Fringe (Season 5)

xDeg0.jpg

When Fringe kicks off its fifth and final season this fall, it will be down one castmember.

Sources confirm to TVLine that Seth Gabel will not be back as a series regular.

In a recent interview with TVLine, Fringe?s leading lady, Anna Torv, noted that the odds of Gabel returning were slim.

?I don?t think [we'll see Lincoln again],? she lamented. ?Unless we go to the other side, no? ? a prospect made less likely by the season-ending closing of the bridge between the two worlds.

A Fringe insider, however, isn?t ruling out a guest appearance or two by Gabel during the final 13 episodes.

http://tvline.com/2012/05/22/fringe-seth-gabel-leaving/

• 2 weeks later...

Fringe exec Jeff Pinkner is to depart the show.

Pinkner has worked on the Fox sci-fi drama, along with Joel 'JH' Wyman, since its first season in 2008.

His decision to leave the show is "amicable" and will allow him to pursue other projects, TV Guide reports.

Fringe co-creator JJ Abrams said in a statement: "We're so excited to begin work on a fifth season of Fringe and to be able to deliver the 13 final episodes to our passionate and devoted fans.

"For four years, JH Wyman and Jeff Pinkner have worked tirelessly as a team to keep all the worlds in order on Fringe. We're thankful for the invaluable contributions Jeff has made to the show and of course wish him well and look forward to working together in the future."

He continued: "JH Wyman's importance to Fringe cannot be overstated, however, and I'm thrilled that he will continue as showrunner for the concluding chapters of our story. We can't wait for our fans to see what we have in store for them in the wild conclusion of Fringe."

Fringe will return to Fox on Friday, September 28 at 9/8c. In the UK, the series airs on Sky1.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s118/fringe/news/a388780/fringe-exec-jeff-pinkner-quits-show-ahead-of-final-season.html

YAY!!!!!! ME SO HAPPY :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

now bring back X_Files........................And STAR TREK,Stargate........................... :angry:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else feel they just used the observers as the main baddies out of necessity? I mean I know they had the future episode last season where they showed that they had taken over etc, but really? The entire point of the show is the observers are the bad guys?

Also, Leonard Nimoy

Anyone else feel they just used the observers as the main baddies out of necessity? I mean I know they had the future episode last season where they showed that they had taken over etc, but really? The entire point of the show is the observers are the bad guys?

Also, Leonard Nimoy

I personally feel that this was something that they had in works for a while. This is from 2x03.

?The enemy is among us, and nobody is doing anything about it. We have no idea the end is coming. THEY are here collecting data, making observations. That?s what?s in the briefcase. They?ve been planning for war and they?ve been passing information via courier right under our noses.?

?We don?t know who they are, but I can tell you what they want. They want to exterminate us. So they are studying us?our culture, our technology, our science. And they plan to use it against us.?

?One way or another, we?ll find out who they are, but by then, I suppose, it won?t really matter because whatever is in those cases is going to destroy us all.?

Yeah but if the observers are us from the future, wouldn't killing us all or enslaving us etc screw up their future even more?

Brain esplode.

Yeah but if the observers are us from the future, wouldn't killing us all or enslaving us etc screw up their future even more?

Brain esplode.

Depends from what universe they are.

PS That said, according to Walter the Earth became uninhabitable soon after 2600 (2609 from what I recall). With all the advances in technology I'm finding it hard to believe we couldn't fix things or just relocate to another planet. Going back in time, inhabit a past/different Earth and enslave the native population doesn't really seem a practical solution. I also wonder why everyone looks more or less the same and is male in the future. Hopefully they'll give us some answers to that.

One thing I noticed when seeing the skyline of New York in "our" universe One World Trade Center is nowhere to be seen. What's up with that?

Depends from what universe they are.

Would it really matter in the end? If the invade "our" universe and wipe out most of humanity and enslave the rest etc, then their own future would change even more (for the worse one would imagine). If they invade the other universe (or any other) they'd still be in that universe they invade, and their future would still be affected. Going back in time in one universe doesn't change things in another universe right? Or have they stated otherwise in the series someplace? Because that would make zero sense at all.