Kick Ass 2 Films This Summer For Release Next May

PTdjx.jpg

There?s some talk of Kick Ass 2 coming our way, and for once, it?s not Mark Millar doing the talking.

John Romita Jr., the illustrator of the comic books, has been attempting a World Record signing session in Vegas this morning, and it?s being broadcast to the world via UStream ? we?re streaming it at the foot of this post. A Little Bleeder has not only been tuned in watching and listening, he got to ask Romita a question through Facebook.

And like the rest of the world, he wanted to know what?s going on with the plans for the Kick Ass 2 movie.

Now, this is the big surprise: Romita said that the deals have just been done and production will press ahead this Summer on the shoot, ready for a release date next May.

Chloe Moretz will be busy shooting Carrie from the start of June, and is looking to fit The Devil and the Deep Blue Sea onto her calendar somewhere this year. This doesn?t mean she won?t, or can?t be in Kick Ass 2 ? if they back-end her stuff, for example, she could join them at some point in August, if not even later. It depends on the size of her role in the screen version of the story, amongst many other factors.

But perhaps she won?t be in the film. Perhaps the new director and co-writer won?t be the only fresh blood. Perhaps Chloe is now too old to play Hit Girl anyway?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/06/john-romita-jr-says-kick-ass-films-summer-for-release-next-may-hopes-direct-animated-segment/

• 1 month later...

This will be AWESOME! I have the Kick Ass 2 comics and if it follows that, the movie will be just as awesome as the first!

KICK_ASS_2_Balls_to_the_Wall_by_reservoiredwolf.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2012/07/17/christopher-mintz-plasse-kick-ass-2-rating/

Christopher Mintz-Plasse: 'Kick-Ass 2' Will Be 'Rated X'

Ever since Jeff Wadlow came on board as director on "Kick-Ass 2," the long-anticipated sequel has seemed like it's actually, finally in a "great place." The plan seems to be for the movie to film this year with the main stars returning, so when we caught up with Christopher Mintz-Plasse while he was promoting "Paranorman" at Comic-Con, we couldn't resist asking for an update on the project.

"Things are looking good," he told MTV News. "It's looking good. That's what we can say. It's looking good. It's looking hopeful."

If you thought "Kick-Ass" was violent and crude, then just wait until you find out about some of the terrible things that occur during the events of "Hit-Girl" and "Kick-Ass 2." Mintz-Plasse wasn't quite sure what would or would not make it from the pages of the comic books to the big screen, but expects that most of it will not be for younger audiences.

"My character in this movie is called Red Mist, and in this movie it's The Motherf-er. And there's a lot of blood and a lot of murdering," he teased.

We asked whether he's looking forward to the infamous dog murder scene that occurs in "Kick-Ass 2," and his reaction was immediately, "That's horrible!" Mintz-Plasse clarified that he'd do whatever it takes for the sake of the film, though.

"If I'm playing my character, you know, it's got to happen. But I don't know if that's going to be in the movie specifically," he said. When we told him Mark Millar said it would, he said, "['Kick-Ass 2' is] going to be rated X. NC-17."

I wouldn't doubt it gets rated NC-17. But in the end, they are going to cut it up and get it to an R rating. NC-17 is the death knell for movies sadly. Most theater chains here in the US (and I assume elsewhere around the world) just don't show NC-17/X/whatever rating unless it's at like, 11 PM and only on weekends. Still, R or NC-17 it's gonna be violent as hell and lotsa cursing for sure.

Also, it won't be so awkward to see Hit Girl cursing like a storm this time around cuz she's older now and like, it's not a shock anymore :D

I wouldn't doubt it gets rated NC-17. But in the end, they are going to cut it up and get it to an R rating. NC-17 is the death knell for movies sadly. Most theater chains here in the US (and I assume elsewhere around the world) just don't show NC-17/X/whatever rating unless it's at like, 11 PM and only on weekends. Still, R or NC-17 it's gonna be violent as hell and lotsa cursing for sure.

Also, it won't be so awkward to see Hit Girl cursing like a storm this time around cuz she's older now and like, it's not a shock anymore :D

It is the same here in Australia. We have draconian laws when it comes to cinema (and videogames) but we did get Kick Ass when it was released here.

Im looking forward to the movie thou, I read the Kick Ass 2 comic and it's just as good as the original movie, WAY more violent as well. And Hit-Girl is once again the star of the show :)

What really surprised me about kickass was how good Nicholas Cage was. I mean that man could have totally DESTROYED the movie. But I LOVED his character. He was a total bad ass. He made batman look like a *****!

• Like 1

What really surprised me about kickass was how good Nicholas Cage was. I mean that man could have totally DESTROYED the movie. But I LOVED his character. He was a total bad ass. He made batman look like a *****!

Same here. Really enjoyed his role.

Looking forward to this, first one was awesome. And not too worried about theatrical release rating...the Blu-Ray will be uncut for sure.

