You're supposed to just distract them or get behind them...i was totally drunk while playing this part and it was easy, just don't get close to anyone.

What a monster you've become! Games have ruined your morality. All that aside, i refuse to hurt anyone if i can help it. Figured driving will be the problem, always end up running pedestrians over in open world games...but will do my best! Keep in mind i've only clocked an hour...and that was the intro mission and the first tower near Niko's first apartment, i mean Aiden's first hideout. Except i can't change channels on the TV with RB/LB for some odd reason. Rockstar getting lazy. Oh sorry!

I'm a Saint despite stealing well over $500,000 from mostly cancer patients. Because I occasionally chase down and beat up someone who had the audacity to rob someone too  :rofl:

• Like 1

This is what happened, let me drop some knowledge on you.

First: Ubisoft never went to Chicago, they opened Google Maps.  Then they did Streetview so they can say they were "there" many times.  This is why there's no CTA underground or Grant Park Parking, they never came across the entrances.  They assumed almost 1 million people move a day on the L train.  The other reason is because the floor of the entire map is water, I know because I fell through the map.

Then they found it.  They looked, they saw, the spouting... WILLIS TOWER!   Thats right, they called it the Willis Tower.  For the remainder of development they will continually mispronounce the tower's true name.

Now onto the real issue, the map.  They looked at just the loop and noticed that downtown Chicago is REALLY big.  "Screw that!"  yelled one dev, "If we made just the loop, we'd have to program each intersection with Aiden's l33t hold down to hack ability".  Finally, they looked at each other and, "aha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"  "Hell No!"

So then they started looking at ways to tear up the city.  They scrolled up and saw Lincoln Park.  They noticed all the sidewalks in the park and mistaken it for a mountain range.  "Wow I never knew Chicago was so hilly!"  Then they saw Navy Pier and were like, "Navy... Pier?  Hm... I'm sure nothing happens there!  Lets just make it really bland.  Navy Pier... nobody would go there except the navy anyways!"

Finally, they scrolled down some more and looked at soldier field.  "Like we have time to model all these columns!  PS4 and Xbone couldn't handle this amount of detail anyways, even with the cloud!  And we're just gonna make a ###### port to PC so lets cut that annnnnd put a bridge that goes to a random suburbs.  Infact lets surround the loop... heeheehee we're so Chicagoian right now!  I just said Loop!  And Willis Tower!  Aha.. ha... anyways lets surround the loop *smirks* with the suburbs, um... cut out the John Hancock because why the hell not...  Let's completely ignore Wrigleyville and Wrigley Field and make our own field and have them winning keekekekeekee.  Okay off to work!"

Your close but far away :p

http://www.vividsydney.com/events/ubisoft-montreal-presents-developing-games-from-indie-to-blockbuster-child-of-light-watch-dogs

I actually met the lead story developer for Watch Dogs last Sunday and last Wednesday and he said that while the basic geography for Watch_Dogs is there, what isn't there is due to one word: Copyright. 

It would of cost Ubisoft ALOT of money to accuracy recreate Chicago, and they stated that they could never fit in street by street, house by house recreation anyway, as it wouldn't make the game playable - mission wise. Same thing happened with GTAV and LA - I don't remember LA being on a island... Chicago in WD is the same, its all encompassed so you stay within the confines of the game. 

That said, mission wise im happy with it, there's a lot to do, and plenty of side mission and things to find. My gripe is that once you unlock the CTos towers, all the secrets show up on your map, making finding them less about exploring and more about 'how the #### do i get there to get that?'

Graphically its pretty much what I expected on the PS4, its fast, responsive and looks beautiful. Im sure PC blows it outta the water. 

I think thats all :)

I leave you all with this: 

906571_786433234720241_19237752356018775

http://www.vividsydney.com/events/ubisoft-montreal-presents-developing-games-from-indie-to-blockbuster-child-of-light-watch-dogs

I actually met the lead story developer for Watch Dogs last Sunday and last Wednesday and he said that while the basic geography for Watch_Dogs is there, what isn't there is due to one word: Copyright. 

