Anyone here gone from iPhone 4S to a Lumia 900?

If anyone here has made the leap from an iPhone 4S to a Lumia 900, how are you finding it? I'm sorely tempted to make the jump, one thing I wanted to ask is how do you find the screen? Is it very noticable going to a lower resolution? Do things appear blocky and blurry? Or do you filter it out?

This might help you make your decision:

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/45801/which-smartphone-best-screen-in-sun

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1078249-htc-one-x-nokia-lumia-900-apple-iphone-4s-screen-comparison/page__p__594874959__hl__lumia%20900__fromsearch__1#entry594874959

I haven't seen the Lumia 900 in person but I don't personally find WVGA resolution blocky or blurry. Also, the rich colours that OLED offers often make up for the lack of detail you get from a higher resolution screen.

If anyone here has made the leap from an iPhone 4S to a Lumia 900, how are you finding it? I'm sorely tempted to make the jump, one thing I wanted to ask is how do you find the screen? Is it very noticable going to a lower resolution? Do things appear blocky and blurry? Or do you filter it out?

stick with Iphone.. screen and screen resolution is better in iphone..

If you don't go outside maybe... if you leave the house and live in a particularly sunny location then the Lumia may be the better choice:

http://www.gottabemo...utdoor-reading/

I'd make the choice mostly on your comfort with the OS and what features you need. Screen resolution is unlikely to be the most significant difference between the phones, it's mostly a bragging feature.

I would say you should wait for apollo devices. on the 4s (which I have) and iOS you need to have retina. Windowsphone (which I have) dont really need it. Have you played with the 900? The screen looks nice with the OS. Spec nerds can rage about resolution etc, but the WP OS looks good on most devices.

You should still wait for Windows 8 phones.

I don't own an iPhone 4S, but I've used a Galaxy Nexus and Xperia ray (both of which have comparable ppi to the iPhone). I can tell the difference, primarily because I know the difference is there and I know to look for it... but practically speaking, the lower resolution is pretty much negligible.

^^ This guy does nothing but trolls Microsoft threads. Please ignore.

I went from an Iphone 4 to a Lumia 900 and I love it. I can't wait for the new Nokia WP8 devices. I don't really miss anything other than Hero Academy.

a friend at work has the lumia, and the screen is really nice! but then i don't use it with a magnifying glass like i guess these people do that think it's blocky or blurry?

if Verizon had the Lumia, it would be a tough choice

• 2 weeks later...

If you do make the jump, make sure you root it so that you can install a rotation lock tweak, or the phone will be awful to use when you're laying down.

I personally have a HTC Titan but both my family (Mother, Father and Sister) and my Girlfriends family (Mother in law, Father in law, Brother in law, Sister in law and of course Girlfriend) have all switched from a mixture of Android, Apple and Blackberry handsets over the last couple of months to both Lumia 800 and 900s, all of them have been over the moon with the handsets. Now to be fair if it wasn't for my influence they would have never even considered these phones but now they own them they have all said they could never imagine going back.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally have a HTC Titan but both my family (Mother, Father and Sister) and my Girlfriends family (Mother in law, Father in law, Brother in law, Sister in law and of course Girlfriend) have all switched from a mixture of Android, Apple and Blackberry handsets over the last couple of months to both Lumia 800 and 900s, all of them have been over the moon with the handsets. Now to be fair if it wasn't for my influence they would have never even considered these phones but now they own them they have all said they could never imagine going back.

nice work! i'm assuming they think the OS is superior.