Microsoft E3 2012 Presentation

Xbox Music didn't give much info. Does Zune Pass just get renamed to Xbox Music Pass and the service stays the same? Seemed to be the case, but who knows...

since zune pass works on the now unbranded music and media in latest consumer preview and they're still giving away 30 day trials, i'm guessing it will be re-branded and migrated over as well.

Xbox Music didn't give much info. Does Zune Pass just get renamed to Xbox Music Pass and the service stays the same? Seemed to be the case, but who knows...

That's what it is, nothing much else to say about it. They just dropped the Zune name.

looks like smartglass will kill what the Wii U was trying to one up the market with.. Being able to use your own full featured tablet to have similar functionality in game and out of game. amazing :)

That's what it is, nothing much else to say about it. They just dropped the Zune name.

That's not what the rumors have said.

That's not what the rumors have said.

bad rumors then? since zunepass works in latest consumer preview, why would they fix and enhance the functionality if they're killing it?

Where are the games?

Same line up from last few E3s from Microsoft, nothing new. It's just marketing after marketing for media and franchise conglomerates

looks like smartglass will kill what the Wii U was trying to one up the market with.. Being able to use your own full featured tablet to have similar functionality in game and out of game. amazing :)

Exactly, they just outdid the WiiU controller. The fact you can use any device you want makes all the difference IMO.

bad rumors then? since zunepass works in latest consumer preview, why would they fix and enhance the functionality if they're killing it?

Because it's not a successful service and because they could make more money from a new functionality that's been rumored. There's plenty of functionality that's still changing with Microsoft products and services in the previews.

saw splinter cell, fable, halo, forza, madden, fifa, tomb raider.... and isnt still going?

So not a single new IP yet. and only another 35 minutes of the conference for MS.

Also. Smart Glass is not even in the same realm as WiiU tablet.

WiiU Gamepad = Gaming device..

Xbox Smart Glass is used for everything.

saw splinter cell, fable, halo, forza, madden, fifa, tomb raider.... and isnt still going?

The first 3 are all going to attract the cod crowd (they don't count), forza (maybe), madden, fifa (same rehashed EA garbage)

Tomb Raider is only game attracting my attention and it's multi platform

New Tomb Raider game is so far my favorite part of everything. Looks like they are taking lessons from Uncharted and stepping it up for sure. Nice.

Other than that, IE stuff is interesting for sure, think I may be able to get an Xbox with Kinect at work just because of it.

Did anyone notice that, in the live play of the new Tomb Raider reboot, an enemy took an arrow to the knee early on? :shifty:

So not a single new IP yet. and only another 35 minutes of the conference for MS.

Which makes Smart Glass, if used by devs right, a way more interesting setup.

didnt know a new ip was a requirement. the last "new ip" that I enjoyed was probably Uncharted... so as long as the "old ips" are good... i dont care

Because it's not a successful service and because they could make more money from a new functionality that's been rumored. There's plenty of functionality that's still changing with Microsoft products and services in the previews.

New functionality is rumored yeah, but just because the hardware flopped doesn't mean MS isn't in the long run for subscription music services.

and now your new IP..

i can't believe people are so stubborn to not be impressed by the polished products we're getting this year.

Is Matter Portal Pinball? :laugh:

I truly hate the vague trailers, gameplay for that game and Loco Cycle or whatever it was called can literally be anything.

Well I am most excited for IE and SmartGlass, Forza looks cool and is being made as a more casual/arcade racer and looks to out do Burnout and Need for Speed hands down. Halo 4 looks pretty impressive as well as well as RE: 6 and Splinter Cell.