Apple's WWDC 2012 event

Razorwing

It's not. You can watch the keynote there later on.

ah ok.

nominak

Did Apple update their site? I went to check the Mac Mini's and it says "The new Mac Mini".. Its been a while since I've been to the site, so it could still be the same. i5 with OS X Lion

.Neo

Can't wait to see what Safari 6 will have in store.

• Like 1
Rudy

Did Apple update their site? I went to check the Mac Mini's and it says "The new Mac Mini".. Its been a while since I've been to the site, so it could still be the same. i5 with OS X Lion

No, it's been there since last year
PyX

iOS 6 will be available for my iPhone 3GS ? :woot:

Even I wouldn?t have adopted such a decision if I were Tim Cook !

Good to see that I?m still in the game? let?s hope for some performance and stability optimizations? please ?

And yeah, what about consumer and enterprise editions ? Do these branches exist for iOS 5 ?

Quillz

Odd that it doesn't do that on the iPhone because it does on the iPad. :/

No idea why they never got around to fixing that, either. But if iOS 6 fixes it, great.

Don't really care much about Siri or even the new Maps app, so I'm sure I'll be happy with w/e iOS 6 adds beyond that.

.Neo

I have this feeling a new Maps app is going to be a huge step backwards for me.

• Like 1
game_over

Ahh, the day is upon us. The day millions of Apple fans sit with their credit cards tightly gripped in their hands, to be hit by disappointment when all the rumours prove to be fake.

More realistically, we know we'll see iOS6 and some announcements about iCloud and ML.

Will we see new the REDESIGNED iPhone 5, REDESIGNED MacbookPro, new mac products across the board, the super secret AppleTV that doesn't exist...

Just flicked through last years Keynote and they talked about 3 things: iOS, iCloud and Lion... i can't see this year being any different. We do have evidence of new model numbers or w/e but i can't see such drastic updates, at a push we'll have a retina mbp since evidence has been showing up on the app store and this is quite significant news for developers...

Of course, i hope i'm wrong.

PyX

I have this feeling a new Maps app is going to be a huge step backwards for me.

Why ? I?m only scared that Apple?s database will be incomplete and old compared to Google?s, and it?ll be in beta for the next 2 years?

It?ll be two steps forward for me if it includes the same features from the current Maps app + astonishing 3D + a new transportation mode : bicycle.

game_over

We may find out sooner, the Apple store is down almost worldwide.

robertobaggio2k

what time does the event start?

Elliott

what time does the event start?

1pm ET

.Neo

Why ? I?m only scared that Apple?s database will be incomplete and old compared to Google?s, and it?ll be in beta for the next 2 years?

It?ll be two steps forward for me if it includes the same features from the current Maps app + astonishing 3D + a new transportation mode : bicycle.

To this date Google has been the only one to provide proper support for Amsterdam's metro, tram and bus network and the national railways. Not to mention Street View. Services like Bing, Nokia, etc. either only show where the stops/stations are with no additional information and directions or nothing at all beyond a simple road layout. :/

NeoXY

So, who else think whatever new hardware (*cough macbook pro cough*) that will get announced will be available immediately?

My wallet is ready for a new MacBook Pro and I work a 5 minute walk from an Apple store. God damn I'm tingling with excitement.

game_over

So, who else think whatever new hardware (*cough macbook pro cough*) that will get announced will be available immediately?

My wallet is ready for a new MacBook Pro and I work a 5 minute walk from an Apple store. God damn I'm tingling with excitement.

I seen this on another forum:

For what its worth, I just spoke to an Apple store in the UK and enquired about the macbook pro and they confirmed you will be able to buy the new one on the website later today.

Obviously wouldn't disclose any specs tho...

Steve B.

As far as I know they find out when we do, but they may be pulling a fast one on me. :p

NeoXY

Not on the website, but can I physically walk in to pick one up?

game_over

Thats going to be out of my price range, hopefully there is a retina spec with standard hdd. I don't want to spend much more than normal price ?1,500

Miuku.

Don't give a hoot about the price, it's on the shopping list.

Miuku.

It would appear they have gone quite mad. Over $4000? lol

If it *truly* has a 768GB SSD, it's like 25% of the price alone.

sanctified

So are they going to renew just the mbp? I was hoping for a new macbook air and mac mini.

