Apple's WWDC 2012 event

I do like Apple, but they're legitimately out of their mind when it comes to multi-media performance. :wacko:

Same, I thi k they have always been behind the times hardware wise, but IMO how their OS handles it more then makes up for it

With the talk of a Kepler GPU in the new Macbook Pros, you'd think they snag at least a GTX 670 (or on the other side, the 79xx cards) to please Mac Pro users...

is it just me or did the iPhone's that they used in the keynote look LONGER to you guys? Especially the one in the car where it showed the Ford Sync type stuff

I agree, they seemed like they had extra vertical space in the screenshots.

is it just me or did the iPhone's that they used in the keynote look LONGER to you guys? Especially the one in the car where it showed the Ford Sync type stuff

Na looked normal, I would defiantly think if it was longer it would be announced at its own conference instead of Developer talks. As that would be a whole new phone

Was I the only one that thought when they said they had the biggest database of Credit Card Information, that they were just painting a huge Target on their head?

I thought the keynote was great I didn't think it was a letdown. They updated a whole lot of stuff many things like the new Mac Pro and Airport Express they didn't even have time to mention but we didn't need to wait for it. I thought it was a great event.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is they seem to have axed the 17" MacBook Pro. Not only did it not get updated but they've removed it from the store entirely you can't even order the old model anymore. As someone that has purchased two 17" MacBook Pros in the past 6 years I'm saddened to see it go. I hold out hope they will yet release one but right now there is nothing to indicate that and I don't think they will do it. I guess I'll have to step down to a 15" Next Generation MacBook Pro soon. I'll make my mind up by the end of the year I suppose.

Was I the only one that thought when they said they had the biggest database of Credit Card Information, that they were just painting a huge Target on their head?

They've made this statement about two times previously at other Apple events.

They've made this statement about two times previously at other Apple events.

Lol, didn't know that, surprised they haven't been hit yet then

What a disappointment that was.

My Android phone has had turn by turn, do not disturb, cloud browser syncing, message on call rejection and most of the other announced features for years.

Apple really has fallen from grace.

What a disappointment that was.

My Android phone has had turn by turn, do not disturb, cloud browser syncing, message on call rejection and most of the other announced features for years.

Apple really has fallen from grace.

From what I read a couple days ago, Google has been limiting turn by turn from iOS for a while now, it's one of the reasons Apple had to go with their Inhouse Maps. And obviously android has had it, it's Googles Mobile OS.

But I do agree with the rest. I wouldn't say fall from grace, as their crap will sell regardless, but I will say Behind The Times in a LOT of areas

A bit off topic but for me MIUI android rom has everything a smartphone needs with really well designed graphics and general ui way better than the iphone.

A feature to reply with message if you don't want to answer the call? MIUI has that since gingerbread releases and with really smart and nice ui implementation.

Good news

It took 28 pages before Android comparisons

Bad news

28 pages before android comparisons

New music app looks fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.

That looks verry nice.

Maps are using data from TomTom and others.

That's surprising, I think they have their own app w/in app purchases, would think this would canabalize that

That's surprising, I think they have their own app w/in app purchases, would think this would canabalize that

Although they have mapping companies like C3 Technologies and others they don't really have a company that is dedicated to turn by turn GPS. So I'm guessing Tom Tom is providing data in that regard to assist in creating correct and efficient routes between the different places so that it doesn't tell you to drive the wrong way down a one way street or something like that. Also I think they are using Tom Toms live traffic network which all the new high end Tom Toms have built in which reports congestion automatically to Tom Toms servers which then is downloaded by other Tom Toms.