Yeah his role was funny and awesome!

With Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall set to shoot this September, casting agents are on the search to fill out the sequel's new cast of characters. Kick-Ass stars Chlo? Grace Moretz, Aaron Johnson and Christopher Mintz-Plasse have entered into negotiations to reprise their roles as Hit Girl, Kick-Ass, and Red Mist respectively. But in the second book of Mark Millar's gruesome graphic novels, the less than impressive villain Red Mist steps up his game, becoming the far more menacing **********er. Part of his new image is a brawny bodyguard known as Mother Russia, and Moviehole has unearthed casting specs that reveal this combative comrade will be making an appearance in Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall.

kick_ass_2_32012.jpg

Of course, as you can see in the images above, Mother Russia is an exceptionally large lady. So, casting her could prove a tall order. The rundown circulating right now declares casting directors are searching for an ?extremely tall, large, fit? woman somewhere between 25 to 40 years old, and describe the character as:

"Classic Villain. An ex-KBG officer who is now being paid by the week by Chris to fight in his group ? she is easily the most skilled and just a ruthless killer in general. Described as a ?roided-out female bodybuilder, she needs to be extremely physically imposing and muscular, though still come across as feminine. As tall as possible (6ft and over only). Indicate height on submission.?

Since being tall in Hollywood can be a liability for leading ladies (it?s feared they make short male stars look less imposing/impressive), it'll be interesting to see who will go out for Mother Russia. The top of my list would be Gwendoline Christie, who plays the mighty female knight Brienne of Tarth on Game of Thrones. While she's made up to be pretty brutish on the series, shots of Christie out of costume show she's not only big, she's incredibly beautiful.

Another hard heroine who could offer a powerful punch is professional mixed martial artist turned action star Gina Carano, who dazzled critics with her raw bravada in Steven Soderbergh's gritty thriller Haywire. However, as a slightly less conventional?and dare I say ballsy?choice, I'd suggest hard-rockin' frontwoman of the band Storm and the Balls, Storm Large. She's 6 foot tall, and is a badass ass-kicker of the first degree, famously not taking **** from anyone?not even Tommy Lee on the reality competition Rock Star: Supernova. Basically, casting Mother Russia is a unique opportunity to give a less conventionally beautiful and more muscular actress a shot at stardom, and I'm genuinely hoping director Jeff Wadlow takes this chance to go big, bold and badass!

Sauce: http://www.cinemable...ssia-32012.html

A sequel to the baroque superhero adventure Kick-Ass had long seemed a fevered dream of the comic's creator Mark Millar, who has developed a notoriety for leaking "news" that is either conjecture or wishful thinking. So when Millar declared that Kick-Ass 2 would go into production this summer, we were a bit leery. However, with The Avengers showing there's still a serious love of superhero features among moviegoers, all the studios are looking to capitalize, and so Universal is moving forward on Kick-Ass 2 with Cry_Wolf helmer Jeff Wadlow usurping Kick-Ass director Matthew Vaughn, who is too busy developing X-Men: First Class 2 to return. Nonetheless, Vaughn will help produce the sequel, which is slated to shoot in London this September.

hitgirl2.jpg

Comic Book Movie uncovered these and more details on Kick-Ass 2 while attending a panel discussion that included Wadlow, who gamely answered questions about the upcoming adventure. The writer-director revealed he penned the screenplay over the holidays, and sought to find a place where the first movie and the second graphic novel intersect. Like its precursor, Kick-Ass 2 will take some departures from its source material, Millar's comic of the same name, as Wadlow explains:

"I think the most important thing that's gonna' change from the Kick-Ass 2 comic to Kick-Ass 2 the movie was just really finding an emotional story to tell. Because what I certainly loved about the first film, and what I think elevated it above most comic book adaptations, is the heart and the emotion in the film. It was sort of my challenge as the filmmaker and storyteller to find something as emotional in the second film and I think we have some stuff that people are gonna' really respond to."

As to specifics, he hopes to play up Hit Girl's part, despite the fact that her story is "sidelined" in Millar's second book. As she gives up her superhero alter-ego in the comic, its story instead focuses on Kick-Ass and Red Mist's evolution to the **********er, a more vicious villainous incarnation. However, this approach may be problematic, as Moretz hasn't yet signed on to the sequel, though Wadlow says the two have met, she's read the script and is by his estimation, "very excited about what we're doing with Hit-Girl."

Kick-Ass stars Aaron Johnson and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are also said to be in talks, but it seems far more likely they'd be game to reprise their roles as their careers haven't exactly blown up as Moretz's has. Since her brazen breakthrough with pint-sized and foul-mouthed Hit Girl, the starlet delighted horror fans with Let Me In, and dazzled critics with Hugo. However, her most recent efforts aren?t faring so well. Dark Shadows tanked its opening weekend, accruing only $29 million, which smarts with a bloated budget of $150 mil. Plus this batty comedy?as well as the gritty coming-of-age tale Hick?were generally panned by critics. Could this urge her to return to the role that first won her such good will? Let's hope so, both because her upcoming Carrie remake is a risky venture, and because Kick-Ass 2 wouldn't be nearly as hard-hitting without her.

