This was the "next Gen" game right? I thought I read a headline saying someone had shown one. As far as what was demoed the controller looked to be the ps3 one.

This game looks bad ass and I plan to buy day 1.

This was the "next Gen" game right? I thought I read a headline saying someone had shown one. As far as what was demoed the controller looked to be the ps3 one.

This game looks bad ass and I plan to buy day 1.

No it's current gen, the press release thing Ubisoft put out states PC (DX11 lead), PS3 and Xbox 360. Wii U isn't mentioned, but I'd guess a release there as well?

No it's current gen, the press release thing Ubisoft put out states PC (DX11 lead), PS3 and Xbox 360. Wii U isn't mentioned, but I'd guess a release there as well?

Well ****, then that was a PC demo on a 360 pad. Got a closer look at the controller and saw the color layout of the buttons. I would hate to see to large of a difference on the consoles.

Well ****, then that was a PC demo on a 360 pad. Got a closer look at the controller and saw the color layout of the buttons. I would hate to see to large of a difference on the consoles.

I doubt there will be a large difference between the consoles. In fact Ubisoft is one of the better developers in making sure there games run stellar on the consoles IMO.

Case in point, all of the Assassins Creed footage they have shown this week has actually been on the PS3, the console that was once "notoriously bad" for developers, and just based on my experience with AC Revelations and the latest Ghost Recon Future Warrior, both of which I played on the PS3, I have the utmost of faith in Ubisoft and what they are able to accomplish on the consoles.

The graphics looked better than what consoles are capable of. I would've be extremely surprised if it was running on an Xbox 360 or PS3. It's confirmed that the demo was running on a high-end PC (see here).

This is the interview referenced in the article:

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-multiplayer-e3-2013-preview/

Aiden Pearce will surprise you ? and not just for the obvious reasons. We captured some spectacular new Watch Dogs details in our E3 single-player reveal (See: Watch Dogs ? Sneaking, Jamming and a Grenade Launcher), but the biggest surprise of all is the multiplayer.We knew it was coming, but we had no idea that it had already begun. Ten minutes into a gameplay demo (chronicled in our other story), we see an alert on-screen saying Aiden is being hacked. Quickly, the number jumps to 14% infiltration, and Aiden must jump into action. He uses his Profiler app to search for whoever?s installing a virus onto his phone.

Looking around, we see blue X?s on everyone we profile, and the infiltration percentage continues to tick higher and higher. With time running out, Aiden hacks a camera to scan a wider range, and he spots a suspicious-looking NPC crouching in a nearby alley. Aiden sets off to stop him, a chase ensues, and then a firefight. In this particular demo, Aiden ends up shooting the hacker, thus stopping his malicious virus install.

And then the lights go up.

The lights, in this case, are from another room in our behind-closed-doors demo at E3 2013. Animation director Colin Graham, who was playing the game for us, points to his co-worker, also playing the game, now visible through a previously darkened window. That was no NPC, after all. This is Watch Dogs multiplayer in action.

Seems to run something along the lines of Demon's Souls.

I figured it would be a merger of SP and MP. It would've been weird to switch into a different game mode in an open-world game.

• 1 month later...

Is there some reason, perhaps just trying to impress onlookers with impressive graphics but.. to use a high end PC to show a console game???

Are they kidding? No wonder UBISOFT sucks so bad. They like to impress with pretty graphics but lousy game titles. look how bad Ghost Recon went.

I don't trust UBISOFT. they absolutely hate the PC crowd. Since Ghost recon 2001, We have never been dealt with on an honest level, kept in the dark, lied to, and they can't even patch the games to work. one patch may fix what was wrong with the game before then, that patch opens up a slew of new problems that have to be patched.

They can't even tell gamers after months of waiting, when the patch is coming or any updates. Ghost Recon:Future Soldier is a terrible port, lousy network coding for online play and issues that haven't been addressed since it released. At one point, they started using the same canned responses for reporting issues and PR

PR: we are sorry you're having issues and we have our developers actively working to fix the problem

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused. Is that bit at the end multiplayer?

As in the hacker was another player? If so, that is very cool.

Yeah the Hacker is another player. What my question is though, if there is a way you can turn that off. I don't want random people coming into my game. It's cool, but I think it will become very annoying. 

Nice! I wasn't interested in this game, but now I'll keep an eye on it.

Yeah the Hacker is another player. What my question is though, if there is a way you can turn that off. I don't want random people coming into my game. It's cool, but I think it will become very annoying. 

I'm sure there will be. I don't think it'll be as unforgiving as Dark Souls and not let you switch it off.

If it works as well as it did in that video. It could be very cool.