Miuku.

So are they going to renew just the mbp? I was hoping for a new macbook air and mac mini.

http://www.macrumors...and-512-gb-ssd/

According to the report, the initial model descriptions include not only a boost in processor performance to Intel's latest Ivy Bridge processors but also boosts to RAM (maxing out at 8 GB on both sizes) and solid-state drive capacity (maxing out at 512 GB on the 13-inch model). The descriptions include model number, short product name, screen size, processor speed in GHz, RAM in GB, and storage size in GB.

11-inch

Base Model: MD223LL/A - MBA 11.6/1.7/4/64FLASH-USA

Better: MD224LL/A - MBA 11.6/1.7/4/128FLASH-USA

High End: MD845LL/A ? MBA 11.6/2.0/8/256FLASH-USA

13-inch

MD231LL/A ? MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/128FLASH-USA

MD232LL/A ? MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/256FLASH-USA

MD846LL/A ? MBAIR 13.3/2.0/8/512FLASH-USA

The current MacBook Air includes 2 GB of RAM on the base 11-inch model, with all other models at both screen sizes offering 4 GB of RAM. On the storage side, it appears that the 11-inch model will not be seeing any changes given that the existing line starts at 64 GB and goes up to 256 GB at the high end, but the new 13-inch model is shown as introducing a new 512 GB option at the high end.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By indospot
      Apple's Fitness+ is a new fitness experience built for the Apple Watch
      by João Carrasqueira

Today, during its special event focused on the Apple Watch and iPad, Apple introduced a new fitness-oriented subscription service, Apple Fitness+. The service is designed for Apple Watch, and it offers personalized workout recommendations, and professional workout routines by renowned trainers.

Apple Fitness+ can offer recommendations based on past workout sessions the user has done, but users can also search for specific types of workout, specific trainers, duration, or even the music used during the workout. On the topic of music, if you happen to hear something you like during a workout and you want to listen to it later, Apple Fitness+ can tie with Apple Music so you can do that.

The integration with the Apple Watch means that when you select a workout from the Fitness app on your iPhone, your Apple Watch will automatically begin tracking that specific kind of workout. Metrics like the heart rate are measured during the workout, and you can even enable the Burn Bar, which compared your burned calories to other people who have done the same workout. An interface similar to the activity rings usually displayed on the watch will let users know how far along they are in the workout.

As for what kind of workouts you'll find, Apple's trainers will create a library of Studio Workouts targeting different activities like cycling, rowing, strength, yoga, and more, and each workout is paired with music specifically chosen by the trainer. New workouts will be added each week across different genres, and there's an "Absolute Beginner" program built into the app for those just getting into fitness. There's no specific brand or equipment required for the workout to be tracked, but if you have an Apple GymKit-compatible treadmill, you can connect it with the watch so the metrics are in sync.

Apple Fitness+ will cost $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year, with a free one-month trial available. However, if you buy an Apple Watch series 3 or newer starting today, you can get an expanded trial for three months. Additionally, the subscription will be included in the Apple One Premier plan in countries where it's available.

• By Rich Woods
      Apple announces new iPads bringing Pro features to lower-cost tablets
      by Rich Woods

Today at its virtual event, Apple announced new iPads. Starting with the base model, it introduced a new eighth-generation iPad. Pretty much the only new feature is that it includes an A12 Bionic processor, with Apple promising that it's twice as fast as the top-selling Windows laptop, three times as fast as the top-selling Android tablet, and six times as fast as the top-selling Chromebook. Of course, these aren't necessarily comparatively priced devices.

The new iPad Air is more interesting, because it's using the design from the iPad Pro, with its flat sides and lack of a home button. In fact, it's actually keeping Touch ID though, by moving the fingerprint sensor to the power button. After all, in an age where wearing masks are so common, it wouldn't be smart to release a product that requires facial recognition.

With the iPad Pro design, it comes with USB Type-C connectivity, meaning you can plug in a USB drive. It has a 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display with a 2360x1640 resolution, so that's the area where the iPad Pro still has an advantage. In fact, the iPad Air even supports the newer magnetic Apple Pencil, which charges wirelessly.

