My dad bought me a Jeep today!

I will be getting my license in january, so he got me the car early because it was a good deal :) this isnt an acutal photo, it is going to be here on tuesday, but here is a photo from the web site. this is the "freedom edition"

i got mine in midnight blue, but here is the red version. (mine also has charcoal colored rims)

post-7-1065896985.jpg

My question is what kind of parent just up and buys their 16 year old kid a 28,000 jeep instead of having the kid go out, get a job and learn how expensive a 28,000 dollar jeep really is.

Your parents must be insane. No kid is going to appreciate the value of such a car when it is just handed to them on a silver platter.

I have had to earn every single damn thing I own. Nothing was ever given to me and I would not have it any other way. There is no better satisfaction than knowing you have worked hard and earned that nice shiny sports car. :happy:

well your fortunate.

I waited till I was 18 to get my Lic. Because I did not want to have it at 16 and not make use of it like I wanted to, so I worked my ass off, the day I turned 18 I got my Lic. and went and purchased a brand new car WITH MY OWN money.

thats one nice car. but thats not ur own car is it. thats just what its going to look like, i was hoping for a picture of ur own car. that looks like an artists impression. if ur parents got u it expect ppl to get real jelous, i know when my parents bought me stuff, cars, computers etc ppl get real jelous. but u can also expect loads of women when u go cruising round . . . just after u because u have a decent car.

My question is what kind of parent just up and buys their 16 year old kid a 28,000 jeep instead of having the kid go out, get a job and learn how expensive a 28,000 dollar jeep really is.

parents with money :devil:

i'm 16 btw, going to be 17 in january when i get my license. and yes i'm very appreciative of my parents and i'm forunate that i have parents that are generous.

Jesus man.....

Im 21, I had to pay for my own car, which was $450....10 year old Ford. I could barly afford that, but I sure appreciated it - cause I earned that money to get that car.

Sorry, if your 16, u'll never really appreciate that kind of vehicle until you can pay for it yourself. Get yourself a job, and dont take anything like that off your parents. make your own way in life.

Your parents are insane. Period.

Your parents must be insane. No kid is going to appreciate the value of such a car when it is just handed to them on a silver platter.

I have had to earn every single damn thing I own. Nothing was ever given to me and I would not have it any other way. There is no better satisfaction than knowing you have worked hard and earned that nice shiny sports car. :happy:

Congrats on the great gift, but I have to agree with Keldyn on this one...it's just not the same when it's given to you.

Never-the-less...enjoy it! :)

Jesus man.....

Im 21, I had to pay for my own car, which was $450....10 year old Ford. I could barly afford that, but I sure appreciated it - cause I earned that money to get that car.

Sorry, if your 16, u'll never really appreciate that kind of vehicle until you can pay for it yourself. Get yourself a job, and dont take anything like that off your parents. make your own way in life.

Your parents are insane. Period.

Are you jealous or something? My parents arent insane, they just love me....a lot :p

I work at a gas station, I just blow my money on other ****

hmmm... anyone see a problem here? 15 going on 16 yr olds driving around in jeeps?

whats your point? in australia a Learner can drive what ever the hell they want as long as a fully licenced driver is next to em as long as its street legal.

so sad.. where i live half the popluation in my high school was like that.. especially the asian kids.. they'll be like oh my mom bought me a brand new 328i or IS300 or M3 or E55. and think it's anything special...

you're lucky, enjoy it man, it's a great car.

i'm going to be 17 and whats the problem? :blink:

The problem? Let's see... you're driving a ****ing aircraft carrier with barely/without prior driving experience!