Starz Orders New Michael Bay Series "Black Sails"

"Black Sails" will be executive produced by Michael Bay (Transformers, Armageddon, Pearl Harbor) and his Platinum Dunes partners Brad Fuller and Andrew Form [producers on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) and Nightmare on Elm Street (2009)]. The series is created by showrunner and executive producer Jon Steinberg (creator "Jericho," "Human Target") and co-executive producer Robert Levine ("Touch").

Sooo, Bay is just a marketing ploy? Just throw his name on the show and make it seem like its his. Since he isn't the showrunner, what you see is going to be mostly Jon Steinberg's vision.

• 1 month later...

Sooo, Bay is just a marketing ploy? Just throw his name on the show and make it seem like its his. Since he isn't the showrunner, what you see is going to be mostly Jon Steinberg's vision.

Isn't that good? There are only so many explosions and lens flares that you can cram into a show before you have to tell an actual story. I want it to be more like The Crimson Pirate, less like Cutthroat Island.

Isn't that good? There are only so many explosions and lens flares that you can cram into a show before you have to tell an actual story. I want it to be more like The Crimson Pirate, less like Cutthroat Island.

As long as they aren't using his name to compensate for a lackluster story..

Just wait until they explode.

Yeah. that's going to be such a pitty. I think that would be the only moment that I'd shed a tear while watching :p

• 1 month later...

Just watched the first episode of this. 
HOLY CRAP ITS GOOD

Im just gunna put it out there - Game of Thrones contender people, this show is THAT GOOD.

• Like 2

HOLY CRAP ITS GOOD

Im just gunna put it out there - Game of Thrones contender people, this show is THAT GOOD.

Hmm let's not exagerate.. =P

"Oooh it's got an Aussie actor playing one of the main characters. Surely the channels are racing to get the show premiered here"

*looks all over the internet for a premier date. finds nothing*

*rages*

HOLY CRAP ITS GOOD

Calm down! :p

"Oooh it's got an Aussie actor playing one of the main characters. Surely the channels are racing to get the show premiered here"

*looks all over the internet for a premier date. finds nothing*

*rages*

A lot of aussies leading men/women actors on tv shows;

I liked the first ep but with so many "main" characters I don't know how it'll go, besides I expect people to die at some point.

Good so far, but I really wish they would focus more on the action and less on the politicking. There's enough of that in GoT. Less politics and more pirate action and this will be better than GoT.

A lot of aussies leading men/women actors on tv shows;

True, but you'd think that the channels would be all over this one, with it debuting so close to Australia Day :P

I'm just rather p'd off that once again, I have to resort to.. um.. you know, the topic of the series itself. Arrr!

• 1 month later...

Here's the thread about it. I've watched and enjoyed the pilot but currently has no time to watch the rest of the episodes. I might spend a weekend binge-watching this and True Detective :P