Iron Man 3 (Official Thread)

To be honest the reason I think it's delayed is alot of pirated films comes from the US, so if US had the release earlier there would be stupid amounts of pirated versions on the internet.

I'm only guessing but makes sense to me

I am so looking forward to this movie! I have never read the Ironman comics so please forgive me but I have to ask this question. If Tony is so brilliant and able to build these awesome suits why can't he beat his enemy 1 on 1?

IM1 - Needed Pepper to blow the building.

IM2 - Last whiplash fight needed Warmachine to do that double repulsion thing.

IM3 - Filled with people in suits.

What makes Ironman so special if he can't beat anyone 1 on 1?

He's a technical genius and he's more of a thinker than a fighter. And despite that, he's still a valuable asset to the Avengers when it comes to combat. I don't remember the details of the first Iron Man movie but in Iron Man 2, Vanko attacked Tony Stark and James Rhodes with a very powerful suit (based on Crimson Dynamo). Both Iron Man and War Machine couldn't defeat him so they resorted to firing their repulsor rays at each other. It's not that Iron Man is weak, it's that the enemies he faces are very powerful.

I think everyone who is interested in this movie should read this - Iron Man Extremis

I believe this has been what the movies have been losely based on. A whole lot of the Extremis plot has been in the movies, with some enemies and other things changed. I believe that Iron Man 3 will have him going through the Extremis operation, thus why you see him controlling all the other suits, as well as all the pieces of his suit just flying to him in certain screens.

I'm very excited to see this actually being done in Live Action.

Edit - After reading further down the wiki, it says this :p

Film

Each of the three respective Iron Man films (and the cross-over film The Avengers) have taken cues from the Extremis story arc:

The origin and armor of Iron Man used in the 2008 film Iron Man closely resemble those introduced in "Extremis". Based on his work on "Extremis", artist Adi Granov was brought on as a producer for the film,[6] and he created the final designs for Iron Man's armor.[15] On the DVD of Iron Man, "Extremis and Beyond" is included as a special feature.[16] In other featurettes, Adi Granov and Warren Ellis were interviewed on the origin, the suits, John Pillinger (the interviewer), and the suit being on a crate, not a briefcase.

In Iron Man 2, a small plot arc of the story involves Tony trying to find a solution to the palladium poisoning from his Iron Man arc reactor, eventually coming to creating a new element for a pacemaker resembling Extremis armor.

In The Avengers, in order to escape from Loki, Tony Stark uses bracelets as a precursor to the Extremis summoning technology to guide the Mark VII suit to him as he is in freefall.

The upcoming Iron Man 3 appears to be an adaptation of the Extremis storyline due to the inclusion of Aldrich Killian and Maya Hansen, who will be played by Guy Pearce[17] and Rebecca Hall[18] respectively. Trailers have also shown Tony summoning his armor to him in a manner similar to how the armor was assembled via Extremis remote control.

He's a technical genius and he's more of a thinker than a fighter. And despite that, he's still a valuable asset to the Avengers when it comes to combat. I don't remember the details of the first Iron Man movie but in Iron Man 2, Vanko attacked Tony Stark and James Rhodes with a very powerful suit (based on Crimson Dynamo). Both Iron Man and War Machine couldn't defeat him so they resorted to firing their repulsor rays at each other. It's not that Iron Man is weak, it's that the enemies he faces are very powerful.

He isn't much of a genius then if his enemies build better stuff than him. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the character and the movies. I am just trying to understand why they are making Tony look second rate in the movies. Avengers was the only movie that he actually looked like he could hold his own.

He isn't much of a genius then if his enemies build better stuff than him. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the character and the movies. I am just trying to understand why they are making Tony look second rate in the movies. Avengers was the only movie that he actually looked like he could hold his own.

They can't make him seem overpowered. Also, his enemies usually steal stuff from him (like his own technology). In Iron Man 2, Vanko built his whiplashes from Tony Stark's blueprints. I think he'll seem more powerful in Iron Man 3 because of the extremis tech and the power of his enemy (the Mandarin).

They can't make him seem overpowered. Also, his enemies usually steal stuff from him (like his own technology). In Iron Man 2, Vanko built his whiplashes from Tony Stark's blueprints. I think he'll seem more powerful in Iron Man 3 because of the extremis tech and the power of his enemy (the Mandarin).

I don't want him to be overpowered. I just don't want him to be such a wuss. In IM2 it would have been much better to have Warmachine continue the fight against the drones and Whiplash come in and Ironman focus on him. Have Warmachine start getting over run, Ironman have to leave Whiplash to go help Warmachine. Then Whiplash come in and start tangling up with Ironman again and this time getting the upper hand and Iron man have to come back from it to finish Whiplash off.

Maybe I like having the hero be the hero too much. My friend LOVES to see the hero get his butt handed to them on a regular basis. Where I like to see the hero flat out win. Since the Darkknight trilogy did so well, I highly doubt I will see any more super hero movies like that... ie Superman with Reeves and Batman with Keaton.

