Android Vs iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS

I read "I realized that Android has a much more polished UI and more intuitive features" in the first YouTube video description and closed the browser window. What a ridiculously false statement.

Maybe if you would reserve your judgement and watch the video instead of being so head-up-your-ass to not be open to someones opinion, your statements would be considered valid, and not a waste of pixels.

see my post above... Its a phone there is nothing in there other than icons backgroud and effects on the launcher and menu's

and launcher can do all that without root!!! Did you even watch the video in that he make his phone exactly look like an iphone without a root. Did you know that can be done or were you just assuming that it cannot be done

I stopped watching after a brief period as the whole series is one sided and skipped a lot. ( Doesn't help that he also made a video regarding how to get people to switch to Android.)

Also he started moaning about lack of flash, so I had to stop watching again.

Oh and I know it can be done, cause I asked android people. They go on and on about the superiority ob android and root isn't like jailbreak and other crap trying to justify themselves. Literally majority of you all are drinking the green oil instead of apple juice. Your just blind to see its the same drink different color. You have your own reality distortion field. Except it has nothing to do with Jobs

But the level of customization on android with no root isn't the level you are hinting at.

My guess is that the first thing you do when you get a device is root it to remove ( remove not hide ) crap like Sprints NASCAR app ( I hate that thing )

Its like arguing to a rock or POS.

The same can be said about you and Boz, and been said on numerous occasions in past threads

I personally buy either Google pure phones [...] because I know I will get an update immediately when it's released. No problems at all.

You mean like the Nexus S 4G that just recently got ICS (almost 6 months after the OS was released)?

You literally just realized this, apparently your moron self hasn't read anything in the last year, I have stated from day 1 that I do not own an android device, I have only briefly used one ( notice I said used, twice total, r ensue to use it more as it annoys the crap out of me due to all the crap to go through to do a simple thing, and that's IF the app didn't crash or hang ) one of my biggest pet peeves is the stupid Loading bar on the Browser, it's only a couple pixels big. The only option is to use a different browser that has a different bar. Nope can't customize it. But you yell at safari for its lack of customization

Luckily any and all questions and support for Android comes from multiple people I personally know, can get ahold very easially. And 1 of which is a big contributor/developer/reviewer to a major Android site and has told and shown me the limitations of Android Customizations.

So yes you ***** I did find it through google search, and SPECIFICALLY SAID I FOUND IT USING GOOGLE. I typed in "Android Lock Screen" into google, wasn't hard, you should try it.

As far as credability, if you are the one judging for credibility I am so glad I don't qualify.

Chill Brah. Please tell me what customization you are talking about. What you are talking about is changing someone elses program to look how you want outside of theming. Hell unless you can access the code for the app, you can't change the progress bar, as that's how it was designed in the code.

So tell me what is the limitation you see that is not something that unless you have source to the app, cannot be done.

Chill Brah. Please tell me what customization you are talking about. What you are talking about is changing someone elses program to look how you want outside of theming. Hell unless you can access the code for the app, you can't change the progress bar, as that's how it was designed in the code.

So tell me what is the limitation you see that is not something that unless you have source to the app, cannot be done.

i had to...

in the first video when he kept mentioning how in iOS it took more steps and android, it reminded me how i felt about windows 8 compared to windows 7 ha...

haha.... at least i hope you have used Win 8... some have never used it and say stuffs which they have no clue about and cry about it.

Applies to any OS.

I stopped watching after a brief period as the whole series is one sided and skipped a lot. ( Doesn't help that he also made a video regarding how to get people to switch to Android.)

But what if he had a switch to Blackberry video? Would you watch it then? Or because he likes android and proves using the devices in stock style, he is wrong? Seems kinda biased/non-sensical to me.

Also he started moaning about lack of flash, so I had to stop watching again.

Show's you didn't watch it, he actually doesn't moan about the lack of flash, infact he says he totally understands and can see why apple did it. However from a general use perspective it can be a pain. Maybe if you watched the videos you would have something a little more solid to stand on, other than what you THINK it's about.

Oh and I know it can be done, cause I asked android people. They go on and on about the superiority ob android and root isn't like jailbreak and other crap trying to justify themselves. Literally majority of you all are drinking the green oil instead of apple juice. Your just blind to see its the same drink different color. You have your own reality distortion field. Except it has nothing to do with Jobs

But the level of customization on android with no root isn't the level you are hinting at.

My guess is that the first thing you do when you get a device is root it to remove ( remove not hide ) crap like Sprints NASCAR app ( I hate that thing )

No, most people don't root/hack. I've seen studies that show more people leave stock than mod.

lol... then what are you doing here??? you are doing the same thing...

where, I have said both are essentially the same, both have faults

I have stated what muffs me off about iOS and my iPad1 crashing like an addict.

So where have I said that iOS was better then android. Their are things I don't like about BOTH Mobile OS's.

I have even stated in threads about " should I get an iPad " where I tell a person to use both first then decide. And read reviews.

