Fringe (Season 5)

The final ever episode of sci-fi drama Fringe will be simulcast by Sky1 in the UK, it has been confirmed.

UK fans can watch the finale at the same time as the US East Coast, at 1.10am on Saturday, January 19.

After five seasons and 100 episodes, the cult hit reaches its conclusion in the New Year.

Exec producer JH Wyman teased: "It's definitely the biggest season finale we've ever had. It's the most expensive... It's massive, really big.

"I wanted to go out like, 'Wow, how did they do that?'"

The finale, titled 'An Enemy of Fate', will air as a two-hour special, the latter hour serving as the show's 100th episode.

Fringe's finale will also be repeated in its usual UK timeslot on Wednesday, January 23 at 10pm.

The series, which stars Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson and John Noble, was voted the 18th best show of 2012 by Digital Spy's writers.

Sky1 did a similar simulcast for the last ever episode of Lost.

Sky's controller of acquisitions Sarah Wright said: "Fringe has a great, dedicated fanbase amongst our customers and we are thrilled to be able to show them the much-anticipated series finale at the same time as the US broadcast."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s118/fringe/news/a446478/fringe-finale-to-be-simulcast-in-uk-on-sky1.html

Latest ep spoilers:

Donald is SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was really hoping they were going to find a way to bring him back into the show, I love his character

Wow.

It seems like the observers experience emotion on a very basic level but can't show signs of it. I was surprised to hear Windmark say, "You... animals."

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a little beef with the "plan". It seems to me that what Donald & Walter have planned will violate the Grandfather paradox. Does anyone else see that being a problem?

You can't go back in time to change something that would negate you going back in time to begin with. For example, let's say two years ago I murdered someone, but in the future I invent a time machine to go back in time to stop myself from murdering that person, it negates the reasons I invented the time machine in the first place, meaning I'd never go back in time to begin with. I can't stop myself. I can't cross my own timeline.

Depends how you perceive time travel.

Going back and changing an event would create an alternate timeline. Like in Back to the Future, Biff giving himself the almanac created a new timeline.

Depends how you perceive time travel.

Going back and changing an event would create an alternate timeline. Like in Back to the Future, Biff giving himself the almanac created a new timeline.

Don't remember ever seeing Back to the Future, but have they stipulated that this would create a new timeline? Has Fringe even had multiverse theory in it? I know there was the alternative universe, but I was under the impression that was the only one that existed in this show?

Don't remember ever seeing Back to the Future, but have they stipulated that this would create a new timeline? Has Fringe even had multiverse theory in it? I know there was the alternative universe, but I was under the impression that was the only one that existed in this show?

http://fringe.wikia.com/wiki/Alternate_Timeline

An interesting read.

Just watched the first 6 episodes of Season 5. I hate how they keep reinventing the timeline yet still have a plausible & exciting storyline. I am highly entertained, damn them!