Sauce: http://lulzyunicorms.blogspot.com.au/2010/11/hit-girl-chloe-moretz.html?zx=fed0fcd9e8114edb

• 2 weeks later...
John Leguizamo has reportedly joined the cast of Kick-Ass 2.

The actor, who most recently appeared in the pilot for a US remake of Only Fools and Horses, will star alongside returning cast Aaron Johnson, Chlo? Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse in the sequel.

Deadline reports that Leguizamo will play a bodyguard assigned to protect Mintz-Plasse's villainous Red Mist.

Nicolas Cage will also reprise his role in Kick-Ass 2, which will be helmed by writer-director Jeff Wadlow and will shoot this autumn.

[x]

Chloe's signed on?!!!

excited.gif ( <--- still requesting that emotion be added to the official ones on the site)

Jumpingaround.gif

JF5sV.jpg

Donald Faison is in negotiations to play Dr. Gravity in Kick-Ass 2.

Dr. Gravity is a member of Forever Justice, a superhero team created by Kick-Ass. He claims to be a Columbia physics professor who moonlights as a superhero. His weapon of choice? A ?gravity pole? that bends the rules of physics when used against enemies.

In reality, he?s just a nobody who carries around a tinfoil-covered baseball bat.

Faison is best known for playing Zach Braff?s BFF on the long-running series Scrubs. For those 90s babies out there, you recognize him as Murray from Clueless. ?Woman, lend me fi? dollars!?

?Kick-Ass 2? starts principal photography next month. According to the film?s Facebook page, the movie will get a 2013 release.

Faison joins the returning cast of Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Nicolas Cage. He won?t be the only new face on campus ? John Leguizamo is climbing aboard, too.

http://latino-review.com/2012/08/08/kick-ass-2-inducts-donald-faison-justice/

butler-kick.jpg

Yancy Butler, who played Angie D'Amico, the mother of Christopher Mintz-Plasse's Red Mist in the original Kick-Ass, will return for the sequel, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

Adapting the Mark Millar and John Romita, Jr. comic, the sequel will be directed by Never Back Down helmer Jeff Wadlow and will feature a script by Matthew Vaughn.

A September start is being eyed for the film, which will have Mintz-Plasse, Aaron Johnson and Chloe Moretz reprising their roles along with new parts for John Leguizamo and Donald Faison.

Butler is well-known to comic book fans outside of Kick-Ass. She starred as cop-turned-superhero Sara Pezzini in the short-lived "Witchblade" television series.

Sauce: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93480

"Somehow I?m supposed to do Kick-Ass 2 this year," Lyndsy Fonseca told IGN Movies at the San Diego Comic-Con last month. "I?m so excited, and I just pray that it all works out! I don?t know. They know that I?m on the show, so it?s not going to be a month of work because I can?t. I can?t do it. But I?ll at least be able to do something, which is very kind of them." As for her thoughts on the screenplay and director Jeff Wadlow, she added: "I read it. I think I read the latest draft -- I don?t think there?s been a new one -- and it was fantastic. It actually plays really well with how Chloe has grown up a little bit, but she?s not yet a young woman. I loved it. I think it?s really good. Jeff] seems incredibly nice though. He?s very excited, and I?m excited. Matthew [Vaughn]?s producing it, but I think it will be kind of cool to have a new point of view for the sequel."

As fans of the comic books will know, Katie and Kick-Ass never actually end up together in the Mark Millar and John Romita Jr. series. In the second volume, Red Mist/The Mother F*cker sends his goons to brutally rape her in a shocking attack on a neighbourhood which even sees children gunned down in the streets. While it was unlikely that that would ever make it into the big screen adaptation, the actress actually reveals that her role isn't a particularly large one. "She?s just in the beginning, so far. I?m just happy to be involved. She?s still the strange Katie ? somewhat girl next door but has strange, drug-addict boyfriends and works at the needle exchange. Very contradicting personality traits... It?s still that weird!"

Read more at http://www.comicbook...rygyHCKd8XmW.99

Can't wait to see all the new Apple products in this. I don't care about the story or actors, I just want more of the same gratuitous Apple product placement.

Kick-Ass 3 confirmed allready?!

As for scenes from the book, I can't really think of anything significant from Hit-Girl or Kick-Ass series that gets cut from the screenplay. There's a big scene at the end of Hit-Girl #5 that will probably go in the third movie, but otherwise it's as close an adaptation as the first.

MM

Sauce: http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?/topic/100997-the-big-kick-ass-2-movie-thread/#entry2449919