Starz Orders New Michael Bay Series "Black Sails"

The show kind of lost me. A show about pirates involves more politicing than pirating. Maybe it'll get better towards the end of the season but the first five episodes were kind of boring.

The show kind of lost me. A show about pirates involves more politicing than pirating. Maybe it'll get better towards the end of the season but the first five episodes were kind of boring.

Yeah I watched 2 episodes and gave up

• 6 months later...

If Starz is going to do more series, either bring us season 2 of Camelot or more Spartacus.. both were very good shows that got the axe for no real apparent reason

• 2 weeks later...

?Black Sails? cast discusses what?s to come in season 2 with Hypable

Executive Producer Jonathan E. Steinberg teased that on Black Sails season 2 fans will get to see a deeper understanding of the world that the pirates are living in. ?We wanted to really dig into them and kind of understand how they see themselves,? He says. ?It?s a weird moment in history where there are these people who are fully outside of civilization but still rooted in it. That does something to you. It forces you to ask questions I think that are relevant, what am I and how do I fit in??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_BUE6b1jtU

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

episode 1, a steady pilot   :)

some flashback - Captain Flint was Lt. James McGraw 10 years ago. Mrs. Barlow was Mrs. Hamilton, it was Mrs. Barlow words that made him an ambitious man of what he's now  

(N)

Captain Flint & John Silver, with their selfish needs that won

episode 2, it was really easy for Flint vs Dufrene & DaGroot :D

Billy Bones survived would be interesting

:cool:  

expect Eleanor & Captain Vane vs Captain Low in future episodes (Y) 

Jack Rackham plotting to be captain or will he be back with Captain Vane or linking to Ned Low as Max had dealing with him :hmmm: 

This show is actually really good.  I was afraid it would be canned after the first season.  I really do hope we get a few more seasons out of it.

how does it compare to vikings, da vinci demon's or other historical action (or fiction like game of thrones)?

i am trying to decide to give a go to this or marco polo

how does it compare to vikings, da vinci demon's or other historical action?

Haven't watched the other shows.  But it's pretty good.  It's basically about pirates.. pirating.  Oh and lots of lesbian sex. But there is like a political element to it too which creates a decent storyline.

it was renewed upto season 3  :)

That's good.  Hope it keeps the momentum.  

how does it compare to vikings, da vinci demon's or other historical action?

I really recommend you watch Marco Polo. It was faaaar above what my expectations were. believe me.