Microsoft E3 2012 Presentation

I don't get some of you, what did you want? More new exclusives? What dev in their right mind would make a new IP for a system in it's, lets face it, last year? All you'd get are sequels, new stuff will just have to wait for the next Xbox, which is why the only new exclusives are arcade titles, but I guess you guys hate arcade titles as well now?

Oh I don't know, how about featuring........GAMES?

Sometimes at E3 they do an "heres what's coming up this year and next" montage, instead you get loads of people walking on talking about tv/movies/music.

I find it funny how something so interesting and cool like Smart Glass can get downplayed so much by this group when it opens up some very interesting possibilities for not just media but gaming as well. Sure we'll have to wait and see how it's used but the simple fact it can run on a large number of devices means developers will target it as a bonus. If they can add support into core games for kinect then they sure as hell will add in support for Smart Glass, I'd bet on it.

Smart Glass is garbage.

If I'm watching a tv show or movie I don't want or need a companion device that draws my attention away from the big screen and breaking the immersion just to see that person x plays character y, I don't need a synopsis of the media being played I already know the synopsis because I chose to watch the media and I certainly don't need a map showing me where the character currently is.

You can already do this with your smartphone, you don't need the microsoft software to visit IMDB.

Sony are going to be showing off four new IP's (at least), Playstation Allstars Battle Royale, LBP Karting (arguably not new IP, but it's new genre for brand) Last of Us and Beyond.

I think the gamers are getting a bit fed up with each MS E3 being exactly the same for games, Halo x, GoW x, and here's some timed-exclusive DLC with these multiplatform games. Whatever happened to RARE? As much as nuts and bolts polarized everyone, there's a chance for a new platformer (if they can still even make a platformer with whatever devs they have left).

if LBP Karting counts as "new IP/genre" what's wrong with Forza Horizon? heck even Halo 4 is brand new then. Although MS could've elaborated more on the "matter" and that Loco thing.

Sony are going to be showing off four new IP's (at least), Playstation Allstars Battle Royale, LBP Karting (arguably not new IP, but it's new genre for brand) Last of Us and Beyond.

I think the gamers are getting a bit fed up with each MS E3 being exactly the same for games, Halo x, GoW x, and here's some timed-exclusive DLC with these multiplatform games. Whatever happened to RARE? As much as nuts and bolts polarized everyone, there's a chance for a new platformer (if they can still even make a platformer with whatever devs they have left).

Biggest crime though was some of the announced titles only got a trailer reel (Gears of War/Forza Horizon). Should be having on-stage demos.

Rare died years ago, when microsoft bought them. As that's when they decided to completely stop making games worth buying, or simply even playing a demo of.

if LBP Karting counts as "new IP/genre" what's wrong with Forza Horizon? heck even Halo 4 is brand new then. Although MS could've elaborated more on the "matter" and that Loco thing.

The problem is Microsoft events are always cut and paste jobs, every year you see a new halo, a new gears of war, maybe a new fable, then they babble on about kinect and media integration.

Hi,

This is kinda a weird question but does anything have a screenshot of the http://www.e3companion.com/ webpage, I'm currently redesigning my portfolio to use metro elements and have been collecting images that follow metro and I really like the webpage they used.

Thanks, Ben

It might come back online when the recording goes online.

The problem is Microsoft events are always cut and paste jobs, every year you see a new halo, a new gears of war, maybe a new fable, then they babble on about kinect and media integration.

Because that stuff is just as important as any game these days.... their stats are telling them that.

LOL that's kind of true but Sony and Nintendo aren't doing much better (going by predictions).

It might come back online when the recording goes online.

Thanks, hopefully it will.

Well the core gameplay of Forza Horizon is still going to be racing, the core gameplay of LBP has never been racing. As I said though it's not really clear cut to call it a new IP, but it's a fairly large change in direction for the brand. Kind of like Mario 64, then Mario Tennis, Mario Golf and the list goes on.

I almost forgot about Horizon though since yet AGAIN, MS did not do an on-stage demo, just gave it a few minutes in some trailer reel.

Still, at least it's something different, and it looks pretty decent (but no gameplay...).

Was rather underwhelmed with that presentation, though it's made me realise how games are starting too look so much alike now these days... and they all seem to have a hint of CoD to them. I thought that Splinter Cell demo was CoD at first too :p. Still, the new dashboard looks a little more efficient so that's nice (:

I thought that Splinter Cell demo was CoD at first too :p.

You are not alone :p

Also forgot to mention, WTF was that Wreckateer thing? Angry Birds Kinect? :laugh:

Games coming mid 2013 or around there aren't going to get demos now, it's too early in development to show anything I'd say, unless you want them to put up alpha gameplay and then have you guys turn around and say, it looks so bad!!! lololololol!

I agree the new Splinter Cell looked a bit more CoD cuz of it's setting mostly, but I expect they actually did up the stealth in it compared to conviction at least as far as level design goes. But a stealth only demo is on the boring side, specially at e3 were all the games video or demo things exploding, getting shot up, or hacked to peaces. I did like the new mechanics though, looks like you'll finally be able to move around the level a bit more like you can in Assassins Creed, which always makes things interesting imo.

So I missed the beginning with Halo 04, and I think I just watched it online, not sure. Was most of the trailer real life actors and then the last 15 or so seconds featured hectic shots of gameplay? or did they actually show more gameplay somewhere else?

This is the video I am talking about...

Is that all that was shown in regards to Halo 04 gameplay wise?

So I missed the beginning with Halo 04, and I think I just watched it online, not sure. Was most of the trailer real life actors and then the last 15 or so seconds featured hectic shots of gameplay? or did they actually show more gameplay somewhere else?

that was it. Plus they showed some towards the end when they were showing the glass surface stuff (glad I stopped caring about anything Halo after the 1st one)

that was it. Plus they showed some towards the end when they were showing the glass surface stuff (glad I stopped caring about anything Halo after the 1st one)

Thanks.

Thought I missed something based on some of the ecstatic responses, but clearly I did not. Halo 04 is going to be a live action game that features some computer generated graphics apparently. :rofl:

So I just saw Xbox Music's promo video and it seems they've still kept the "hip marketing" dumbass who ruined Zune's marketing. :/

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/music

Thanks.

Thought I missed something based on some of the ecstatic responses, but clearly I did not. Halo 04 is going to be a live action game that features some computer generated graphics apparently. :rofl:

There was an actual campaign gameplay with MC fighting with 3 new enemies and covenants that was showed during the presentation. I don't have a link handy.

Edit: here you go

They showed quite a bit of Halo 4 Gameplay -- like 5 minutes worth.

• Like 1

Thanks.

No, you missed something. There was a lengthy amount of gameplay to open the conference.

What a load of garbage that presentation was, it was more about media than it was gaming at a GAMING event.

I'm so excited for Splinter Cell I'm glad the rumours were true it looks like a hybrid of old and new with a bit of assassins creed traversal included, Tomb Raider looks gorgeous and not being a fan of blops, i think blops2 looks amazing.

E3 = Electronic Entertainment Expo

Its not called EGE..

E3 = Electronic Entertainment Expo

Its not called EGE..

Which was created as a VIDEOGAME trade show.

CES is the best place to show off all the media features.