Have I missed something?

http://www.neogamr.net/news/minecraft-creator-slams-eas-indie-bundle

Seriously, what have I missed? Valve publishes the same games on Steam and it's a-okay but when EA publishes them on Origin (direct competition for Steam) then its "EA is the ********* company in the world" all over again?

Whats going on, can someone please explain me?

As I see it then the creators of those indie games need all the money they can get, even if it means letting EA publish their games on Origin.

:/

as I see it most people don't want to have to install a complete other client that does the same thing as the one they already have just to play one or two games

it an unneeded redundancy thing in most peoples minds

and the fact that ea is REQUIRING it even if you buy a physical copy of the game (aka in principle it's no different than something installing crapware such as toolbars along with the installation of the program)

as I see it most people don't want to have to install a complete other client that does the same thing as the one they already have just to play one or two games

it an unneeded redundancy thing in most peoples minds

and the fact that ea is REQUIRING it even if you buy a physical copy of the game (aka in principle it's no different than something installing crapware such as toolbars along with the installation of the program)

So do most Steam games, whats the difference?

All in all, when we have competition in the client side I see it as a good thing not a bad one, maybe Notch is just mad because EA didn't publish Minecraft? :rofl:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't there games which require the installation of the Steam client even if you buy the physical copy?

Yes, having to have Origin as well as Steam installed does create redundancy. However, is it really worth making a huge fuss over like some folks here do? No. Either live with it or don't buy EA games at all.. simple as that.

The only problem having both installed is the HDD space, they are both startup programs in default and most just play with shortcut icons anyway.

And yes, at least the newer COD games require Steam to be installed or if you don't have it the game will install it anyway.

You'd think people didn't know the difference between EA Partners and EA heh. I think Notch is just having a kneejerk reaction and should feel ashamed of himself.

The only reason Origin even exists on my pc is for BF3.

The only reason Steam was on my PC at first was Counter-Strike, whats your point?

I wonder how many people who complain about having to install origin for games have multiple web browsers on their computer. Or media players. Or an email clients. Or instant messengers. The list of redundant software we keep on our computers is endless, yet we'll nitpick this one time because EA is involved.

For me, I buy games where they are cheaper. If that is through origin then fantastic. If it's through Steam, also great. I don't really see it as that much of a problem.

I also don't really get the issue with EA selling "indie" games. These games people... were made through the EA partnership program (only one I'm not sure of is Gatling Gears). If not for EA they probably wouldn't have been made at all.

Notch and all the rest of the people who are over reacting to this are idiots.

• Like 2

I wonder how many people who complain about having to install origin for games have multiple web browsers on their computer. Or media players. Or an email clients. Or instant messengers. The list of redundant software we keep on our computers is endless, yet we'll nitpick this one time because EA is involved.

For me, I buy games where they are cheaper. If that is through origin then fantastic. If it's through Steam, also great. I don't really see it as that much of a problem.

I also don't really get the issue with EA selling "indie" games. These games people... were made through the EA partnership program (only one I'm not sure of is Gatling Gears). If not for EA they probably wouldn't have been made at all.

Notch and all the rest of the people who are over reacting to this are idiots.

Best explenation so far, thank you :)

Best explenation so far, thank you :)

I should clarify that they probably wouldn't have pc ports if not for EA. The developers of most of those games created them for consoles first and with the help of EA they were brought to the pc. Which is ironic because EAs help gave the developers the chance to put those games on Steam.

Whatever the case, it's just the same old nonsense we always hear whenever EA is involved. It's EA, so they are obviously up to no good.

In this case I doubt the games even require Origin to be running, unlike Steam. None of the games in my Origin account need the client running. It's just a storefront/download manager.

The short version is people just hate on EA because it's EA.

In this case I doubt the games even require Origin to be running, unlike Steam. None of the games in my Origin account need the client running. It's just a storefront/download manager.

The short version is people just hate on EA because it's EA.

Gatling Gears requires Origin to be running, but another game, Batman: Arkham City, I've also bought through Origin does not.

tragedy called it, i was against the idea of Origin last year, but got over it. i don't mean complaining about it isn't valid, it's fine to have that opinion, i just think it's a waste of time personally to worry about this. I only have BF3 and Syndicate on Origin, nothing will dethrone Steam from dominating my PC gaming, so what's the problem? and even if it did, it's still gaming, something i do to relax when i can. no need to get all wound up by it.

Aside from the redundancy in needing ANOTHER digital store app(which only came about due to ea throwing a pathetic little fit), another reason why people may not like origin is cause it's quite noticeably inferior to steam in what it does.

Aside from the redundancy in needing ANOTHER digital store app(which only came about due to ea throwing a pathetic little fit), another reason why people may not like origin is cause it's quite noticeably inferior to steam in what it does.

You could just as easily call it Valve throwing a pathetic little fit, considering they were happy to sell Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 2 to people before they changed their terms.