May 8th, 2012 : The first day of the rest of my life.

What would you say is your daily food consumption? What do you eat all day?

Well for breakfast, I have 1 of 2 things. Either 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter or 3 eggs with cheese. I also have a mocha, which is chocolate mixed with french vanilla creamer with coffee and whip cream.. yes all that has sugar but it only a mounts to around 30 grams of carbs ( I counted)

For dinner I will sometimes have a stir fry made up of celery, onion,s green beans, tomato and carrots. Usually with a side of some kind of meat. Other times I will have some Tuna maybe chicken if I cook a whole one up. Or maybe a salad which I am about to list below.

For supper I have a lettuces, cheese, turkey slice, carrot salad with dressing. It's yummy.

For a snack sometimes I have summer sausage, a hot dog, a carrot or some peperoni.

When I go out drinking on Friday nights I have diet coke and Vodka.

Every night just before bed I also take.

1 Multi Vitamin

1 Calcium pill

1 Fish oil

1 5000IU Vitamin D

If I drink pop I drink diet, or I buy flavored walmart water.

This is just off the top of my head.

Well for breakfast, I have 1 of 2 things. Either 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter or 3 eggs with cheese. I also have a mocha, which is chocolate mixed with french vanilla creamer with coffee and whip cream.. yes all that has sugar but it only a mounts to around 30 grams of carbs ( I counted)

For dinner I will sometimes have a stir fry made up of salary, onion,s green beans, tomato and carrots. Usually with a side of some kind of meat. Other times I will have some Tuna maybe chicken if I cook a whole one up. Or maybe a salad which I am about to list below.

For supper I have a lettuces, cheese, turkey slice, carrot salad with dressing. It's yummy.

For a snack sometimes I have summer sausage, a hot dog, a carrot or some peperoni.

When I go out drinking on Friday nights I have diet coke and Vodka.

Every night just before bed I also take.

1 Multi Vitamin

1 Calcium pill

1 Fish oil

1 5000IU Vitamin D

If I drink pop I drink diet, or I buy flavored walmart water.

This is just off the top of my head.

That sounds pretty decent.. Do you exercise at all?

That sounds pretty decent.. Do you exercise at all?

Well I stopped walking every day, because in combination with walking and low carb I was loosing to much weight. So i'm still walking 3.5 miles every friday down to the bar and back.

But mostly i'm just using low carb to keep my diet under control. It's working great. I'm staying between 168 and 171.

All I have to say, is if you have a weight you've been trying to achieve for a very long time without luck, give low carb a try!

Well I stopped walking every day, because in combination with walking and low carb I was loosing to much weight. So i'm still walking 3.5 miles every friday down to the bar and back.

But mostly i'm just using low carb to keep my diet under control. It's working great. I'm staying between 168 and 171.

All I have to say, is if you have a weight you've been trying to achieve for a very long time without luck, give low carb a try!

I might try it..

about 3 years ago, I was at 145 lbs and thats where i've always been at.. then all of a sudden.. I gained about 80lbs within 1.5 to 2 years.. nothing fits and im a little bigger around the edges... I know that consuming 2L of pepsi a day isn't helping..

Right now i'm hovering around 215 lbs.. I haven't been gaining but I also am not losing.

I'll have to figure out a low carb diet for myself as I am about to start work and I wont be home much.. so I'll have to eat at work a lot...

Great to hear that you've been maintaining a steady weight though.. Always good to hear success stories!

I might try it..

about 3 years ago, I was at 145 lbs and thats where i've always been at.. then all of a sudden.. I gained about 80lbs within 1.5 to 2 years.. nothing fits and im a little bigger around the edges... I know that consuming 2L of pepsi a day isn't helping..

Right now i'm hovering around 215 lbs.. I haven't been gaining but I also am not losing.

I'll have to figure out a low carb diet for myself as I am about to start work and I wont be home much.. so I'll have to eat at work a lot...

Great to hear that you've been maintaining a steady weight though.. Always good to hear success stories!

Yep that's about were I started at.scaled.php?server=411&filename=fatmeomg.jpg&res=landing

And 4 months in you're down to 168? Wow that's a lot of progress.

