MS : Windows Release Preview (RC)- First Week of June

Metro takes getting used to if you have had 0 experience with it. You got to brush up on your keyboard shortcuts and learn the gestures. I'd rather go through it with a pre-release than have a crash course at RTM.

I mentioned exactly that back when the Developer Preview became publicly available. "Windows 2000 Professional for Dummies" got dusted off and put to hard usage. (And to answer that inevitably-asked question, I bought the book for work (at the time) - not home, as I had been running 2000 Professional at home since it launched. I was working at Big Cable Company, and we were in the process of shifting from NT4WS to Windows 2000 Professional companywide. 2000 Pro is different enough from NT4WS that things weren't entirely the same - especially in terms of keyboard usage.)

Still waiting for some public links for those not on MSDN/Technet etc.

• Like 1

Obviously a clean install is recommended, I did an upgrade from Win7 to Win8 CP, and have Codec issues, would an install where I keep my files be ok? Is that any different than performing a clean install and then dragging my files onto an external drive?

Eh, I've only got 13 minutes left Detection, don't worry, all yours when I'm done ;) lol

Still waiting for some public links for those not on MSDN/Technet etc.

If someone with a Technet account, downloading with FF right clicks the download and chooses Copy Download Link, you can share those links ending in ,32

W00t, thanks for the TechNet link :0 Downloading now at 2.7MB/s! Close to the max of this 30Mbps connection at work, at home i have 50Mbps so guess i'll prolly try getting it there instead to not suck the life from the bandwidth at work :D

So someone share a link for the 32bit version plz! I'm installing on vbox so I don't need the 64bit version at this point.

W00t, thanks for the TechNet link :0 Downloading now at 2.7MB/s! Close to the max of this 30Mbps connection at work, at home i have 50Mbps so guess i'll prolly try getting it there instead to not suck the life from the bandwidth at work :D

I've got 76meg here and only getting 1.4MB/s and 1.7MB/s for x64 and x86