It would of cost Ubisoft ALOT of money to accuracy recreate Chicago, and they stated that they could never fit in street by street, house by house recreation anyway, as it wouldn't make the game playable - mission wise. Same thing happened with GTAV and LA - I don't remember LA being on a island... Chicago in WD is the same, its all encompassed so you stay within the confines of the game. 

That said, mission wise im happy with it, there's a lot to do, and plenty of side mission and things to find. My gripe is that once you unlock the CTos towers, all the secrets show up on your map, making finding them less about exploring and more about 'how the #### do i get there to get that?'

Graphically its pretty much what I expected on the PS4, its fast, responsive and looks beautiful. Im sure PC blows it outta the water. 

I leave you all with this: 

906571_786433234720241_19237752356018775

I don't for 1 second buy this copyright BS.  Ubi could easily make a model "close enough" to a render of Soldier Field and simply just called it "The Field".  Not only would Soldier Field not own the likeness of the model, the name is also just generic.  Hell Midtown Fricken Madness had soldier field, and the other notable tall skyscrapers in it.  I guarantee they didn't make a single phone call.

How would the missions not be playable?

But GTAV isn't LA, its Los Santos.  True Crime: Streets of LA was Los Angeles, you could use a real map and get around.   They threw in generalized building between actual locations, thats fine.

In 5 years development I would've expected more than this.  Graphically it was supposed to look much better but then they forgot, Oh yeah!  We're doing consolefirst so we have to dumb down everything. 

now we're left with this 
  • Like 1

now we're left with this 

If you even played the game you would know half the stuff in that video is false anyway. 

• Like 3

So damn hard to escape the police. Once you think you're free, they start the scanners, and then after the normal scanner they start a scanner that expands. I kinda like the idea of it because it makes it a bit harder to get away, and more skill is required.

I just wish i could resolve the FPS drop when police are around. I shouldn't stay FPS drop, more like game puasing/freezing/laggin. lol

Other than that i get pretty good FPS on high/ultra gfx.

So damn hard to escape the police. Once you think you're free, they start the scanners, and then after the normal scanner they start a scanner that expands. I kinda like the idea of it because it makes it a bit harder to get away, and more skill is required.

I just wish i could resolve the FPS drop when police are around. I shouldn't stay FPS drop, more like game puasing/freezing/laggin. lol

Other than that i get pretty good FPS on high/ultra gfx.

Just jump in the water or get on the train.

It's not hard to escape, use traffic lights/ blockers to escape. simple

You've not been chased by a chopper with 3 plus wanted level yet have you :)

• Like 2

You've not been chased by a chopper with 3 plus wanted level yet have you :)

I stand there and kill the cops until i have lots on me. Then I go lose them. Simples

I'm a Saint despite stealing well over $500,000 from mostly cancer patients. Because I occasionally chase down and beat up someone who had the audacity to rob someone too  :rofl:

Don't worry about it, this isn't Chicago so feel free to do whatever you want. Did like three hours and while a decent experience, this is not Chicago. Will still avoid shooting cops, but the Blume guys get it right in the dome, diagnosed with Parkinson's or not.

You met the lead story developer? And he said the basic geography is there? WHAT? Next time you meet him tell him he's a dumbass, with all due respect to the talents of the team. Then thank him for making games, but then later remind him that he's a dumbass. Basic geography? Chicago isn't an island and doesn't have hills, that would be Montreal.

Kalint speaks the truth 100%, fair use says you can put most of a city in a game or a movie. Ubi actually lied in promotional materials because screenshots clearly depicted Chicago street names like Congress Parkway, while the real game has no street signs at all. Neighborhoods are made up, train stations are mis-represented: it's not Clark Lake, it's Clark/Lake - not an actual lake but an intersection. However, they did get the CTA gong pretty accurate.

