"The Evil Dead" Remake

Except this time around, it does seem like it's going to be a real horror movie, in the sense that the black humour seems to be gone.

The OG Evil Dead was just horror, number two introduced the humour.

Edit: Sorry should have been more clear and quicker... this is more accurate...

You are correct sort of. The first was a straight horror, but had plenty of "dark humor" in it to make some parts funny. The sequels went straight on comedy horror.

But, was it well known that the second one is just a remake of the first with more budget? Because, both story are quite the same.... I seem to remember M. Raimi telling that he wanted to redo it with more money.

I don't want a remake of Army of the Dead... but I would really dig a movie that had what it had. Horror, comedy, and just the all out theme of it. We really do lack unique movies such as those.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was sceptic when I first heard about it but the last couple of trailers/teasers and the posters have brought me around. IT looks great and glad it's keeping true to the original.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

TREE RAPE TREE RAPEEEEEEEEE. Also, I expect a lot of bodily fluids to be regurgitated into other peoples mouths from demon infected peoples.

It'd be so awesome if this wound up rated NC-17. I know that's more or less a death sentence for any movie, and the production company wouldn't let it go to print like that probably, but hey it'd be awesome.

I'll give it a go, actually looks alright. This, Carrie, ST:Into Darkness and Kick Ass 2 coming this year.. good times :D (bet I missed something else I want to see).

After all the comments from viewers that saw it at SXSW, I can't wait to see it. I just hope all the vile bits weren't shown in the Red Band trailer.