Games in Win2k3

PF Prophet

funny 2k3 and 2k bouth = rock stable on here xp is just like 2k was when it first came out buggy andin need of more service packs i use to get a blue screen at least every 2 weeks 2k sp4 and 2k3 i never get them

xp was put out to soon IMHO eventuly it will get the sp that makes it work like i would expect/hope

oh and the autoupdate sux it downloaded a "hotfix" that was sposta be a security thing the stupid "hotfix" blocked my video drivers from iniating took forever to figuar out what was going on

it wasnt the drivers it was ms that they even told me how to fix it after a week of waiting(had alreaddy figuared it out)

and said they where working on a resolution to the issue

2k never had anything like that

oh and sp1 for xp (funny **** here) had a bug that caused p4 systems to slow down LOL if ya dont beleve me check the ms site its there they had to make a hot fix for it

so ur hyper threded rig was probbly moving about the speed my old duron POS thanks to that one

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;815227

humm intresting xp SUX LOL

glad i refuse to use it

one thing if your talking about the advanced app compat tools that come with xp u can get app compat thats verry much the same by downloading the updated compat tools for 2k

well have fun getting ur nickers in a twist im off for some more halo :D

Joel
But u certainly Dont know the word modesty

Modesty had nothing to do with my job. And I'm sure not the only one on this board that actually works with this stuff, as opposed to spending my pimply years "trying" it.

Jason
Modesty had nothing to do with my job. And I'm sure not the only one on this board that actually works with this stuff, as opposed to spending my pimply years "trying" it.

The one thing I despise about the computer industry is all the kids / idiots who think they know better than someone who already works or has been working with computers for years.

What other profession do you get where school kids think they can do your job ?

Frank

Fast Food worker :)

Jason
Fast Food worker :)

You know what I mean ;) some would struggle at flipping burgers.

Frank

I understand your point and agree with you. My technician now had the same attitude untill I took a 2 weeks vacation. :) Ever since he has decided he couldn't come close to what I do on a daily basis.

Zip

try being a school net admin ;)

Jason
try being a school net admin ;)

That must be awful with all the kids "thinking" they can do your job.

DigitalFreedom
That must be awful with all the kids "thinking" they can do your job.

they can thou, lol, its funny, the comes into the school, because the "keyboard won't work" OMG, I?TS UNPLUGED !!! :o lol, or, yes the mouse won't work on this com, ok, umm, yes, its pluged into the serial port in the back, good, ok, now the serial port is connected to the printer one inside the comp, good, now time to tell the school to get rid of the pieace of ****, so my company can make money selling it!, oh heres that kid again, gotta give him his supply of 10 network cards to keep him queit, and to get the school to buy more stuff from me "here Digi, here your *shippment* of nic cards :ninja:" the kid is happy and goes sell em 5$ each on ebay, :D

next day:

SH1T@!@!@!@ win server 2003 on the computer code named norton does not want to load ad, gotta call that kid out of his class again! here kid, fix it!, heres a pentium 3's one of the teachers threw out, now fix it!, digi goes, ok :D fix fix fix fix, almost done, stumped, go on neowin, get unstumped, give to nice school tech admin, explain what i did, he goes uhuh, yep, greta, so i'll do that next time!

the funny thing is that above is a true stroy :whistle: :shifty: really, but i gotta say he DOES know alot about win 2k (more than i'll ever know) , its just some of the new stuff in 2k3 :D and a few problems here and there! (i also have admin privllages on my account at the school comps :D thanks to me changing me when he was not looking :p :D ) :D

PF Prophet
The one thing I despise about the computer industry is all the kids / idiots who think they know better than someone who already works or has been working with computers for years.

humm if that is in any way dirrected at me i find it very offencive i have been working with computers since i got an apple2c for my bday (yes thats OLD)

i have been a tech for over 12 years granted i dont have a tech job at the moment but around here to have A JOB is suprising highest unemployment rate in the nation :(

i been doing tech work from my room since i started highschool and saddly in hs i did know more then the school admin had to set the server back up after he downloaded a really nasty virus then dissabled norton becouse it was "acting weird"(MORON)

i was also the only student who was called out of classes to fix computer problems around the school oh also taught the comp rep class once the teacher relised i knew more then her

im not a server admin by trade and wouldnt clame to be but i can get around a network and learn verry quickly just plz dont ask me to get netware working i HATE netware

or apple talk never had good exp with the mac's at that school they all sucked wouldnt print over the network even after the aple rep came out and "fixed" them

i use to run 2k adv server as a desktop os never had any problems with it also it let me learn at home whith a system that didnt need to be up 24/7(had remote access to the school's server so kids could send teachers email and check class secdules,get homework when they where sick or kicked out

i know some think becouse i have ****ty spelling and grammer that im a moron well u can think what U like thats your choice and right just let others have there choice and rite to think diffrently

