Bell Helicopter employees win $28 million lottery jackpot

A $5 weekly investment in a lottery office pool has paid off for a group of Bell Helicopter employees in Fort Worth, Texas.

The group of seven men and three women learned they won the $28 million jackpot Sunday morning.

The winning Lotto Texas numbers were 13, 36, 38, 45, 46, and 49.

"When I saw that we had all six numbers, I just lost it... man, I lost it!" Mario Mercado said.

Mercado told News 8 he purchased the ticket Thursday at the Crossroads Shell Station on Western Center Boulevard in Fort Worth. He said each of the investors in the office pool will take home approximately $1.6 million after taxes.

The group called in sick Monday and went down to Austin to claim their prize.

"We all work in the same department; it wasn't a good day for them," Mercado said. "They practically shut down the place." :laugh:

Mercado said the group of friends have known each other for years, and they are not expecting any problems claiming the prize.

more

I wonder who's gonna sue, saying that they should have been included in the pool, or that they played the week before??

• Like 1

I wonder who's gonna sue, saying that they should have been included in the pool, or that they played the week before??

its only a matter of time. "Well they didnt pitch in for gas so could get to the store to buy the ticket, its all mine MINE MINE!"

Hey, my 6th cousin on my mother's side lives next door to one of the winners -- I want a share ! :woot:

MINE !!!

post-37120-0-86959600-1337390497.png