Lumia 710 available at Carphone Warehouse for just

Just to be sure, do you have to take a contract for a certain period with this to get it at that price?

(if not, that is really cheap)

Just to be sure, do you have to take a contract for a certain period with this to get it at that price?

(if not, that is really cheap)

?110 flat (not pay monthly) on Vodaphone :)

For the same price, you can get the Orange Monte Carlo (ZTE Skate) which has a much larger screen and Android (but a much slower processor and lower quality camera) if you prefer.

They do.

He's wrong.

I wouldn't really accuse me of being wrong. If you want it at that price, just go online and order it...?

?110 flat (not pay monthly) on Vodaphone :)

For the same price, you can get the Orange Monte Carlo (ZTE Skate) which has a much larger screen and Android (but a much slower processor and lower quality camera) if you prefer.

While I got a ZTE Skate variant for my nephew a while ago I do think at the same price the Lumia 710 is a better choice. It's easier to use, to update and to maintain in general. I don't like Windows Phone because I personally need the 'freedom' of Android, but I can perfectly see why many people do like it. I've sold quite a few 710's a few months ago when I spent two weeks working @ Carphone Warehouse Belgium (aka The Phone House).

I managed to get a PAYG upgrade from an existing O2 SIM to a Lumia 710 for ?89.99 on O2 - in the store. No extra credit top-up necessary.

I managed to get a PAYG upgrade from an existing O2 SIM to a Lumia 710 for ?89.99 on O2 - in the store. No extra credit top-up necessary.

Bugger, I didn't know about that!

Agh. The 610 got released in Belgium today. On sale for only (!) ?249,99 at all major retailers!

Belgium sucks when it comes to pricing of mobile phones. For that amount I'd get myself an Xperia Arc S or Xperia U or something, not a bloody stupid Lumia 610.

Agh. The 610 got released in Belgium today. On sale for only (!) ?249,99 at all major retailers!

Belgium sucks when it comes to pricing of mobile phones. For that amount I'd get myself an Xperia Arc S or Xperia U or something, not a bloody stupid Lumia 610.

What stops you buying from a UK online store?

What stops you buying from a UK online store?

What stops me? Nothing. I never buy any electronics in Belgium. The bad thing is about everyone else buys everything in Belgium. Most Belgians don't have credit cards, which makes it very hard to buy anything online from a UK/German store. Belgians usually only have a debit card (which you can only use to pay online with some system only used in Belgium).

I work at The Phone House, which is the Belgian branch of the Carphone Warehouse, and I see it all the time how people spend too much money on about everything, but I can hardly tell customers they're better off buying elsewhere now can I. And still, in Belgium the Carphone Warehouse is one of the cheapest retailers or online stores there is. Everything is expensive in Belgium as all shops (physical or virtual) just sell at the RRP all the time.

Another thing is that selling phones and selling contracts is completely seperate here. Operators only subsidize your phone in rare cases. Most people in Belgium don't even have a contract, they use prepaid cards all the time (even though they cost way too much).

In general you could just say most Belgians are stupid.

Well managed to pick one up! And although the promo ends today, you can also get it on a PAYG upgrade. I used my father's sim (I'm on giffgaff, so ineligible) to get it for ?89.95 - no top up needed. And as it's CPW, all their Lumia's are unlocked and unbranded.

Now to see if I can get on with it for a week instead of an iPhone, which I've grown used to over 4 years.