Nope. It's been over a 3 year journey. Although one which i think may have gone 3 years faster had I done low carb from the get go a long side the exercise I started doing.

Back in January 2009, when I weighed in at 216 LBS my goal was to get down to 179 pounds. During the 3 year duration of riding the exercise bike, I got down to 180. Then Crept back up to 194 while still ridding the bike. 2 years later on July 4th 2011 when I stopped ridding the bike and replaced it with a 3.5 mile daily walk, I got down to 182lbs during the entire year thus far of walking. On my 1st week of trying out the low carbohydrate diet and combining it with walking, I got my weight down to 181. Now after 4 months of low carb I am down to 168lbs. I have removed the walking and am going to maintain my diet via low carb. I stopped walking on July 4th 2012. Since that time my weight has stayed between 168 -171lbs.

Nope. It's been over a 3 year journey. Although one which i think may have gone 3 years faster had I done low carb from the get go a long side the exercise I started doing.

Oh ok.. still a decent loss though

Oh ok.. still a decent loss though

Rule #1 . Never be ashamed of your fat photos. In fact before you start loosing weight take LOTS OF THEM!! I wish I had more I could use in before and after photos.

Also once you become thin again, never hate your fat photos. Use them as a reminder of a place you never want to go again.

I have a friend, who HATES a fat photo I took of him before I lost a lot of weight. He HATES that photo. When in fact I think ti's a great comparison photo.

Like the photo I posted above.... I LOVE that photo. Simply for the fact I look like total ASSS in it! :D

I'm currently doing ADF (alternate day fast). It's hard to do, but wow, the benefits are huge. Lower blood pressure, cholesterol (triglycerides), body fat, cell division (cancer risk), inflammation (allergies and asthma, both of which I suffer from), and the list goes on. Fasting really is the body's own natural panacea.

Impressive results!

I'm 6ft and bounce around 13-14 stone. Living at home atm (University student) and I'd say I have a fairly balanced diet with fruit and veg but its normal meals like a Roast once a week, then stuff like Spag Bol, Chicken based dishes etc throughout the week. As i'm on "holiday" i don't really eat breakfast as I'm not up and sometimes don't even eat lunch. I've cut down my alcohol intake and started doing more exercise, i play 40 minutes of football/soccer (5 a side in a non air conned hall) and its pretty intense but I can't shift my beer gut.

Im a tight medium/loose large shirt/t-shirt size and a 34"/36" waist depending on where i shop at. I can't afford gym at the moment and can't do running as sustained a knee injury a few years ago (where i put weight on and now i just maintain it). I'm not good with figuring out what I need to eat etc as I don't do my own shopping but will do when moving back to Uni in 3 weeks.

Is this low card diet a good way for me to start losing weight as it seems my metabolism is insanely slow and does nothing for me. At uni i'll be walking probably 5-10 miles a day around the town and to lectures and back. My only vice is drinking which its mainly vodka mixed with water and fruit juice.

I just need to get rid of this beer gut i've accumulated over 6 years of drinking like the traditional british lager lout lol.

• 3 months later...

Hmmm I think you just got on meth and lost weight cause of addiction :p j/k

I got up to around 240 lbs ( I'm barely 6'0) after I started working at a place that would give me free food ( a mine), but everything was deep fried or heavily stir fried because the cooking ladies are that, cooking ladies that never learned to cook. Anyway long story short I started cooking my own food, I try to be as healthy as possible, but self control is hard and I end up stuffing my face, even so, I've lost 40 pounds just by not eating the food here, but sadly I was embarrassed of my fat photos. :(

Hmmm I think you just got on meth and lost weight cause of addiction :p j/k

I got up to around 240 lbs ( I'm barely 6'0) after I started working at a place that would give me free food ( a mine), but everything was deep fried or heavily stir fried because the cooking ladies are that, cooking ladies that never learned to cook. Anyway long story short I started cooking my own food, I try to be as healthy as possible, but self control is hard and I end up stuffing my face, even so, I've lost 40 pounds just by not eating the food here, but sadly I was embarrassed of my fat photos. :(