Uncircumcision might more easily suffer AIDS

(FIY)

(Sina Science and Technology news, Oct.11, 08:17 Beijing Time)

A meeting of American Epidemiology Association, held at San Diego, announced a research report in which researchers from the Medical College of John Hopkins University, Baltimore, indicated that uncircumcision might more easily suffer AIDS than circumcised men, The research report, based on the investigation of 2,300 India's men, shows the possibility of infecting HIV for uncircumcision is much higher (about octuple) than for circumcised men,

The researchers pointed out the interior epidermis of foreskin does not have the protected function like the exterior epidermis; compared to circumcised men, uncircumcision is much esaier to be infected by HIV. In North America and some countries that are beyond the limitation of traditional thinking, circumcision for male is very popular, and doing so can better prevent genital from infection and penis cancer. There are two-part male infants in US having their foreskin circumcised per annum, while there are just a few man having their foreskin circumcised in other countries, including India. Because most of the men in these countries are bound to their traditionally historical culture and religion.

Prof.Steven Reynolds, of the Medical College of Hopkins University, is one of the investigators of the research. He pointed out:"Since AIDS has been prevalent in the world, it is important that we effectively take countermeasures against AIDS. At present, the number of patients who suffer AIDS has been increasing terribly in developing countries." The researchers in Hopkins Hospital also compared the disease-causing probabilities of other sexual disease, such as syphilis, gonorrhea and genital herpes, between uncircumcision and circumcised men; the infected proportion in the uncircumcision is somewhat higher than in the circumcised men. But the difference between the two doesn't has the significance in statistics.

During 1993 to 2000, midical experts have researched male patients who were treated in three sexual disease cliniques in Pune, India, and tried to find out the venture factor of infecting HIV. The medical research of the John Hopkins University is a part of the research of the medical experts.

Reynolds said:"Some perverse behaviours help the wide spread of sexual disease, e.g. the perverse relation with prostitutes, the condom usages that ignore the consciousness of health and safety." He also said, according to the medical development in future, it is possible to provide an antiseptic for healthy and safe sexual behavior.

Finally Reynolds indicated:"Circumcision, as a tactic of preventing sexual disease, needs further confirmation from clinical experiments."

Translated by JB

The link:

http://tech.sina.com.cn/other/2003-10-11/0...817242530.shtml

PS. Personally, I am so skeptical for the reliability of the research report.(Note: Sina.com.cn is the biggest Chinese site in the world)

:rolleyes: Simple answer... dong shag around, allways wear protection, no one night stands, Only shag people who you know havent got/could have aids... like your best female friend :p

:o I think a poll here would be good...

Are you circumcized?

yes ( )

No ( )

I don't have a penis ( )

please vote

Use a crayon, a marker or lipstick (if its your case) ON YOUR SCREEN

Edited by MEMO.INC

:rolleyes: Simple answer... dong shag around, allways wear protection, no one night stands, Only shag people who you know havent got/could have aids... like your best female friend :p

ya never know who's got what.... :x It could even be your best female friend :x

My dad once told me circumsizing is good for health and yet for clean and hygenic reason that could prevent disease from happening. I'm not really sure about it though.

I agree. Such a poll would provide invaluable information to scientists so that they may further advance today's technologies regarding the male penis.

Is there another kind of penis? :blink:

Circumcision is (was) the church's way of removing pleasure from masturbating males, because uncircumcised penises derive more pleasure as the foreskin slides over the glans (head). More doctor's now do not recommend it.

dammit I was circumcised and didn't have a choice in the matter at all...not fair. I always wonder if I am missing something...like 40,000 nerve endings that derive pleasure that are now gone.. thanks mom and dad, thanks a lot.

dammit I was circumcised and didn't have a choice in the matter at all...not fair. I always wonder if I am missing something...like 40,000 nerve endings that derive pleasure that are now gone.. thanks mom and dad, thanks a lot.

man you dont know what youre missing.. the tip is the best part..

plus the chicks love it :yes: its true..

your mom and dad are cruel.. tell them "thank you for chopping my foreskin mom and dad", in a sarcastic tone.. they will love you :happy: