OS X 10.7.4

Apple Releases OS X 10.7.4

10_7_4.jpg

Apple today released OS X 10.7.4, the fourth maintenance update to OS X Lion. The update is currently available via Software Update and should appear on Apple's download pages soon.

The 10.7.4 update is recommended for all OS X Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac including fixes that:

- Resolve an issue where the ?Reopen windows when logging back in? setting is always enabled

- Improve compatibility with certain British third-party USB keyboards

- Address an issue that may prevent files from being saved to a
server

- Improve the reliability of copying files to an SMB server

Detailed information is available in the full release notes.

Source: Mac Rumors

- Resolve an issue where the ?Reopen windows when logging back in? setting is always enabled

Don't tell me we're going to pretend that was "an issue" rather than something Apple did themselves by design? If it's truly a bug the company would have fixed it in v10.7.1. That said I'm pleasantly surprised they actually changed it rather than letting people upgrade to OS X Mountain Lion for this new capability.

Resolve an issue where the ?Reopen windows when logging back in? setting is always enabled

Well that took long enough.

Anyone know if the SMB fix they mention will fix the bug with sharing NTFS drives?

I've had to install Samba to get around it which although is quite easy it isn't ideal for some basic functionality

Great!

I've not gone into it yet, but Safari definitely feels snappier.

Edited by Neobond
malware alert from linked image
  • Like 2

Resolve an issue where the ?Reopen windows when logging back in? setting is always enabled

Thank God for this :)

Running smoothly on both my hacks

post-335232-0-07161100-1336660017.png

post-335232-0-26906800-1336660251.png

Apple Tweaking More Icons, Upgrading to HiDPI Sizes in OS X 10.7.4

Apple is continuing the process of preparing OS X Lion for Macs offering ultra high-resolution "HiDPI" screens, upgrading several application icons to higher resolutions in yesterday's public release of OS X 10.7.4.

AppleInsider pointed to TextEdit as one example, with Apple having upgraded its icon's previous maximum size of 512x512 under OS X 10.7.3 to 1024x1024 in OS X 10.7.4. But the larger image 1024x1024 is also listed as measuring at 512x512 points, indicating that it is indeed being targeted for screens measuring at double the resolution of current displays in each dimension.

TextEdit is not the only application to see an upgrade, however, as Automator has not only seen new HiDPI icons appear in OS X 10.7.4, but the icon itself has also undergone some tweaking. In OS X 10.7.4, the Automator robot has taken on a somewhat darker tone, with the glossiness being toned down and the previously silver arms, legs, and pipe now appearing black. The tweaked design had previously surfaced in developer previews of OS X Mountain Lion, but is now included in OS X Lion.

automator_icon_comparison.jpg

Automator icon in OS X 10.7.3 (left) and OS X 10.7.4 (right)

More at: Macrumors

Source: AppleInsider

The blue halo on the head looks Windows-ish, I don?t like it. Other parts are more easy to distinguish on the robot though.

So while we?re at it, could it be the last major update to Lion ?

The blue halo on the head looks Windows-ish, I don?t like it. Other parts are more easy to distinguish on the robot though.

Hopefully not... My MacBook won't be able to run Mountain Lion :(

I doubt it. I'd say it still has a couple more updates in it. Mountain Lion isn't even out yet.

OS X 10.7.4 includes Safari 5.1.6 which then allows 5.1.7 to be installed from SU, which I think was released the same day.

I have moved over to Mountain Lion DP3 + Update

So much happy with snappy Intel HD graphics with scrolling and general animations. 10.7 can Kiss my A.

If you get any chance to try ML then by all means give it a spin. You will hate Lion even more.

It looks a bit too sharp compared to the rest of the head.

I think we might see v10.7.5 but that's about it, unless some huge issue survives.