Kick Ass 2 Films This Summer For Release Next May

OOooooOOOOooo they be the guns for what is my favourite scenes in the comics!

Bloodshed galore is a-comin!

Mark Millar as revealed plot details for the upcoming Kick-Ass 3.

The series writer explained that the story will pick up three years after Kick-Ass 2, finding Hit-Girl in prison and Dave Lizewski destitute.

movies_mark_millar.jpgcomics_main_kick_ass_2_preview.jpg

"People who've read the comic will know that the second one ends on a cliffhanger. Hit-Girl's been arrested and she's in prison, Dave has lost his dad and he's kind of destitute," Millar told Digital Spy.

"The third one will be set two years later, and it's about where their lives are now, picking it up from there."

The Scottish scribe went on to say that costumed vigilantes have been outlawed following the events of Kick-Ass 2, but hinted that several of the characters in the book will continue their heroic pursuits underground.

"I used to love Marvel Comics where the cops were chasing superheroes, seeing them as menaces because they're not licensed in any way. So I kind of like the idea of bringing that back, because in reality there's no way a cop or a fireman is going to let a guy in a suit run into a building," he added.

"I like the idea that after they have stopped a mugging they have to run away for the police. That old-fashioned superhero thing."

Kick-Ass 3, which will bring the series to an end, will be released in 2013.

Sauce: http://www.digitalspy.com.au/comics/news/a382741/kick-ass-3-detailed-by-mark-millar.html

Official Sypnosis :

Kick-Ass, Hit Girl and Red Mist return for the follow-up to 2010?s irreverent global hit: Kick-Ass 2. After Kick-Ass? (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), our hero joins them on patrol. When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse)?reborn as The Mother F%&*^r?only the blade-wielding Hit Girl (Chloe Grace Moretz) can prevent their annihilation. When we last saw junior assassin Hit Girl and young vigilante Kick-Ass, they were trying to live as normal teenagers Mindy and Dave. With graduation looming and uncertain what to do, Dave decides to start the world?s first superhero team with Mindy.

Unfortunately, when Mindy is busted for sneaking out as Hit Girl, she?s forced to retire?leaving her to navigate the terrifying world of high-school mean girls on her own. With no one left to turn to, Dave joins forces with Justice Forever, run by a born-again ex-mobster named Colonel Stars and Stripes. Just as they start to make a real difference on the streets, the world?s first super villain, The Mother F%&*^r, assembles his own evil league and puts a plan in motion to make Kick-Ass and Hit Girl pay for what they did to his dad. But there?s only one problem with his scheme: If you mess with one member of Justice Forever, you mess with them all.

What I Did In My Half-Term Break - by Mark Millar

Shot down to England last week for some time on the Kick-Ass 2 set. Three of the days were press interviews, all embargoed until a few weeks before release, but the rest was just sitting around and drinking tea while superheroes beat the **** out of super-villains in the big finale (as you'll have read in the book). As a producer, I've been watching a lot of this in the dropbox as it happens, but nothing compares to seeing Mother Russia (in the flesh) pounding Hit-Girl in the face in what WE KNOW is going to win MTV's Best Fight Scene Award already.

I'm not kidding... this fight is unlike anything I've seen in cinema before. I'd watched the stunt team block it out a few weeks back, but this was astonishing. The movie is being edited as happens and so, at the halfway point in shooting, I have about 40 edited minutes to watch in the suite during lunch-breaks. Blown Away is an understatement. everything is working perfectly and Vaughn was correct when he told me to trust his judgement when he hand-picked Jeff Wadlow for this gig. This feels like the next chapter of something we all dug a great deal, incredibly consistent with what came before, but at the same time going a little darker and a lot bigger as Dave joins the team. You've hopefully all read the two sequel books (Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass 2) and if you haven't you're EXACTLY the kind of mofo I don't mind spoiling.

A real thrill for me was seeing so many of my Twitter followers on set and in costume as extras and seeing friends of mine who help moderate the forum here (Sanjay, Dr Mike and James D) get a chance to join me and my family for a day too. The sets look astonishing, but I'm six months too early to tell you precisely what I saw and the level of detail our genius production designer Russell went to with this thing. Pictures will be gradually released over the next few months and teasers should start to appear soon too. But I just wanted to say I am VERY happy with how this is going. Came home buzzing and feel like something nobody has ever seen before is out next Summer. Chris Mintz-Plasse, by the way, is going to go MASSIVE after this. It's the big thing people are saying when they watch the rushes. We love him already, but his acting has just had an evolutionary leap here and we're now seeing him do stuff he's never done before. That's all I'm saying, but you're going to be impressed.

