• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Cyan Lumia 900 sells out on Best Buy's website

Growled    3,880

The thing is, we have no idea how many phones they originally had on the market. Nokia isn't saying either. It's nice that they sold out but selling out of 100,000 phones is not the same as selling out of 4 million.

• Like 1

MorganX    1,044

it's not negativity it's logic. all the recent news items from nokia saying they are selling out are being looked at with a grain of salt because it's known that they are not supplying very many to begin with, especially in a certain colour. how many more do you think the best buy website got compared to AT&T? say they even got 5000 of the cyan ones. at a price point of what? 0 dollars right now cause of the rebate how is that even a big deal?

How old are you? You sound ridiculous and silly. All I can tell you is I have had many phones, including 3 iPhones. I ordered 3 Lumia 900s and have never order three of the same phones ever. The iPhones were over the lifetime of one of us being an iPhone user. My iPhone sits collecting dust. Therefore, I have no doubt the phone is selling extremely well even with Microsoft's shortcomings (no full bluetooth implementation) and still poor Windows Phone overall awareness marketing.

The only person that sounds like an annoying fanboy here is you.

rajputwarrior    280

How old are you? You sound ridiculous and silly. All I can tell you is I have had many phones, including 3 iPhones. I ordered 3 Lumia 900s and have never order three of the same phones ever. The iPhones were over the lifetime of one of us being an iPhone user. My iPhone sits collecting dust. Therefore, I have no doubt the phone is selling extremely well even with Microsoft's shortcomings (no full bluetooth implementation) and still poor Windows Phone overall awareness marketing.

cause you love your lumia (i never said the phone sucked...) and your iphone sits idle, it has to be selling well?

rfirth    740

But did they say they WOULD get the update? No, so it's very possible his argument is very valid.

Nothing has been announced... let's fear the worst!

Regarding sales, the Nokia Lumia 900 black and cyan are both, individually, STILL the best selling phones on contract on AT&T on Amazon. In fact, the cyan version is sold out on the Best Buy website AND Amazon.

Muhammad Farrukh    1,080

But did they say they WOULD get the update? No, so it's very possible his argument is very valid.

And did they say it wouldn't?

George P    5,537

And the majority of Android users probably dont care or even know what version of the OS they are using. Its just this topic is used to slam android by people who do not like the platform, or from DEVs who are just out to make a quick buck. So shall have to see what happens if/when WP7 phones being sold now will be upgraded and how people will react.

You're saying the same thing I am, that, generally speaking, regardless of platform or phone, most users don't know or care about the OS and if it gets updates. My argument isn't about OS or platform or w/e, it's about how some people on here overstate the general consumers need or want when it comes to some topics while the market has, for years, shown us otherwise. I like to think that it's a case of the techies thinking everyone else thinks or cares about the same things to the same level they do, which obviously isn't true.

c3ntury    133

seriously? one colour of a phone that the supplier is shipping in limited quantities sells out on one internet site and they write an article about it? how desperate are these windows phone fanboys for news?

Personally I'm just glad we will (hopefully) have another competitor in the market.

neo1911    793

It's a fashion on Neowin these days to go on offensive by calling chaps fanboys. Sorry to rain on your parade and tell you that your above example has nothing to do with determining sales of Lumia 900.

If someone come up with strong views, you counter them with good argument and not by name calling.

On topic however, Just one color of phone selling out doesn't prove that it is a success. If the headline reads Nokia Lumia 900 is sold out everywhere, then we are talking.

George P    5,537

It's a fashion on Neowin these days to go on offensive by calling chaps fanboys. Sorry to rain on your parade and tell you that your above example has nothing to do with determining sales of Lumia 900.

If someone come up with strong views, you counter them with good argument and not by name calling.

On topic however, Just one color of phone selling out doesn't prove that it is a success. If the headline reads Nokia Lumia 900 is sold out everywhere, then we are talking.

You're argument isn't all that strong either. You're speculating just by saying one color sells out that it's nothing. How do you know how many orders of the Cyan color Nokia has had? Besides that even the black sold out at one point online. Regardless the Cyan getting all the attention is telling, just like with white versions of some phones it proves that people are tired of the same old black slabs.

Until we have some lumia 900 numbers officially everyones guessing. On the other hand though, Nokia delaying the release of the 900 in Europe should be good evidence to the level of demand out there, unless you think Nokia runs it's production lines and only makes a very small number just to fake demand?

jakem1    1,610

It's a fashion on Neowin these days to go on offensive by calling chaps fanboys.

That's true and it's a shame to see it happening. Unfortunately there's also a lot of trolling that's been going on lately which generally results in accusations of fanboyism.

rajputwarrior    280

You're argument isn't all that strong either. You're speculating just by saying one color sells out that it's nothing. How do you know how many orders of the Cyan color Nokia has had? Besides that even the black sold out at one point online. Regardless the Cyan getting all the attention is telling, just like with white versions of some phones it proves that people are tired of the same old black slabs.

Until we have some lumia 900 numbers officially everyones guessing. On the other hand though, Nokia delaying the release of the 900 in Europe should be good evidence to the level of demand out there, unless you think Nokia runs it's production lines and only makes a very small number just to fake demand?

bingo....

George P    5,537

bingo....

Right, lets spin up our production line and spend millions to make only a handful to fake demand. Lets hope you never have to run a business.

rajputwarrior    280

Right, lets spin up our production line and spend millions to make only a handful to fake demand. Lets hope you never have to run a business.

and let's hope i never run it like nokia. and i never said i would do that...

BajiRav    2,137

Microsoft hasn't announced Windows 8 will ship. Does that mean it will never ship?

BajiRav    2,137

and let's hope i never run it like nokia. and i never said i would do that...

Not countering your point but do you really trust these credit rating companies after their role in 2008 meltdown?

firey    3,988

Microsoft hasn't announced Windows 8 will ship. Does that mean it will never ship?

It may not, until it ships there is no way to know for a 100% fact is there?

rajputwarrior    280

Not countering your point but do you really trust these credit rating companies after their role in 2008 meltdown?

that was S&P... not fitch.