Statikk

humm if that is in any way dirrected at me i find it very offencive i have been working with computers since i got an apple2c for my bday (yes thats OLD)

i have been a tech for over 12 years granted i dont have a tech job at the moment but around here to have A JOB is suprising highest unemployment rate in the nation :(

i been doing tech work from my room since i started highschool and saddly in hs i did know more then the school admin had to set the server back up after he downloaded a really nasty virus then dissabled norton becouse it was "acting weird"(MORON)

i was also the only student who was called out of classes to fix computer problems around the school oh also taught the comp rep class once the teacher relised i knew more then her

im not a server admin by trade and wouldnt clame to be but i can get around a network and learn verry quickly just plz dont ask me to get netware working i HATE netware

or apple talk never had good exp with the mac's at that school they all sucked wouldnt print over the network even after the aple rep came out and "fixed" them

i use to run 2k adv server as a desktop os never had any problems with it also it let me learn at home whith a system that didnt need to be up 24/7(had remote access to the school's server so kids could send teachers email and check class secdules,get homework when they where sick or kicked out

i know some think becouse i have ****ty spelling and grammer that im a moron well u can think what U like thats your choice and right just let others have there choice and rite to think diffrently

Anyone that thinks that XP is "2000 for newbs" doesn't deserve to call themselves a tech. As for your spelling/grammar, if you're so quick to pick things up with computers then why not take 5 extra minutes a post and turn it into something readable. We fired a tech in our shop for the exact problem you have. How professional is it to had a computer back to a customer with a service order that is insanely mispelled and makes little to no sense?

Edit: damnit Tom you were one of the few around here that made sense... why'd you have to go get banned!! :(

Edited by StaTiKMaT
darkmark327
funny 2k3 and 2k bouth = rock stable on here xp is just like 2k was when it first came out buggy andin need of more service packs i use to get a blue screen at least every 2 weeks 2k sp4 and 2k3 i never get them

xp was put out to soon IMHO eventuly it will get the sp that makes it work like i would expect/hope

oh and the autoupdate sux it downloaded a "hotfix" that was sposta be a security thing the stupid "hotfix" blocked my video drivers from iniating took forever to figuar out what was going on

it wasnt the drivers it was ms that they even told me how to fix it after a week of waiting(had alreaddy figuared it out)

and said they where working on a resolution to the issue

2k never had anything like that

oh and sp1 for xp (funny **** here) had a bug that caused p4 systems to slow down LOL if ya dont beleve me check the ms site its there they had to make a hot fix for it

so ur hyper threded rig was probbly moving about the speed my old duron POS thanks to that one

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;815227

humm intresting xp SUX LOL

glad i refuse to use it

one thing if your talking about the advanced app compat tools that come with xp u can get app compat thats verry much the same by downloading the updated compat tools for 2k

well have fun getting ur nickers in a twist im off for some more halo :D

they can thou, lol, its funny, the comes into the school, because the "keyboard won't work" OMG, I?TS UNPLUGED !!!  lol, or, yes the mouse won't work on this com, ok, umm, yes, its pluged into the serial port in the back, good, ok, now the serial port is connected to the printer one inside the comp, good, now time to tell the school to get rid of the pieace of ****, so my company can make money selling it!, oh heres that kid again, gotta give him his supply of 10 network cards to keep him queit, and to get the school to buy more stuff from me "here Digi, here your *shippment* of nic cards " the kid is happy and goes sell em 5$ each on ebay,

next day:

SH1T@!@!@!@ win server 2003 on the computer code named norton does not want to load ad, gotta call that kid out of his class again! here kid, fix it!, heres a pentium 3's one of the teachers threw out, now fix it!, digi goes, ok  fix fix fix fix, almost done, stumped, go on neowin, get unstumped, give to nice school tech admin, explain what i did, he goes uhuh, yep, greta, so i'll do that next time!

the funny thing is that above is a true stroy  really, but i gotta say he DOES know alot about win 2k (more than i'll ever know) , its just some of the new stuff in 2k3  and a few problems here and there! (i also have admin privllages on my account at the school comps  thanks to me changing me when he was not looking  )

Can I buy some pot from you?

blackice912

Wow, I have the feeling that this topic has nothing to do with the original topic it was intended for. :rolleyes:

Statikk

:cry: :cry: Fluffy killed my parents!

