Android Vs iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS

boz has more apple hardware then the biggest "isheeps" on the planet. he is a walking, talking, living, breathing hypocrite.

True, but also he stated he owns them because he HAS to own them. So guess that's his justification.

True, but also he stated he owns them because he HAS to own them. So guess that's his justification.

he got called out for stating on his work blog or some blog that he misses his iphone...

I dont agree with that. We would of had similar tech maybe at a later date, but Apple is not the only people to have these ideas. The only reason why Apple had it was that Jobs wasnt afraid to take chances. Tablets, for example, were not a new concept because Apple brought them to market first. They were just the first company to take the chance.

And from what I read, Android and iOS were being developed around the same time. Apple just beat Android to market.

while like a pos, eric schmidt sat there, on the board of directors for apple, saying nothing, gaining all of this knowledge about iOS and the iphone. then turns around, resigns from the board and created android like a douche. there is a specific reason why steve jobs wanted android to die...

he got called out for stating on his work blog or some blog that he misses his iphone...

I think that was me that linked that, was is own blog tied to company he owns doing Apple UI mockups for films or something ( prolly low budget )

while like a pos, eric schmidt sat there, on the board of directors for apple, saying nothing, gaining all of this knowledge about iOS and the iphone. then turns around, resigns from the board and created android like a douche. there is a specific reason why steve jobs wanted android to die...

Take a look at Pre- iPhone Android OS vs. Post IPhone Android OS, the change is drastic, originally it looked like something that ran on my LG Rumor

Android was first released in 08, and Schmidt resigned on 09. And both OS looks completely different from each other. And android was being created before he resigned. He just went on to be the head of Android to get it going.

Um bit of a mistake there ;) Android wasn't initially created by google, they bought it.

Google purchased the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., in 2005.[7] The unveiling of the Android distribution in 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open Handset Alliance, a consortium of 86 hardware, software, and telecommunication companies devoted to advancing open standards for mobile devices.[8][9][10][11] Google releases the Android code as open-source, under the Apache License.[12] The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) is tasked with the maintenance and further development of Android.[13]

Take a look at Pre- iPhone Android OS vs. Post IPhone Android OS, the change is drastic, originally it looked like something that ran on my LG Rumor

It has nothing to do with Apple per-se. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that actual hardware and the way phones were built changed, technology improved, got smaller, we got better touch screens etc, and really, none of that is thanks to Apple but those manufacturers like Samsung and others who actually make this hardware. Android, just like any other OS, evolves through time adopting to the new hardware and the way people interact with them. If anything, the only positive thing I give to Apple is that they managed to use their powerful marketing machinery to make mainstream consumers adopt it quickly.

The fact, that's undeniable to everyone but the biggest Apple fans that simply refuse to believe that anything can be better than Apple is that Android as an OS is and has been FAR superior to iOS in any way you want to look at it. Whether it's because Apple wants to control everything on iOS, or because Apple just didn't evolve iOS fast enough, no matter what it is, Android has always had things done better and had tons of features that iOS didn't. With ICS that difference is night and day.

It has nothing to do with Apple per-se. It has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that actual hardware and the way phones were built changed, technology improved, got smaller, we got better touch screens etc, and really, none of that is thanks to Apple but those manufacturers like Samsung

i could have sworn that before the iphone came to market the hottest selling product was the thinnest phone, not touchscreen, not smartphone, not tablet. it was who could make the thinnest phone.

the fact that you are eithe literally to Blind or to Stupid to only see things in green bot colored glass's and see certain parts of anything that conforms to your reality distortion field. there are multiple people in this thread that are not Apple Fans, but yet you seem to think they are

Before the iPhone while we did have Smartphones and touchscreen phones and both in one course they were not user friendly to the average everyday consumer and the hardware just was not there . Apple created a device that looked sleek and incorporated the first ever Multi-touch captive display in to a consumer device that small they also managed to deliver us a very Robust Operating system that still today very robust and very consistent throughout the Os iOS and what not it was i am sure to other developers jaw dropping how Apple managed to render such a beautiful OS on a 400mhz device with 128mb of ram once Apple annouced the iPhone many developers rushed TS phones to the market which most failed and was far inferior to the iPhone .

Now in one of those videos the guy really kinda got me scratching my head WTF was he thinking he talked about iOs having inconstant between some of the built in Apps comparing safari and the youtube App saying oh well buttons are in different places and that is confusing to some ( Hello those Apps have different functions and purposes) Also he talked about Apples proprietary Charger port how you cant get one anywhere else hardly and only by Apple or so (Umm i can get a $9 - 30pin connector charger @ Bimart or Walmart from 3rd party and many online places and other retail stores ( he obviously did not somehow do his research that is near right in front of your face )

nothing thing i hated is how he praised the Fact almost that Android devices were in many many plenty. Quote is from the 2nd Video at the 10min mark so watch

Quote: it is amazing how android works with so many Phones and how many devices are out there compared to Apple it is pretty amazing i mean think about how many different processors how many different screen sizes some with slide out KBs some with no Slide out KBs some with back and front facing cameras Android works with or has to work with all these different types configurations when ya think about Apple well Apple only has to worry about 1 Phone and that is it right and android you know again they have so many different things weather you want 3.5" to 5" AMOLED Display these are the different type of configurations that android just works and the beauty of it is that you as the consumer have a choice this is amazing think of all the different configurations ram chipsets phones sizes for android to work for all of this it is brilliant and how with Apple they only have to work with several different configurations Why they cant get it Right .

i call that stupid that he thinks Andriod is better because they have to work harder to get it working on so many devices and configurations and that he assumes Apple cant get anything done right because they only have a few devices iOs is on

Look, I've never undersood people's fascination with apple v ms or apple v Android. People buy what they wanr, what suits them but its the way some take criticism of one or the other so much to heart that baffles me.

