Android Vs iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS

How much do you get paid for defending a brand people? That goes for both android users and apple users.

+1. Its ridiculous. So many people so passionate about their smartphone that they are stuck in this ridiculous mindset that all other smartphones and smartphone manufacturers must fail. Religions people show more respect for others that don?t share their beliefs than you people. This is beyond religion. Some of you are flat out nuts over very stupid things.

+1. Its ridiculous. So many people so passionate about their smartphone that they are stuck in this ridiculous mindset that all other smartphones and smartphone manufacturers must fail. Religions people show more respect for others that don?t share their beliefs than you people. This is beyond religion. Some of you are flat out nuts over very stupid things.

A specter is haunting the world

Edit - he corrected his mistakes in the video, but said it didn't mater, even though he still makes it a point that it ultimately does matter because letter selection isn't instant in iOS.

These videos are nothing more then Android masturbation videos

No mater what is said The Android Zealots in this thread are still going to ignore that there are problems with both, and neither is better then the other

my theory is rabid fanboyism is a way to make up for their low self esteem problems they have in real life. they attach themselves to something artificial, find others just like them, yearning to belong to something, and defend if like it was their first born.

I'm probably the biggest non-fanboy you're likely to meet, lets see what tech I own shall we:

Custom built desktop using hardware from various different companies.

Compaq Laptop (4+ years old and still working)

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

HTC HD7

Sony PSVita

Microsoft Xbox

Nintendo Wii

Microsoft Zune HD

The reason you don't see any Apple products in that list is because I disagree with their business practices. This doesn't mean that I won't help my girlfriend when she has a problem with her Macbook or help my sister when she has an issue with her Macbook, iPad or iPhone, it just means that I won't ever buy any Apple products.

I'm probably the biggest non-fanboy you're likely to meet, lets see what tech I own shall we:

Custom built desktop using hardware from various different companies.

Compaq Laptop (4+ years old and still working)

Samsung Galaxy Nexus

HTC HD7

Sony PSVita

Microsoft Xbox

Nintendo Wii

Microsoft Zune HD

The reason you don't see any Apple products in that list is because I disagree with their business practices. This doesn't mean that I won't help my girlfriend when she has a problem with her Macbook or help my sister when she has an issue with her Macbook, iPad or iPhone, it just means that I won't ever buy any Apple products.

Really you don't see a issue with a statement with disgreeing with Apples business practices but be okay with all the aboves companys practices?

Loyalty is blind.

At the other end of the spectrum Apple gives the best customer support to people who buy their products, I had a mistake with a order, complained and I got ?50 off. I wouldn't have got that with any other on your list.

Really you don't see a issue with a statement with disgreeing with Apples business practices but be okay with all the aboves companys practices?

Loyalty is blind.

At the other end of the spectrum Apple gives the best customer support to people who buy their products, I had a mistake with a order, complained and I got ?50 off. I wouldn't have got that with any other on your list.

So you agree with their business practices then?

I disagree with the "sue first" practice that Apple has and the fact that they overcharge for hardware that is no better than the hardware in my desktop PC.

You need to read up on what "brand loyalty" is because that's the point I'm making, I DON'T have brand loyalty. If I did then I would have all Samsung or Sony products, which I don't.

There's nothing wrong with being loyal to a particular brand though. Look at Apple users, some of them are the most brand loyal people I know.

• 2 weeks later...

So you agree with their business practices then?

I disagree with the "sue first" practice that Apple has and the fact that they overcharge for hardware that is no better than the hardware in my desktop PC.

There's nothing wrong with being loyal to a particular brand though. Look at Apple users, some of them are the most brand loyal people I know.

Really it is their right to sue first. Let the legal system deal with it. That is why these companies have armies of lawyers. Sure it makes the legal system polluted but right now it is the best one we have. That does not affect what products I buy.

I agree that Android is lightyears ahead in many ways but not all.

One really nice feature that iOS has is the ability to control all music apps from the lock screen or multitasking bar, which is very useful. I can control the built in music app and spotify from the same place, which is great. No such thing on Android.

