My dad bought me a Jeep today!

:p As long as they don't find out your all good haha

Tom's my idol?:DD

In case of an accident, which didn't happen yet during the +6 years I have my license, they can't do ****. The yearly car inspection by a government approved company has approved my car mods.

my fuel is $1.38 a gal. so, maybe its diesel, but i still own you all. yeah, that's a super nice car, and for nothing. i think all kids should be given ****ty cars when they're old enough to drive. Lets see....my old 1980 MB 300D, no air, no heat, slow as ****. my friends car, 1989 volvo, nothing nice. other than the fact aht it was pointless to clean mny car (you couldn't tell if it was or wasn't), my friend and i kept our old ass cars in such better condition that some other poeople we knew with brand new cars. aka 2001 honda accord. messiest car ever, didn't take car of it. by giving your kid an older car you (1) let them have a car which is great b/c that can come in handy when they don't have to ask for the car all the time (2) it doesn't cost a lot of money (3) when you go to college (for free i might add) they buy you something nice like a 99 (so not new, but compared to my old car, yes) Golf, or (in my friends case) an 04 TSX. it always sorta ****ed me off to see the private school kids (espcially girls) who drove around in these super sweet cars, and probably didn't appreciate them/use the full potential of the car. and you totally don't always take care of stuff when its given to you. i ragged my dad's car when i drove that before i got a car of my own. i'd zoom around (a crown vic v8), etc. but if you buy your kid a diesel, they can't drive around really fast, and the whole speeding ticket/having an accident problem is almost eliminated. plus, everyone has jeeps. they're a dime a dozen down here (it is the south, so i think trucks/suv's are more promient here). every now and again you see one that looks good, but still...too many. you should've sprung for the Toureg. wow. that car's the ****. esp. when the v10 diesel hits next year (i think). but yeah dude, you don't even have your liscence yet. wtf?

btw- <--------me, not jealous. i have a nice car of my own.

just had to respond to say this: true some diesels don't accelerate very fast, but there are a lot of them that can very, very nicely. Like a turbo diesel mercedes. ok, that's all I had to say, lol

:p As long as they don't find out your all good haha

Tom's my idol  :D

In case of an accident, which didn't happen yet during the +6 years I have my license, they can't do ****. The yearly government approved car inspection company approved the car with engine mods.

:) nice nice.

Out of curiosity, how much money have you spent all up on the car?

18000 USD for the base car which I bought via a promotion on our local auto show back that time (was 21000 without promo), but I also sold my old car to finance that (was a Corolla 1600i). Then later on, I shelled out 3000-3500 USD for the new turbos and spoilers.

USD values are approx., I paid the stuff in belgian currency.

See over here in USA..we dont have those 1600 cc corolla or something. We just have like corlla thats it and then the s or the sports edition still same engine just a body kit!

18000 USD for the base car which I bought via a promotion on our local auto show back that time (was 21000 without promo), but I also sold my old car to finance that (was a Corolla 1600i). Then later on, I shelled out 3000-3500 USD for the new turbos and spoilers.

USD values are approx., I paid the stuff in belgian currency.

:o

*picks up jaw off the ground*

All i can say is (Y) enjoy. :yes:

You deserve it. :cool:

Huh? You gotta be kidding me!

Here you have a combination out of this (taking the Corolla as example):

- 1100cc, 1300cc, 1600cc, 2000cc, 2000cc Turbo

- Regular, Hatchback, Break

- 2x2 and 4x4 (latter one is unlisted, but if you want a 4x4, just ask for it, excludes the 1100cc)

DJ^TuRKiYe, thanks. But just incase someone tries it, no it wasnt by first car, and it got staggered upgrades since I cant **** money!

Another lucky bloke with lucky parents :D (Y)

Enjoy your wonderful gift...you deserved it :happy:

Wish my parents as fortunate and lucky as yours ;)

There is no better satisfaction than knowing you have worked hard...

that is so true. my parents made my work for my own car after my pos $7000 car was wrecked (crashed into their garage in 2000).

and anyway, is it even safe for a young driver to drive a jeep? case studies show 17 - 20 year olds are most likely to experience a car crash.

Edited by Jason the Eighty Eighth

Alright guys. I've just browsed through this entire thread and the majority of it is flames.

Case in point. It's all well and good to be fortunate, but it is not ok to rub that fact in the faces of those who are not... No one likes a show off, and much less a spoiled little rich kid who is too young to appreciate the gifts he is given.

Put it this way. When everything is simply handed to you, you just take it for granted. You will come to "expect" expensive gifts from your family. I do not envy you. I pity you because I know that were it not for your parents wealth, you would be without that nice shiny car and will be forced to earn it like the rest of us.

Earn your keep. That is the real reward.

[Thread Closed]