Personally never like Mac or apple. I much prefer android for many reasons but that's my personal choice. I would hazard a guess that mist people that buy an iPhone are buying it because its an iPhone and like myself simply buy it to use the net and use apps..but wouldn't know alit more about them.

Um bit of a mistake there ;) Android wasn't initially created by google, they bought it.

yeah sorry i know he didn't create it, they bought it. but point still stands.

Can't we just co-exist? :D

I own a HTC Desire with ICS and even though the first betas felt kind of sluggish, not runs fluid as water.

I wanted to try a iPhone, always had that curiosity, but I have to say that Android took that need away ... for now at least.

I wish both OSes a bright future, after all, competition is a healthy thing.

This is what android looked before the iPhone came around:

2012-04-251129.jpg

http://www.theverge....esented-in-2006

No kidding. It was designed to compete with Blackberry and Windows Mobile in 2006. In 2007 the iPhone came out. Android rethought the mobile OS and changed it drastically. You see, Symbian failed because they never changed. Blackberry has fallen from grace because they saw the writing on the wall and did nothing. Microsoft just moved at a snails pace.

The fact, that's undeniable to everyone but the biggest Apple fans that simply refuse to believe that anything can be better than Apple is that Android as an OS is and has been FAR superior to iOS in any way you want to look at it. Whether it's because Apple wants to control everything on iOS, or because Apple just didn't evolve iOS fast enough, no matter what it is, Android has always had things done better and had tons of features that iOS didn't. With ICS that difference is night and day.

Sorry. The only fact is that it is your opinion. When ever you say something like, "Android is far superior to iOS..." or vice versa, you are actually stating your opinion. We all see things differently, and both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses. You can throw all the links you want at me that will back up your claim, but you're just linking to others that share the same opinion as you. But again, they're just opinions and not facts. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

You think Android is better, and I think iOS is better, but I'm not the type to, "refuse to believe that anything can be better than Apple." I've had Android phones before, and while I do think that they do some things better than iOS, I still think that, overall, iOS is far superior, and that's not a fact. The main thing, for me, is that I don't have to shut half of my 4s down to get a full day out of the battery like I had to with my Note. To you, that may not be a deciding factor because we're all different....duh.

Sorry. The only fact is that it is your opinion. When ever you say something like, "Android is far superior to iOS..." or vice versa, you are actually stating your opinion. We all see things differently, and both platforms have their strengths and weaknesses. You can throw all the links you want at me that will back up your claim, but you're just linking to others that share the same opinion as you. But again, they're just opinions and not facts. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

I get what you are saying. You are correct. Everything I post on forums and things is my opinion which I do try to backup with facts and information that just explains why and how I formed that opinion. When I"m wrong I don't really have an issue of saying I was. People have different needs and for some iOS is perfect. Reality is, as you said, Android does quite a few things better than iOS. I really, personally, haven't found anything on iOS that I can say is "better" done than on Android, but I can say the opposite for Android.. That's why I say Android is better. I personally can do far more with Android than I can with iOS and that's what i base my opinion.

It's more flexible, customizable, productive OS compared to iOS, but I might not be the "mainstream" consumer as I develop for both platforms so I know them in and out. Some people are fine doing one task at a time or having simplicity of just a bunch of icons on a screen and using apps for anything that iOS doesn't have solved properly and having those apps run in a sandbox without the ability to communicate with each other (such as Android and intents).

The videos posted in OP, just show some of the things why which I and a LOT of people agree with. The reality is that nobody should care, just buy what you want to use, but the problem is that since Apple came into the mobile industry the hordes of Apple users have started creating this polarization how Android and other stuff sucks and Apple does everything magically. This extreme "opinion" has been harped on as some kind of fact and mainly because Apple keeps fueling it. The reality is quite different.

I get what you are saying. You are correct. Everything I post on forums and things is my opinion which I do try to backup with facts and information that just explains why and how I formed that opinion.

No you backup your "opinion" with more opinion citing the opinion as fact, and you ignore anything that contradicts, as well as disrespecting others opinion if it contradicts your " opinion "

And I say " opinion " as you even try to put your " opinion " as fact.

I personally wouldn't give 2 rats a** about your " opinion " if it was just that, but you disrespect others opinions and views, flaimbait, as well try to pass off your " opinion " as fact, argue that it is fact, and pretty much have a verry selective viewpoint and reading comprehension.

Literally I don't have a lower viewpoint towards anybody else that has ever lived compared to my opinion of you

*edit - and your last paragraph you can switch the names Google and Apple and you have what you preach, you just like the Apple Zealots, just preaching a different religion

I'm glad he had the time to point these things. Something I've been arguing with Apple fanboys forever. Android is light years ahead of iOS and there's absolutely no question about it. These videos just cement and show facts as they are.

I agree that Android is lightyears ahead in many ways but not all.

One really nice feature that iOS has is the ability to control all music apps from the lock screen or multitasking bar, which is very useful. I can control the built in music app and spotify from the same place, which is great. No such thing on Android.

I think one place where Android really shines over iOS (and nobody has been able to refute this) is sharing. iOS can only share to a hard coded list of places, not Facebook or anywhere else that implements the share API.

haha.... at least i hope you have used Win 8... some have never used it and say stuffs which they have no clue about and cry about it.

Applies to any OS.

yip use it every day, still don't like it ha