I think one place where Android really shines over iOS (and nobody has been able to refute this) is sharing. iOS can only share to a hard coded list of places, not Facebook or anywhere else that implements the share API.

Great feature in iOS you pointed out. Both have features that I like though. But as soon as they are implemented people will say oh you copy. blah blah. I want that feature so please DO copy. Out of the box I like music management and photo management in iOS but with some paid apps...Android tops that. So it is a wash. I also like widgets in Android. gives me something to look at when I am bored or I do not want to pay attention to some one. HAHAH

PS. I love reading the posts in here.

PSS have you tried Sweet and Salty Chex Mix. OMG it is awesome.

• 1 month later...

iOS 6 vs ICS The Truth About Apple Mobile OS vs Android

[/url]

The more that guy talks about liking everything, but boosting android oike it gives him hickies, i belive more and more its a certian user on the forums

The more that guy talks about liking everything, but boosting android oike it gives him hickies, i belive more and more its a certian user on the forums

Same number of people praise Apple and WP. But thats just the nature of these things. Do your own research and get whats right for you...what I tell people.

Yea that doesnt change anything, comment still stands.

I found especially funny that he said when he got the iPad3 he had to delete apps because the retna display took more space......?

Yea that doesnt change anything, comment still stands.

I found especially funny that he said when he got the iPad3 he had to delete apps because the retna display took more space......?

I am not sure if you are ignorant but here is an article about space and retina http://www.maclife.com/article/news/those_retina_displayoptimized_apps_are_taking_too_much_room_your_ipad

I am not sure if you are ignorant but here is an article about space and retina http://www.maclife.com/article/news/those_retina_displayoptimized_apps_are_taking_too_much_room_your_ipad

I think your the ignorant one, the " Retna " updates are App specific, he would have the exact same App on the iPad 2 vs 3. My Stepfather gets Retna Updates on the iPad 1 i sold him.

So please explain how he had to delete apps from the 3 only again due to the retna? He would NOT have a non retna file with diffrent size on a ipad 2 and a diffrent size on the 3, both files would be exactially the same, just the iPad2 wouldnt use the bigger rez

So again, he would be able to fit EXCIALY what he had from the 2 unto the 3 and vicverca

*edit - a specific example, when i had my iPad 1 i had an Update for Infinity Blade for increaded graphics on the iPad 2, i didnt have an iPad 2, but it was in the update / file anyway. Just like his iPad 2 would get Retna Updates but not have a Retna screen.

Light years? Sure they have a few trivial features that iOS doesn't have, but how much does that really matter? Personally, I think not much. Android still can't figure out how to get rid of the lag and crashing problems, and for that sake, I think it's really sad. If somebody can make their phone faster and more stable by installing a custom ROM, that's a clear sign that the core OS is laughable.

First- I have 2 iPads, and three Android devices (though on replaced the other, so it really is only two.) My phone is an Evo 4G LTE (ICS) and my Android tablet is a Galaxy Tab, the original model. I like the iPads a lot, but wouldn't trade me Evo 4G LTE for an iPhone. My Evo has no lag. It's VERY fast. And it doesn't crash.

And if someone has to void the warranty by jailbreaking it just to be able to use it effectively, that's a clear sign the the core OS is laughable.

I think your the ignorant one, the " Retna " updates are App specific, he would have the exact same App on the iPad 2 vs 3. My Stepfather gets Retna Updates on the iPad 1 i sold him.

So please explain how he had to delete apps from the 3 only again due to the retna? He would NOT have a non retna file with diffrent size on a ipad 2 and a diffrent size on the 3, both files would be exactially the same, just the iPad2 wouldnt use the bigger rez

So again, he would be able to fit EXCIALY what he had from the 2 unto the 3 and vicverca

*edit - a specific example, when i had my iPad 1 i had an Update for Infinity Blade for increaded graphics on the iPad 2, i didnt have an iPad 2, but it was in the update / file anyway. Just like his iPad 2 would get Retna Updates but not have a Retna screen.