But I forgot because I don't agree with you crazies I'm auto on the apple fence. Morons

As much I think that Android (all its versions) is better compared to iOS (all its versions), this guy does seem kind of bais to some of the things he says and more so HOW he says it.

Good videos though. Lets see 5 and 6.

So the guy uses Android for a year, and iOS for a week and decides that the iPhone isn't as good? Fair comparison brahhh

I assume you didnt watch the video.. He used iphone for 30 days(description of part1) and has been using ipad for FEW months..

he even used his ipad on the video when doing the comparison.

Moral of the story is, Android is a mess because of the litter of devices and fragmentation. I personally don't care for the interface of Windows Phone, but I do prefer it over Android since it's much more fluid and stable. It looks like rajput beat me to exactly what I was going to say, but the Note is a class example of what I was talking about. And I would sure hope that ICS does wonders on that phone because it's a lagfest. The whole root and rom install excuse is really lame actually. Unless the phone supports CyanogenMod, it's not even worth bothering. Even then, it's just plain embarrassing that the phone can only run well with 3rd party software.

For somebody that has the compulsive urge to "hack" into their phone and wants to be able to play NES on their 4" screen, then Android is perfect for them. For somebody that wants a clean interface that never lags and there is no worries about catching a virus, then iOS is the way to go. It's a little too early to judge Windows Phone, but it seems they are making pretty decent strides to provide the quality and stability of iOS. They just need a bigger app and phone selection.

I bet you jailbreak you iPhone and/or iPad

I bet you jailbreak you iPhone and/or iPad

No since this is no jailbreak for the 4S and 3rd gen iPad.

Even if there was, I don't see any reason to. Cydia doesn't magically give me everything I need unless I want to pirate apps, and I really don't have any urge to do that. Not sure what that has to do with anything though.

I love the second video playing a game with a bluetooth controller. Someone just a few days ago said who'd want to play games using touch on a small phone/table screen when there are consoles like the Xbox360. Well as the video says, hook your Android phone/table up to a 1080p TV and use your bluetooth game controller and you have a console already, one which has all your past (emulated), and present games.

It's pretty amazing how functional Android is considering all the different configurations it has to support. (Y)

that's cool to do that cuz yeah small screen gaming sucks I cant even game on a ds or psp let alone my phone's tiny screen...

A lot of those things he points out in the first video is because he is using a **** browser instead of Safari. Pretty biased.

(And I have an HTC One X and ASUS Transformer Prime as well as an iPhone 4S. More than happy to use either).

I saw the 1st video, and yet he didnt use a Windows Phone, with those tile updating and ****. You wont see widgets or a main screen, thats it, all its on the main screen

Wow, this thread is like Engadget comments.

Its a good set of videos so far. It would be nice if the guy also showed us why he believes his iOS tablet is the "best tablet" in the market. His been talking about good features from Android then comparing them against iOS which isn't totally fair. So he should also pick up some good features from iOS then compare them against Android. I'm sure there are some :p

I've used iOS for a couple of hours and I certainly prefer the fluid GUI over Gingerbread. But I prefer Android overall mainly due to the open eco-system of the platform and the fact that most Applications are free ad-supported.

As for the so called update problem of Android; as long as my phone achieves what the box and company told me it should when I bought it, then I don't expect an update unless there is a security/performance issue. The same goes for any device on any platform. I see free upgrades as a bonus, not a right.

I read "I realized that Android has a much more polished UI and more intuitive features" in the first YouTube video description and closed the browser window. What a ridiculously false statement.

What he said was his opinion on the diff OS. But what else is in the video is an interesting look at both platforms and a good comparison. But hey, I guess you wouldnt know any of that since you only watched a few min of one video. :rolleyes:

You mean like the Nexus S 4G that just recently got ICS (almost 6 months after the OS was released)?

So? They had to properly test the OS on an older device and make sure everything worked properly. Its called "exactly what all other manufacturers do". They are not going to toss out an update just because it worked on another device and assume it will work on theirs. The Nexus S is a pure google phone and was the point that was being made. Nexus got the update sooner than a lot of other devices.

He is clearly not iOS expert. I'd rather have two independent people (one for android another for ios) with open minds the some Android fanboy rant how good Android is.

• Like 2

He is clearly not iOS expert. I'd rather have two independent people (one for android another for ios) with open minds the some Android fanboy rant how good Android is.

Did you watch the videos? If so, then please explain what has he said to be inaccurate?

What he said was his opinion on the diff OS. But what else is in the video is an interesting look at both platforms and a good comparison. But hey, I guess you wouldnt know any of that since you only watched a few min of one video. :rolleyes:

typical example of people not watching the video and commenting.. maybe it just hurts them to see those videos.

it's still a problem with the android platform though that google has not done anything to help resolve.

How has Google not done anything to resolve the OS upgrade issues with Android? They developed one OS to cover both platforms and have been talking with manufacturers on increasing the update schedules. One OS for both platforms was a big step that Google made.