I don't want him to be overpowered. I just don't want him to be such a wuss. In IM2 it would have been much better to have Warmachine continue the fight against the drones and Whiplash come in and Ironman focus on him. Have Warmachine start getting over run, Ironman have to leave Whiplash to go help Warmachine. Then Whiplash come in and start tangling up with Ironman again and this time getting the upper hand and Iron man have to come back from it to finish Whiplash off.

Maybe I like having the hero be the hero too much. My friend LOVES to see the hero get his butt handed to them on a regular basis. Where I like to see the hero flat out win. Since the Darkknight trilogy did so well, I highly doubt I will see any more super hero movies like that... ie Superman with Reeves and Batman with Keaton.

You should enjoy a movie for what it is. Having a preconceived idea of how powerful a hero should be seems a bit selfish to me. I enjoyed watching both Iron Man movies and not once did I feel that Iron Man was "too weak". I actually thought the fight scene in Iron Man 2 against Vanko's suit was realistic. Their weapons didn't do much damage because of the suit's thick armour. Also, the suit's strength was higher because of its larger size. How could Iron Man have fought against that on his own? War Machine sure as hell couldn't. Iron Man would have needed a more powerful and less mobile suit to defeat Vanko's new suit.

You should enjoy a movie for what it is. Having a preconceived idea of how powerful a hero should be seems a bit selfish to me. I enjoyed watching both Iron Man movies and not once did I feel that Iron Man was "too weak". I actually thought the fight scene in Iron Man 2 against Vanko's suit was realistic. Their weapons didn't do much damage because of the suit's thick armour. Also, the suit's strength was higher because of its larger size. How could Iron Man have fought against that on his own? War Machine sure as hell couldn't. Iron Man would have needed a more powerful and less mobile suit to defeat Vanko's new suit.

With Stark being such a genius, everyone should be playing catch up to him, not the other way around. So Vanko's suit shouldn't have been more powerful and able to withstand Tony's. Stark doesn't seem like the guy to wait around to see who can come up with something better. So who would be copying who in this? If Stark can't take out his enemy one on one then he is too weak, or is that part of his 'genuis' to surround him with the right people at the right time to fill in the gaps where he needs them?

I do enjoy the movie for what it is. I have watched IM1, 2 and avengers atleast 50 times each. I LOVE them. I am just playing devils advocate. Trying to see what people think about certain aspects of the characters.

With Stark being such a genius, everyone should be playing catch up to him, not the other way around. So Vanko's suit shouldn't have been more powerful and able to withstand Tony's. Stark doesn't seem like the guy to wait around to see who can come up with something better. So who would be copying who in this? If Stark can't take out his enemy one on one then he is too weak, or is that part of his 'genuis' to surround him with the right people at the right time to fill in the gaps where he needs them?

I do enjoy the movie for what it is. I have watched IM1, 2 and avengers atleast 50 times each. I LOVE them. I am just playing devils advocate. Trying to see what people think about certain aspects of the characters.

The way I see it is this: I want to see him challenged, that's all and that's what we got in the movies.

Iron Man's suit is designed to be fast, agile and with enough fire power to deal with most things. Look at this latest movie, you can see he's clearly designed new suits for more specific roles that gives him an advantage.

Come on, why is he so weak? He's not. But if there were a film where he donned the suit, walked up to the baddie and shot a missile at him, walked away, shagged Pepper and drank a martini - it'd be a crap film.

• Like 2

There is no Iron Man Extremis series as far as I know. Do you mean the 12 part anime?

If Iron Man destroyed him in their first encounter, we wouldn't have much of a movie then, right? :p

There is no Iron Man Extremis series as far as I know. Do you mean the 12 part anime?

it's on Netflix.. there's like 6 episodes.

it's on Netflix.. there's like 6 episodes.

How old is that? Because there's a listing on IMDB of a series dated back to 2010. I don't have Netflix so I can't check which one it is.

That's the motion comic apparently. You can read it here: Extremis

@nik louch: Didn't know that one was about Extremis as well.

after watching the trailer, i am very happy to see the Mandarin however, Ben Kingsley's vocal pattern he is using is horrible.

How old is that? Because there's a listing on IMDB of a series dated back to 2010. I don't have Netflix so I can't check which one it is.

That's the motion comic apparently. You can read it here: Extremis

@nik louch: Didn't know that one was about Extremis as well.

So is it the same or is it different? lol.

after watching the trailer, i am very happy to see the Mandarin however, Ben Kingsley's vocal pattern he is using is horrible.

I agree, there's something off putting with how he accentuates his speech.

So is it the same or is it different? lol.

It's the same because it's a motion comic of the original comic.

It's the same because it's a motion comic of the original comic.

oh ok, I watched the entire thing lol, it was quite good. If it's based on Extremis I think it'd be pretty good.

oh ok, I watched the entire thing lol, it was quite good. If it's based on Extremis I think it'd be pretty good.

True that. The comic also had amazing art. The original Extremis suit is my favorite one as well.

Exactly why I am so amped for this movie. I didn't think they would actually get to it already, but I really hope that they do it right. And if so.... Avengers 2 should be EPIC.