Microsoft Drops Aero from Windows 8

It's already possible in the CP, and Windows 8 server, but at the end of the day if you are ready to quit Windows because you have to press a single click at startup then you might have a problem :) Also it would be nice to you to learn how the Metro start screen works.

How foolish of you to automatically assume that someone who doesn't like metro just doesn't know how metro works or has a "problem", when I see posts like that from obvious fanboys I am reminded of that study done on isheep where they compared isheep reaction toward pictures of apple products to pictures of religious idols and how the reactions were very similar.

People said the same thing about the Start Menu in Windows 95.

Yes a whole TWO PEOPLE according to your link didn't like the start menu in 95 unless you follow the other various links from that page then you might find a few more, hardly a worthy comparison to the abundance of people who have expressed their dissatisfaction with metro long before it has even been released and is still in preview mode.

Windows 95 was a huge success when it launched. A quote from one single person saying they didn't like it doesn't mean much, especially compared to the massive amount of negative feedback Windows 8 is getting.

^This.

A start menu that takes up the entire screen with giant tiles is dumb. That's ok for a tablet but a big desktop monitor? It's ridiculous.

Reminds me of how the Office 2010 open file menu covers the entire screen. Microsoft is off their meds.

You're the one out of your mind.

The tile are "live tile", they are much more than a giant static shorcut icon.

The new menu is much better than the previous one, for example it gives more results per page.

Also for office, since your attention is on the open file menu, then it makes sense to make it as large as possible to show as many choice per page as possible.

8 is what 8 is. Why are so many people bitching? I like it myself but I do tend to disagree with their decision on the UI. Apparently Microsoft is not listening at this point.

I'm happy to see Microsoft to get rid of useless Aero from Windows 8. It kinda of x-ray vision too much we're not superman or supergirl :rofl:

Oh so that means the only is only designed for battery powered devices! Wait a minute, I thought Microsoft said it was designed for all kinds of PCs. Then why should powered machines not enjoy glass transparencies where there is no question of battery life?

You don't know what you're talking about or how accelerated graphics work at all do you.

And how does removing transparency make it ony for battery powered devices, when transparency or not it has no effect on battery time.

• Like 2

Windows 95 was a huge success when it launched. A quote from one single person saying they didn't like it doesn't mean much, especially compared to the massive amount of negative feedback Windows 8 is getting.

One person? Apparently you didn't read the B8 post then.

One person? Apparently you didn't read the B8 post then.

Your link was pretty impotent, 1, maybe 2 people on the link were complaining, the other links on the page show maybe another 10-12 combined, hardly comparable to the enormous number of complaints directed at windows 8.

Your link was pretty impotent, 1, maybe 2 people on the link were complaining, the other links on the page show maybe another 10-12 combined, hardly comparable to the enormous number of complaints directed at windows 8.

The only complaints about Windows 8 that I'm still seeing, is "Metro sucks". Well, that's great, but that's the direction Microsoft wants to go, and they're not going to change from it because a vocal few are upset. Go back and read both that blog post and the B8 post, and you'll see that these complaints are similar, and yet people adapted, and now unable to let go. In fact, go read the B8 post, and it explains exactly why Microsoft is pushing metro to the desktop and beyond. It's all about connectivity. The 9x UI that is still in use on Windows 7 was designed before connectivity was the rule.

^ Yet, you two constantly feel the need to troll the Windows 8 posts. I think you secretly love it, and just aren't showing it. ;)

What in the actual ****? I love Aero. No, Microsoft - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Completely tasteless

(N) (N)

Welcome back to Windows Classic.

I rather liked Aero. :(

I like Aero Glass... :(

What is the new icon everyone is talking about?

The highlighted icon on the taskbar:

Hopefully they go bankrupt.

Lol. Haven't people been saying that every Windows release?

Another solid reason to stick with Windows 7... I can see Windows 8 being the new Vista, ME, etc.

Yea, I am in the same train of thought. Windows 7 is exactly what I want in terms of user-interface, and interaction. Windows 8 just isn't for me.

Hopefully they go bankrupt.

wow, thats really harsh, if a company goes bankrupt, lots of people will lose jobs. Firing the head of windows 8 is another idea, in which im first in the line.

• Like 3

wow, thats really harsh, if a company goes bankrupt, lots of people will lose jobs. Firing the head of windows 8 is another idea, in which im first in the line.

Steven Sinofsky? You do realize he was also the Windows 7 boss, which you are trying to cling to right now. Not to mention he oversaw the development of the Ribbon UI, which everyone now loves. Firing him, and Microsoft looses a valued boss. Personally, I would love to see him head Microsoft and not Ballmer, but Microsoft would be fools to "fire" him.

Personally, I would fire him if he *didn't* change Windows. Remember this?

ballmer_500x387.jpg

How about this?

500x_ballmernote43.jpg

The market rejected them. Why? Because this

Windows_7.png

isn't working, nor will it ever work where the market is headed. This UI is unsustainable, and no they can not put off changing Windows around any longer.

Sorry, but Microsoft *HAD* to change, and Metro fits that bill. Don't blame Microsoft or Sinofsky, blame the consumer. The consumer wants light, and mobile gadgets, and more and more of them are sold each day.

Not to mention that the mouse is dying. Microsoft knows this, Apple knows this, and Google knows this. Microsoft can't afford to sit still again,.because a few users still feel like they are owed something. This is nothing more than Microsoft adapting to market trends, much like Windows 95 was a switch to match the rise of the desktop PC. Those things aren't selling like they used to, too bad so sad, but it's time for new things.

Well yea it just looks flat. blah. I hope we can still change the colors. dark colors and white font easier for me to read. i like the ribbon. keep it!!

I wish they would change the icons. they do not fit with the theme for win8

Aero look more compelling and wtf is wrong with the people that in charge of this area and get rid of this beautiful glass?? :angry: :angry: first you remove iconic start button and then now removing the sweet little glass? Really? Really? Really? Leave an option for the user ********