where is Myrealbox.com?

What happened to myrealbox mail server? It served me for 1.5 year through webmail, pop3, imap, even wap and now I can't access it. Their page is missing as well. (was: http://www.myrealbox.com, mail.myrealbox.com and wap.myrealbox.com).

No word from Novell who owned myrealbox, and the support team set the autoreply to send a general FAQ message like "Please check if your question, comment or concern is covered in our regularily updated "Help & FAQ" section located at http://www.myrealbox.com or if it is answered earlier in this message." and never replied to what happened to the mail service.

Interesting, it appears as if novell has banned all access from Virgin Net IP addresses. I changed internet provider, got virgin net and I can't check my e-mails or enter their site. All I get is this: (attached image)

It was Novell's policy to ban any address or company that send spam to their mail server. Maybe Virgin was one of those companies.

post-7-1066020885.png

Tracert results: I get some "Missing reverse DNS entries", it reaches destination after 11 hops but IE6.0 gives me the message I attached before, and Opera says "Could not connect to remote server".

Redmondian, I used it because it has 10MB limit, no spam, pop3 and imap and web-mail, and I could check my e-mails using my mobile phone's mail client.

JimmyT - where in Lancs are you? You can't be too far from me.

If your tracert looks okay then you could be right. You could just be denied access. I'd wait and see if it comes back online tomorrow. These things have a habit of sorting themselves out. You might also want to put a post on Virgin's newsgroups asking if other Virgin users are having similar problems.

Works here, but I when someone sends me an email there, it rejects back...strange...

and the deleted message still somehow show in my inbox with a cross mark on the letter logo :rolleyes: