Paul says no WP8 update for current phones

M_Lyons10

rumors : im completely lost and tired by saying yes then no then yes then no :angry:

im not going to read anything until official statement shows up :pinch:

I agree. I don't understand why people are grasping onto every last rumor when they are contradictory and for all we know not accurate. I'm waiting for Microsoft as well.

Boz

After so much foaming on the mouth by people on another thread when I said Microsoft will not update these phones and people who would buy these phones now would be stupid to do so and now we hear it.

Some of you still don't believe that this is true? Microsoft is burying Windows Phone and Nokia before it even got a chance to take marketshare. So ironic, "you've been BETA testing other phones" LOL.. Riiiiight! :)

There are ZERO reasons why anyone should buy Windows Phone 7 device knowing very well that by end of this year we will see a new version of OS that will make your device pretty much already obsolete.

rajputwarrior

After so much foaming on the mouth by people on another thread when I said Microsoft will not update these phones and people who would buy these phones now would be stupid to do so and now we hear it.

we haven't heard anything...

Muhammad Farrukh

There are ZERO reasons why anyone should buy Windows Phone 7 device knowing very well that by end of this year we will see a new version of OS that will make your device pretty much already obsolete.

With that theory, there is no reason to buy Android either.

Without any official word on it, you are 'claiming' that there will be no update. You have ZERO credibility. Unless you are a PA of Ballmer, of course.

And no, even if there ain't gonna be updates, I will still pick the 900 or the 4S over any Android device.

Fillado

These rumours don't make sense in their present form anyway. Why would Microsoft create Tango to support 256MB RAM devices only to "abandon" it 6 months and two(?) devices later? Nokia's entire strategy requires S40 for low end and WP for low-med end to high end.

The only logical explanations are:

WP8 will run on all (inc. 256MB) devices. Quit your whining.

WP8 will theoretically run on all (inc. 256MB) devices, but it is up to manufacturers (& carriers?) to decide who gets what. Quit your whining.

They are "fragmenting" WP. WP7 for low-med to med end devices. WP8 for high end devices. They keep developing both.

Unless of course they really are wishing to implode.

As for me all the rumours are what is making this annoying. So I'm just going to invest as little into the platform (apps etc.) until it's all clarified.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By zikalify
      Blizzard gets ready to rollout new Battle.net desktop app
      by Paul Hill

Blizzard, the maker of popular games like World of Warcraft, has announced that it’s ready to roll out the new version of its Battle.net desktop app. The company said that the update represents the biggest front-end overhaul that the program has seen in years and that it has been designed to ensure all players have a smoother experience.

With this update, users should be aware of five big enhancements introduced in the new update, they include:

Better navigation where you can favourite your games and arrange them so they’re easier to access. News and game content is more expansive in full-page view. The social pane has been revamped so it’s easier to see your friends and what games they’re playing. Accessibility has been improved so you can navigate most of the app with a keyboard. Screen reader support and colour contrast option have also been improved. The notifications hub brings together messages and game download statuses. Blizzard said it plans first to launch the new software update to users in parts of North America initially so that the update can be tested in the real world giving players a chance to send feedback about any lingering issues. Over the coming weeks, people in other regions of the world should expect to receive the update and, hopefully, any leftover bugs will have been squashed.

Going forward, Blizzard has promised to keep improving the Battle.net app by introducing iterative changes to the app. It has asked that when you get a chance to try the new update that you also provide your feedback on the forums.

• By anmol112
      Microsoft Launcher gets updated with visual and performance improvements
      by Anmol Mehrotra

Microsoft has released a new update for Microsoft Launcher on Android. The latest update brings Work profile setup optimization, design improvements to app padding and more. Apart from that, the update also delivers battery and performance improvements to Microsoft Launcher. Lastly, the update fixes bugs related to icon pack and the swipe up gesture which is used to open the shortcuts page. Here is the full changelog for the update:

The Redmond tech giant has been constantly working on improving Microsoft Launcher. Just last week, the company released an update that added features such as screen time support, improvements to the feed page and more for Surface Duo owners. Apart from that, the update also added support for keyword search in Office apps.

