iPhone captures ghostly bartender

Spooked pub-goers claim to have pictured the spirit they say has been haunting their local ale-house for years.

Regulars at the Apsley House in Southsea, Hants, say a generous ghoul, believed to be the ghost of a former barman, keeps topping up their drinks.

And at a recent retirement party for one of the staff, Paul Morgan finally photographed the mysterious phantom.

Father-of-four Paul, 47, who was snapping friend Gerry Goodwin, said: 'I was taking lots of photos with my iPhone because it was a fancy dress-themed party.

'I took a few of a group of friends and it was once I looked at them a while later I noticed something strange in the background.

'I took two shots in a matter of seconds. You can't see anything strange in the first, then a face appears in the next.

'It is very weird. I showed my kids and they couldn't believe it. There was no one near at the time.'

Married Mr Morgan, a regular for the popular pub's darts side, said none of the regulars have been put off going in for a drink after seeing the spooky snap.

Plumbing engineer Paul added: 'The ghost is famous round here now and the pub wouldn't be the same without him.'

Landlord Paul Wicks added they had nicknamed their ghostly regular Reedy - after actor and legendary drinker Oliver Reed. He has worked at the 1960s pub, formerly a Victorian girls' school, for 13 years.

Mr Wicks, 51, said: 'People say they have seen the ghost at the bar and that they feel things - cold spots things like that. I am a sceptic but can't see any rhyme or reason for what is in that photo.'

source

post-37120-0-97518500-1337110798.jpg

That's a persons 2 hands. Think they must still be drunk if they think that's a ghost.

I see two hands. Why? Because there are two hands there. I've tried looking at it from a distance, looking closely, and just glancing it as well as looking normally at it. All it has achieved is making me look stupid, and certain they're hands.

That's a persons 2 hands. Think they must still be drunk if they think that's a ghost.

This right there, I don't know how it managed to spread online really :/