Iron Man 3 (Official Thread)

I'm purposely avoiding trailers and the like for this one to keep it fresh, I am so excited about seeing it, I'm hoping it can recapture some of what made the first film special.

What in the world is that? I'm intrigued... :)

Looks like a Steve Rogers (Captain America) themed version of Stark's armor.

That's fitting in several ways. As we are ALL aware, the Stark/Rogers connection goes WAY back - specifically to World War II and the Super-Soldier Project (thus not Tony Stark, but his father, Howard). This may not necessarily be Extremis, but the predecessing (to Extremis) Armor Wars - though, as far as keeping with MC continuity, War Machine (James Rhodes) being present NOW bollixes that up. (War Machine in original MC continuity is a *child* of the Armor Wars; in the movies War Machine precedes them, and, in a sense, triggers them, though THAT is more Armand Hammer - not Stark, Rhodes, or Nick Fury.) Will Advanced Idea Mechanics (A.I.M.) show up?

Back at the movie genesis of War Machine (IM2), Stark DID have several other armor suits in various stages of design - even Stark admitted that he intended one of them to be for Rhodes. During AW, Stark DID loan out several sets of his armor to those he felt were either worthy OR in need of protection - including James "Happy" Hogan, then-paramour Bethany Cabe, and even Virginia "Pepper" Potts herself (though they were NOT dating at that time). Armored Pepper? Yes - Potts got the RESCUE-1 armor - no weapons (per her own request), but at least as durable as the VII or VIII armor.

Now, (movie continuity) we have the Avengers (which had NOT yet launched during the MC AW), War Machine is around now, Tony and Pepper ARE dating, and thus Potts knows a LOT more about the armor.

Therefore, it COULD be just-in-case armor for Cap - or even armor for Pepper.

Looks like a Steve Rogers (Captain America) themed version of Stark's armor.

That's fitting in several ways. As we are ALL aware, the Stark/Rogers connection goes WAY back - specifically to World War II and the Super-Soldier Project (thus not Tony Stark, but his father, Howard). This may not necessarily be Extremis, but the predecessing (to Extremis) Armor Wars - though, as far as keeping with MC continuity, War Machine (James Rhodes) being present NOW bollixes that up. (War Machine in original MC continuity is a *child* of the Armor Wars; in the movies War Machine precedes them, and, in a sense, triggers them, though THAT is more Armand Hammer - not Stark, Rhodes, or Nick Fury.) Will Advanced Idea Mechanics (A.I.M.) show up?

Back at the movie genesis of War Machine (IM2), Stark DID have several other armor suits in various stages of design - even Stark admitted that he intended one of them to be for Rhodes. During AW, Stark DID loan out several sets of his armor to those he felt were either worthy OR in need of protection - including James "Happy" Hogan, then-paramour Bethany Cabe, and even Virginia "Pepper" Potts herself (though they were NOT dating at that time). Armored Pepper? Yes - Potts got the RESCUE-1 armor - no weapons (per her own request), but at least as durable as the VII or VIII armor.

Now, (movie continuity) we have the Avengers (which had NOT yet launched during the MC AW), War Machine is around now, Tony and Pepper ARE dating, and thus Potts knows a LOT more about the armor.

Therefore, it COULD be just-in-case armor for Cap - or even armor for Pepper.

Wasn't it said that in this film that none of the other Avengers will be around during all of this? I have another theory about maybe it could be some mind controlled group of suits?

Also, here is a better image, not high resolution for us to get a better peak of the suits but it is more clear than the ones above: http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/iron-man-3/photos/iron-man-3-stills-slideshow/iron-man-3-poster-photo-477472537.html