meant to give an individual the skills needed to source their own parts to create their own build, if even the guide is somewhat elementary and lacking in certain aspects. The reader should feel more knowledgeable in the guide's subject area and thus more capable of following out the tasks described 

Are we ######ing clear what a guide is?

• 1 month later...