Games in Win2k3

blackice912

I'd say there is no love in this thread and much hate.

Please close it...think of the children!

post-77-1066563542.gif

PF Prophet

considering i live less then 20min from intel in portland oregon and have relitives in belview washinton who work for ms

oh and even a cuz who works for nvidia (duno how that heppened hes a a dork)

and why in the hell would anybody want you to move here we have enought of are owen ********s around without importing more

oh and if i knew gwb i would shoot him ;)

blackice912
considering i live less then 20min from intel in portland oregon and have relitives in belview washinton who work for ms

oh and even a cuz who works for nvidia (duno how that heppened hes a a dork)

and why in the hell would anybody want you to move here we have enought of are owen ********s around without importing more

oh and if i knew gwb i would shoot him ;)

If that isn't a "ban me!" post, then I don't know what is.

You're clearly breaking Neowin rules.

Glowstick

Why ban him for something noone understands? I'm still trying to decipher that part:

DOCa Cola

thats a discussion forum, pf prophet has another point of view

- he shouldn't use rude words

- u shouldn't criticize him about his way of writing :) i am from germany and even i understood what he means

so please calm down everybody

DOCa Cola

Got3n

I use 2k3 for all my workstation needs, its fast and reliable, and plays all my games fine. I have not had one problem, except that it does not work with bluetooth out of the box. other than that, sure play games on it, but you will have to do some tweaking to get it to work.

Endoscient

wow... every thead in here that isn't directly about server functions gets trolled and flame like there is no tomorrow.

every1 presumes that if you aren't using it as a server you got it illegally, and then start to flame you for getting it illegeally and not using it as a server.

repeat with me, there is nothing wrong with using windows server 2003 for non server activities. if you do it doesnt mean that it was gotten illegally.

now stop trolling

Got3n

I use it for a server. but i also use another machine as a client. i dont know why people get mad if you use it as a client. big f'ing deal.

Z3r0

Well, I may be wrong as I'm not a Microsoft Guru but,

When Whistler was being developed, they made Home, Pro and Server editions, the home/pro became XP and the Server edition has become 2k3, they are the same product with more services enabled and directx/video/sound disabled as default, 2k3 may even be more secure/faster as it contains a lot of XPs bug fixes.

If it wasn't so much hassle turning 2k3 server into a gaming OS then I would use it.

Furthermore when build #3790 (final) came out, I did do a benchmark using 3dmark (different editions) and the results are the same as XP Pro, contrary to what I would have expected considering the better memory management.

Koto
i dont know why people get mad if you use it as a client. big f'ing deal.

Yeah, really. Someone asking how to get a game to work on Windows 2003 is like ****ing blasphemy or something here.

SunnyB
Bottom line for me is, if you have to ask how to make a server work, maybe you shouldn't be playing with one.

That's funny. :laugh:

Can the same statement be used in regards to women?

I haven't been able to figure out why women are the way they are but I still like playing with them! :)

Q: Why can't I play games on women? :unsure:

A: Everybody knows women are supposed to be used as servers. :woot:

hahahahaha

PF Prophet

Bottom line for me is, if you have to ask how to make a server work, maybe you shouldn't be playing with one.

That's funny. :laugh:

Can the same statement be used in regards to women?

I haven't been able to figure out why women are the way they are but I still like playing with them! :)

Q: Why can't I play games on women? :unsure:

A: Everybody knows women are supposed to be used as servers. :woot:

hahahahaha

ROFLMFAO thats grate i would never have thought to use that annology perfect LOL

wow a german can understand what i say yet so menny others who claim to be fluint in englich cant :rolleyes:

like i said b4 they just need to make a sepret sub setion for those that arent using it strictly as a server

oh and all the "work" it takes to play games on it HA HA funny all u have to do is install dx9 then enable graphix accell

use the win2k3 optomizer app to enable anything else u need quickest way to enable sound is just to start the service and set it to auto(no reboot needed)

the time it takes to config/optomize xp is far more then i EVER spent getting 2k3 setup to game

even when i was new and didnt know what i was doing it didnt take more then 10 min to get it all taken care of

and with win2k3 optomizer well it takes like 2 min tops :)

http://www.hot.ee/salasource for the little app that makes this all so easy :D nothing else needed this will let u get everything u need

cheers

Statikk
oh and those same admin tools shortcuts are avalable in xp if u knew what u where talking about