Edit: Damnit blackice why does your sig have to change lol! Now people will think I'm nuts!! :(

darkmark327

Sure it does:

-Thread title: "Games in 2k3, why not?"

-Thread answer: "Because it's a server, not a workstation, dolt."

~phoenix~

Wow..You sound like Steve Balmer.Exactly the same words,like to steal them from his mouth.

Should there be a reason to believe that code that comes from a variety of people around the world would be higher-quality than from people who do it professionally?

source

Statikk

Actually those weren't exaclty the same words, and it's about coding not network management.

~phoenix~

Well... you can change a little bit the faces and the roles but it looks the same meaning to me.

Ok sorry for the exactly.

But why some people here trying to make the others to feel so unimportant and unrelated when they have a different opinion from theirs.

It looks strange to me people which their knowledge is indisputable, behave like immature kids instead to help the people with a proper way,and specially respect?

Its all about the negativism and rudeness,thats my point at least that i m trying to say and i m sure u understand my friend.

If i say to u that i was playing a better basketball from M. Jordan how would it sounds to your ears.

Arrogant at least.

But what do u know about me and who i m?

So why some people they spell such words.

"We are the experts and the rest of u...etc..etc"

I dont care about the level of their knowledge.The two things i care is morality and the passion for what they are doing and this is enough for me.

" Seize the day,"My friend.

PF Prophet

duno why we try some people just dont get it we use it as a workstation get over it and move on with your tiny little lives

phoenix i try and help those that ask for i but as u see any post about games/workstation use of 2k3 is a flame fest sure to attract every troll in neowin

Grey$cale

how stupid can ppl get, IT'S a SERVER for crying out loud, Everytime a new version of windows comes out with a new year on it doesn't mean u SHOULD switch...use ur head man...SERVER..haha 1337 gamers use Windows 98 SE with all the updates...(I AM FREAKING KIDDING ABOUT THAT ONE)!

devBrian
how stupid can ppl get, IT'S a SERVER for crying out loud, Everytime a new version of windows comes out with a new year on it doesn't mean u SHOULD switch...use ur head man...SERVER..haha 1337 gamers use Windows 98 SE with all the updates...(I AM FREAKING KIDDING ABOUT THAT ONE)!

Oh come on now... I actually preferred playing games with Windows 2000 Server...

And what's wrong with 98SE? Besides memory management, it's a very good OS for our old-school games ;)... I have a partition w/ 98SE just for CivI, System Shock, Descent, etc :)

darkmark327
Oh come on now... I actually preferred playing games with Windows 2000 Server...

And what's wrong with 98SE? Besides memory management, it's a very good OS for our old-school games ;)... I have a partition w/ 98SE just for CivI, System Shock, Descent, etc :)

Yeah, except for that whole thing about being an unstable POS.

System resources, ha!

Fatal exception error, ha!

etc.

All the non NT OSs sucked

devBrian

And what's wrong with 98SE?? Besides memory management, it's a very good OS for our old-school games;))... I have a partition w/ 98SE just for CivI, System Shock, Descent, etc:))

Yeah, except for that whole thing about being an unstable POS.

System resources, ha!

Fatal exception error, ha!

etc.

All the non NT OSs sucked

Unstable? I think I may have crashed 3 times in the 3 years I used 95/98. Although -- before SE, 98 was crap (and before 95C, 95 was crap). 3.1/3.11 need not apply...

I've crashed about 10 times with XP, 0 with 2000 though.

It's not always the OS, sometimes it's the user (or what the user downloads:blush:

Premgenius

Windows 2003 is a server OS and not a Desktop OS 2 play games...

blackice912
(and before 95C, 95 was crap)

There was a 95C? Never knew that. Got out of 95 as soon as I could.