Sorry Anarkii, not jumping down your throat but as Kalint pointed out your GTA V example is the exact reason why we're upset. Rockstar have the common sense to place their stories and games in fictional parodies of actual places. Ubi's effort is therefore kinda stupid when you think about it. Why even call it Chicago? And it's also disrespectful, because all of the locations or city spots you discover are made up, but may give people the impression that they're real - because in the AC games they are generally real.

I almost gave up playing when I first stepped into an "L train" station and watched in horror as this abomination of a map manifested itself:

post-121333-0-44648200-1401500370.jpg

Anyway, it's a decent game and I like Aiden, I don't find him clich?d or boring, actually the supporting cast is that, he's sort of interesting in a grumpy and monotone way, just like Connor. But have to say this is a major downer compared to what we were expecting. To think this was the flagship "next gen" game...heh heh kinda funny in retrospect.

Wtf is that? Haha, my brother lives in Chicago and I visit fairly frequently only being 2ish hours away in Madison WI. Maybe they're in the future where Chicago becomes so dense it just breaks off the mainland and floats in pieces into Lake Michigan :laugh:

• Like 1

Wtf is that? Haha, my brother lives in Chicago and I visit fairly frequently only being 2ish hours away in Madison WI. Maybe they're in the future where Chicago becomes so dense it just breaks off the mainland and floats in pieces into Lake Michigan :laugh:

Show this to you bro and hear him upchuck his dinner. Chicago has the easiest map in the world to recreate. One half generic, flat, and boring landmass. One half tepid, polluted, and generic lake.

How hard is that to do? What's with all the islands and splinters? Maybe it's a post apocalyptic Chicago.

Didn't realize you're in Madison, or maybe forgot, because you mentioned it before I think regarding school heh heh, I have the memory of a slug. Good thing i'm not in charge of rendering world maps. Anyway, send my regards to your brother the Chicagoan next time you talk/meet, and hope he doesn't play Watch Dogs :D

is it impossible to lose the cops when driving a stolen cop car? didn't try enough,but they were riding me pretty hard.

It's also impossible to escape if you stole a really slow car.

• Like 1

is it impossible to lose the cops when driving a stolen cop car? didn't try enough,but they were riding me pretty hard.

Depends on what skills you have, some blackouts and raised bridges help.

It's not hard to escape, use traffic lights/ blockers to escape. simple

escaping them isnt the hard part, avoiding the scanners is.

But not impossible.

I was making the comparison that its much more complicated than in GTa, which people seem to compare this game to.

escaping them isnt the hard part, avoiding the scanners is.

But not impossible.

I was making the comparison that its much more complicated than in GTa, which people seem to compare this game to.

Oh yes it's a lot harder to get away than GTA :D

Well I finally got out of the ballpark and got the car that was left for me in the garage. My mission is to escape the police but I just drive around for hours and the chase just goes on and on. What am I missing? Is there a place I am supposed to get to and then get out of the gar and go into?

• Like 1

Nope. I did it on a mission yesterday. Stole a cop car and got away relatively easy. Considering how some chases can go.

10408008_1484375188464748_24489441030738

Look ma, no legs!

I'd like this but it's not nice to make fun of this topic and the disabled...where the hell are his legs?! :s he looks like a penguin

Well I finally got out of the ballpark and got the car that was left for me in the garage. My mission is to escape the police but I just drive around for hours and the chase just goes on and on. What am I missing? Is there a place I am supposed to get to and then get out of the gar and go into?

LOL pat, you're awesome, you're even slower than me - took you three days to do the tutorial :D just go to the yellow marker on the map marked campaign, come on!

I picked up the game on launch day for the xbox one. It's exactly what I wanted it to be - a time consuming, great looking, fun game. If you are bored with your launch titles and are looking for some thing new to play, I recommend picking it up.