Yea the same admin tools are available as a seperate installation for xp but they aren't installed by default and they don't even come with the operating system. The services that they control are also no where to be found on your xp box. Just because you install the admin tools on an xp system and you have a link in the admin tools folder to DNS or WINS doesn't mean that you actually have the services on the machine. They're just the snap ins for the console so that you can manage your server from another machine. So yea Win 2003 comes way more bloated with stuff that is not used for gaming than XP does. I still can't figure out wtf you were trying to say to Tom Servo but I'm sure it wasn't nice so you probably shouldn't say it. ;)

Statikk
wow a german can understand what i say yet so menny others who claim to be fluint in englich cant :rolleyes:

That was a far cry from english my friend. I hope you don't plan on following in the footsteps of the people you claim to know at MS/Intel/Nvidia...

PF Prophet

funny the xp disk i had installs the services without me needing to install anything manualy :/ strange

and i dont call the little bit of stuff bloat becouse i may acctuly deside to use it but things like ms movie maker i wouldnt use for anything

i dont use thiems anymore i like the clean feel of 2k style interface :)

Statikk
funny the xp disk i had installs the services  without me needing to install anything manualy  :/ strange

and i dont call the little bit of stuff bloat becouse i may acctuly deside to use it  but things like ms movie maker  i wouldnt use for anything

i dont use thiems anymore  i like the clean feel of 2k style interface :)

OK you win. No sense trying to make a point when the person you're trying to explain things to has no ability to read and comprehend.

PF Prophet

oh i get it your using HOME that makes sence its cut down

Joel
funny the xp disk i had installs the services without me needing to install anything manualy :/ strange

Your CD of XP has a WINS server, DHCP Server and a DNS Server? What uber-l33t version did you warez?

Glowstick

Windows XP Idiot Edition w/ built-in Misspeller!

Oblivion

so it's confirmed that 2K3 isn't meant to be playing games on ;)

Jason

YES

Statikk
oh i get it your using HOME that makes sence its cut down

:no: /me shakes head in disgust and walks away

~phoenix~

Hmm the only thing that is confirmed is that some people have some strange sence of humour who needs anyway to use it in a daily basis and then they will see that the world isnt so bad as they thought and there is a plenty of love around...

sometimes a walk on the mountains or a little trip to see the sunset colours makes u to want to close in your arms all the people of the world to saw them how much love u have inside in your soul.And then maybe u realize that many things are possible in life.Even a game in w2k3 if u have a good will.To say the trueth the old atari boxes are unwinable even the old dos based games.To learn them play u needed 10 min to learn a new game u need 6 months or more if u ever learn it in this life.Life is sort dont forget to play the love game..is so sweet.

Statikk
Hmm the only thing that is confirmed is that some people have some strange sence of humour who needs anyway to use it in a daily basis and then they will see that the world isnt so bad as they thought and there is a plenty of love around...

sometimes a walk on the mountains or a little trip to see the sunset colours makes u to want to close in your arms all the people of the world to saw them how much love u have inside in your soul.And then maybe u realize that many things are possible in life.Even a game in w2k3 if u have a good will.To say the trueth the old atari boxes are unwinable even the old dos based games.To learn them play u needed 10 min to learn a new game u need 6 months or more if u ever learn it in this life.Life is sort dont forget to play the love game..is so sweet.

uh...wtf?!?!? :blink:

Frank

someone had to have been smoking something good......