I am not here to argue with you but my understanding from the video is to make room for other apps he had to delete some apps since now app have grown in size. you are making it too complicated.

Also, the video is a month old... a month or two after ipad 3 got released and the apps started getting big... so his point is that after the retinal the app got bigger with update and needed to delete some apps...

he is comparing his ipad2 space vs ipad3 space after retina.

I am not here to argue with you but my understanding from the video is to make room for other apps he had to delete some apps since now app have grown in size. you are making it too complicated.

Also, the video is a month old... a month or two after ipad 3 got released and the apps started getting big... so his point is that after the retinal the app got bigger with update and needed to delete some apps...

he is comparing his ipad2 space vs ipad3 space after retina.

And he would have needed to delete those same apps from his iPad2. Im not debating the fact that he had to delete apps, im not debating the apps got bigger.

Im arguing that he makes it sound like the Retna Display takes Disk space on the HDD that isnt there on the iPad2. That is one of many things that he says is complete wrong, as well as other things that make him sound like hes just trying to sell something.

And if someone has to void the warranty by jailbreaking it just to be able to use it effectively, that's a clear sign the the core OS is laughable.

Jailbreaking doesnt void the just have to put it back to the iOS official, same as Android, and yes have o do the same thing warrenty wise with Android. asus wouldnt help Billaguana when his Transformer had issues, and they wouldnt even talk to him untill he went back to non custom, unrooted ( same as a jailbreak )

Im arguing that he makes it sound like the Retna Display takes Disk space on the HDD that isnt there on the iPad2. That is one of many things that he says is complete wrong, as well as other things that make him sound like hes just trying to sell something.

well, i get what you saying but i think he is comparing space use before retina release vs device space after retina release.

the main reason he compared it that way is because he has an ipad2 and replaced it with ipad 3 right when ipad3 got released.

its obvious he would have seen a difference right after retina got released

• 2 weeks later...

Only redeeming quality of the iPhone is the high density display. Android is coming along with HD displays now to though. Whenever i use an iOS device, the only thing i feel is limitation.

The thing that REALLY bugs me about iOS, is its pathetic multitasking. I cant skype with an iOS user, and link them a video or anything for them to glance at, or a link even. They get a text while on skype from their iPhone, it drops the call, or a call even. The phone is JUNK, and costs WAY more.

I saw more App crashes on an iPhone than my SGSII, and overall, iOS fans are just idiots. They clearly havent used android, or bought some $300 android device and compared it to a $800 dollar iPhone. EVERYTHING is more complicated on iOS, and it has like no features.

• 1 month later...

The thing that REALLY bugs me about iOS, is its pathetic multitasking. I cant skype with an iOS user, and link them a video or anything for them to glance at, or a link even. They get a text while on skype from their iPhone, it drops the call, or a call even. The phone is JUNK, and costs WAY more.

If someone is on a call in skype and they get another call or a phone call or message..it should put you on hold. Not drop the call. I never seen this before. Maybe they are having an app issue.

I don't know exactly which one is better but I am kind of used to android so I will recommend people to go for android. It is kind of smart and simple to use. I love it's simplicity and user controls most.

Being an Android fan myself (having used it since it hit 1.6 many moons ago) I see it as a better system than iOS, but I dare say that it's through familiarity. I could go on about how I dislike this or that about apple but for me, they are overpriced for a limited bit of kit. I needn't delve further into it cos I know that will just get the apple fans throwing their retorts again.

However! These video's scream rabid fanboyism, despite having highlighted a few tips and apps to me that I didn't know existed previously (Cerberus app for example, I bought a licence for it today based on his use in one of the videos and I am considering tasker for my bosses Galaxy S3) I think he is the kind of fan that really shouldn't be extolling the virtues of a product, as he doesn't give any opposing views in any of his videos.

• 2 weeks later...

I previosly got real ticked off at Google Android Devices after I had bought the Very Origional Motorola Droid right before they stopped selling it and the last Update that Verizon provided me was 2.2.1, the device never even got 2.3 for crying out loud! As a result I am now a 100% loyal IPhone Customer.