And then there's the new A14 processor, which is actually making its debut today. It's the first time that a new Apple Silicon processor has debuted in an iPad instead of an iPhone since the A5 in the iPad 2. It's a 5nm chipset with 11.8 million transistors, and it offers a 40% increase in performance over the last iPad Air. It's got a six-core CPU, and an upgraded neural engine.

The eighth-gen iPad starts at $329, and you can pre-order it today with availability on Friday. The new iPad Air is coming next month, but starts at $599.

• By indospot
      Apple One brings Apple's subscriptions services into one bundle
      by João Carrasqueira

During its special event today, Apple announced a bundle subscription program that includes all of its individual subscription services. Called Apple One, the package comes in three variants, the individual plan, the family plan, and the Premier plan, which is technically the only one that includes all the services.

The individual plan is the basic package, and as you can see, it costs $14.95 per month. For that price, you get Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and 50GB of iCloud storage. The family plan expands on this, including all the same subscriptions that can be shared between family members, plus upgrading the iCloud storage to 200GB instead of 50GB, and it costs $19.95 per month.

The Premier plan is the most expensive, but also the most comprehensive of the plans. If you're willing to pay $29.95, you can get Apple News+ and the all-new Apple Fitness+ program added to the subscription. Additionally, this subscription bumps up your iCloud storage significantly to 2TB. Just like the family plan, all of this can be shared with family members.

The Apple One individual and family plans will be available in over 100 countries this fall. However, the Premier plan is more limited in availability, because Apple News+ isn't available everywhere. This plan will be available in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia. Apple Fitness+ will join the subscription later in the year, since it isn't available just yet.

• By indospot
      Apple introduces the Apple Watch SE starting at $279
      by João Carrasqueira

Today, during its special event, Apple announced a cheaper variant of the Apple Watch,the Apple Watch SE. The new watch features many of the features the Apple Watch is known for, but it starts at just $279.

The Apple Watch SE has a similar design to what was introduced with the Apple Watch series 4, with a larger display than the initial models. It also features a lot of the same sensors, like a compass, an always-on altimeter, sleep tracking, and fall detection. It also includes the new features announced today, including new watch faces, and the new Family Setup feature. This lets parents set up Apple Watch devices for their children, and this cheaper model makes sense for that purpose.

The watch is also still swimproof and it works with the new wrist straps introduced today, so the experience will be familiar if you have a previous generation of the Apple Watch. It will be especially familar if you have an Apple Watch series 5, since the SE is using the same chipset as last year's model, the S5. That's one of the biggest distinctions between the series 6 and the SE. Still, that processor is two times faster than the Apple Watch series 3, which Apple is still selling. That model start at $199, and it has an older design, making the SE a viable option.

As mentioned above, the Apple Watch SE starts at $279 for the GPS model, but you can also get it in a cellular variant. The cellular variant is required if you want to enable Family Setup, which allows the watch to be used by users without a personal iPhone, and that costs $329.

• By Rich Woods
      Apple announces Apple Watch Series 6 with blood oxygen tracking, new colors, more
      by Rich Woods

Today, Apple is holding a virtual event, and it's about time. The company announced its next-generation Apple Watch, the Series 6. It comes in an array of new colors, and it also has some new features.

Starting with new colors, the Apple Watch Series 6 has a new blue aluminum variant, joining Space Grey, Silver, Gold, and Rose Gold. Blue isn't the only new aluminum color though, because you can also get it in PRODUCT (RED). If you're more of a stainless steel person, the gold color has been refreshed a bit, and there's a new Grey Black variant.

As for new features, the big one is blood oxygen (SpO2) tracking. This adds to Apple's health-tracking efforts, with Tim Cook leading off the presentation by telling stories about users whose lives were quite literally saved by an Apple Watch, which might have delivered a warning about the user's heart rate, causing them to get checked out by a doctor.

As usual, there are a bunch of new watch faces too. These include a GMT face, which lets you see different time zones, a countdown face, Chronograph Pro, Typograph, and more. There's also a new family setup feature that will let you give your kids an Apple Watch without them having an iPhone.

As for the internals, the smartwatch has a new S6 processor, which is dual-core and based on the A13 Bionic. Obviously, that's been optimized for the Watch.

The Apple Watch Series 6 will continue to be sold at the regular Apple Watch price, which is starting at $399. However, this time it won't come with a power adapter, with Apple claiming that it will cause less waste for the environment. You can order today with availaility on Friday.