What else? Oh, I met Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad on a tea-break between shots. He was hanging about with my fave guy from the movie, Clark Duke, and I was talking to him for 10 seconds before I realised it was Jesse Pinkman. It always sounds so massively insincere when you say someone's thing is your favourite, but in this case it's true. I've watched less than 10 TV shows in the last 10 years and Breaking Bad is bigger than Sopranos and The Wire for me. Could not love it more. He was shooting a movie next door and we chatted for a bit. Super-nice guy and not the gun-packing, wasted crack-head I was secretly expecting him to be after 5 seasons of the show!

One weird thing is that everybody's had babies since we all last worked together. Aaron's had two, I've had one and the production team now resembles a creche. Someone screaming **** THAT ****ER UP, etc, and swinging a weapon around as your 11 month old coos into the monitor, excited by all the colours, is a strange thing to watch. But she loved it. I had her watching Inglorious Basterds at 7 weeks (when she was up in the middle of the night) so she's well-equipped to handle anything.

I'm going to nip back down a couple more times, but so different to last time now in that I'm helping prep three other Millarworld movies at the moment (two you should hear about in next week or two) for late Spring shoots and so home again and writing. Also writing up lots of Fox plans right now and brain barely keeping tabs on all the various, genuinely thrilling things coming up from that line of movies over the next 2-3 years. So I'd better get back to work, but just wanted to give you all a wee progress report and let you know that Kick-Ass 2 could not be going more beautifully. The Hit-Girl series has issue 4 coming next week, I think, and Kick-Ass 2 hardcover is available now, if anybody wants a little peek at what you're all going to be watching next summer.

Oh, before I go. What's the chances of this? Nacho Vigalondo texted me at 1.40 when I was in Pinewood and saying he was in town for another 50 minutes if I was anywhere in England. AND I WAS. So we shot into Victoria in 40 mins and got 11 mins with the great man. We literally didn't have enough time to even ORDER a drink, but it gave me a chance to talk to the last man in Spain who is not owned by Germany and it was great catching up. Love that dude!

Okay, work to do. Better split. Just wanting to give you an update.

Lotsa love,

MM

PS Supercrooks hardcover is out this Wednesday from myself and Filipino sex-pot Leinil Francis Yu. DO NOT MISS!!

Sauce: http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?/topic/101811-report-millar-just-back-from-kick-ass-2-set/

• 2 weeks later...

article-0-15E5B67B000005DC-377_634x773.jpg

article-0-15E5B766000005DC-428_634x707.jpg

article-0-15E5C89A000005DC-64_634x730.jpg

article-0-15E5B70C000005DC-337_634x654.jpg

She played insanely tough 11-year-old superhero Hit Girl in 2010 cult favourite Kick-Ass.

And Chloe Moretz was certainly living up to her characters name as she dished out a beating to some goons as they filmed a fight scene for the much anticipated sequel in London on Wednesday.

She looked as formidable as ever as she twirled her nunchucks around as she fought off a couple of goons in the exciting action sequence.

And while the 15-year-old is a few years older than when she starred in the first film, she was instantly recognisable in her superhero outfit.

The Hugo star had donned her character's trademark purple wig and eye mask as she tussled with the stuntmen for the cameras.

And while her character is supposed to be adjusting to life as a normal girl following the events of the first film, it seems this is ultimately unsuccessful if the pictures are anything to go by.

Scottish comics writer Mark Millar wrote the comic that is the basis for the new sequel, which is written and directed by Jeff Wadlow and co-produced by the first film's maker Matthew Vaughn.

A big name addition to the cast is Jim Carrey, who will be playing a character named Colonel Stars and Stripes.

If it closely follows the plot of the comic, the celluloid version will document Kick-Ass's attempts to to form a team of real life superheroes so he can defeat his arch-rival The Red Mist; who gathering a team of supervillains of his own to finally defeat both Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl.

English actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson, 22, will be reprising his role as the film's titular character in the eagerly awaited movie, which is scheduled to be released in July 2013.

Sauce: http://www.dailymail...o=feeds-newsxml