Earlier this year, Microsoft released the version 6 update for Android devices that brought support for Personalized news, Customizable icons, Landscape mode and more.

The latest update bumps the app to version 6.2.201202.9334. If you are using Microsoft Launcher on Android, you can head over to the Google Play Store to download the update.

• By Vindicta
      my laptop has an AMD ryzen 7 4800H with integrated AMD radeon graphics, a GTX 1660 TI, my OS is in windows 10. My laptop has a 144hz display and an external monitor (60hz) that is connected to my laptop which works PERFECTLY FINE before everything.

So on my laptop screen, DOTA 2 was open while in my external monitor/display, I have my Discord and website open. I was just watching youtube vids when suddenly my monitor froze then laptop display turned blue with text saying " ;( windows ran into a problem" or something like that. At first I thought it was the fabled blue screen that breaks your computer but to my suprise it just automatically restarted my laptop, upon typing my password on my lockscreen, I noticed that my external monitor isn't working and that my laptop display looks weird. So, I asked a friend and told me to check my device manager and I saw that my AMD Radeon Graphics has this "code 43" thing, so he said to just update my drivers and update my windows software, so I did all that and its still there. I did a little exploring myself on my laptop and found that my laptop display was using MS basic display and that it was on 1hz, now I was panicking because I was thinking that my driver is broken or gone, so he told me to try using the one on the AMD website that updates drivers, and so I did that but still nothing. As for the monitor, I tried trouble shooting it, connecting-disconnecting it, force detecting with settings, using the "add device" button under "Bluetooth and other devices"  still nothing, I really dont know what to do. I dont even know what happened before the blue screen

I seen people uninstall their drivers then install it or using the roll back options but idk, what if something happened to my laptop, I dont wanna risk it ;(

• By anmol112
      Cyberpunk 2077 gets version 1.06 update, removes 8MB save file limit
      by Anmol Mehrotra

CD Projekt Red (CDPR) has released a new update for Cyberpunk 2077. The new update brings the game to version 1.06 and removes the 8MB save file limit. Recently, Cyberpunk 2077 players discovered that there is a save file cap of 8MB and the game fails to load the file once the 8MB limit is reached. Fortunately, the new update will remove that limit but if your files were corrupted before the update then there is nothing you can do about it.

The new update is available for both consoles and PCs. Here is the full changelog for the update:

Cyberpunk 2077 had a buggy launch forcing the studio to issue a public apology and promise to fix the issues on both PCs and consoles. The game was further delisted from Sony's PlayStation Store while Microsoft promised refunds to anyone who wanted to return the digital copy of the game. Despite the disastrous launch, CDPR still managed to sell over 13 million copies worldwide after adjusting for the refunds till December 20.

Since the launch of Cyberpunk 2077, CDPR has suffered significant losses in the Polish stock market wiping almost $1 billion off the owner's wealth and dropping the stock price by almost 40%.

• By zikalify
      Debian 10.7 launches with all the latest patches
      by Paul Hill

Image via Alex Makas The Debian project has announced the availability of Debian 10.7. This point release comes with patches for security issues as well as a few adjustments for “serious problems”. As with all Debian point releases, if you already have an up-to-date Debian install then you’re already on Debian 10.7.

In addition to not having to reinstall Debian, there’s no need to get rid of any Debian 10 installation media you have either as these can be used to install the operating system and then you just need to apply the latest updates. The new Debian 10.7 ISOs are useful, however, if you want the latest software on an offline machine.

Some of the packages that have been updated in Debian 10.7 include the Linux kernel, OpenJDK, Ruby, SQLite, systemd, Tor, Thunderbird, Firefox ESR, MariaDB, Wordpress and Transmission.

Debian 10 was released in July 2019 and is set to continue receiving updates until 2022. It will then be handed off the Long-Term Support team who will continue to provide updates for it until 2024. The next version, Debian 11, still doesn’t have an exact release date but it should launch sometime during 2021. It was revealed last month that Debian 11 would be using a slick new theme called Homeworld that was designed by Juliette Taka who was inspired by the German Bauhaus art movement.