It's about time some commercial software started taking advantage of all the power on users' desktops. Funny thing, all those x86-x64 systems with 8GB Ram that have been upgraded over the years to overpower poorly written 32-bit software would be powerhouses now...

I entered into x86-x64 when vista first came out... on a Inspiron 1501 with only 1 GB of RAM (dual core @1.8 GHz) Never looked back at x86. What I did however was to upgrade to 4 GB of RAM, oh the memories and responsiveness of such laptop, which hold very well from XP to Win 7 (Had to downgrade to the very first versions of my BIOS because I had an strange problem where the video would corrupt with newer BIOS versions)

Had my i7 system for like 3 years now and will probably getting a 280x or 290 (pends on price), glad to finally see the games are using are powerful systems. Should make the games far far more immersive with the extra horsepower now being utilized. Guess the i5 is MORE than enough for gaming comment might be coming to a close in the next few years :D

I remember games used to come written in the pages of a magazine and we had to type the code in manually for hours if not days before we got to play them and only required 8k of ram or 16k if you were posh.

Hah been there, mostly text adventures out of some magazine.. can't remember what it was called, was looong ago, had stuff by Scott Adams, etc. 

It's Ubisoft what people did expect? Ubisoft is on my blacklist as far as PC gaming is concerned.

That's a huge loss, as games like Far Cry 2 and 3 are amongst some of the best PC gaming experiences out there. They have supported the PC properly whilst most others have simply given lip service. There was a period when their games had obnoxious limited-activation DRM and always-on DRM but that has now passed.

they better be fully optimize for the PC! if not all the discussion of next generation console share a similar architecture will finally benefit PC is completely nonsense especially john carmack even jump on the bandwagon the days of bad pc port is over. If this watch dogs turns out to be one of worst port ever and require insane pc component in order to run smoothly it will be one of the biggest joke of having AMD GPU inside the next generation console 

That's a huge loss, as games like Far Cry 2 and 3 are amongst some of the best PC gaming experiences out there. They have supported the PC properly whilst most others have simply given lip service. There was a period when their games had obnoxious limited-activation DRM and always-on DRM but that has now passed.

My only problem with Ubi is their lame oldschool patching system for Uplay/retail games.  I'd love to buy direct, but I get a far better experience through Steam.

Realistically 64-bit isn't necessary for games it just means they're actually going to NEED that much in ram all at once instead of using streaming technologies that they had been using.  (Yes I know 64-bit isn't just about amount of ram, but thats really all that applies for a game)

Quite interesting that an intel card managed to get into the recommended requirements.

Part of my fear about it being a terrible port.  Recommends an almost enthusiast class CPU, yet the GPU requirements by comparison are weak.  It's like the CPU will be doing the brunt of the word, something which is typically associated with games that are terribly optimised.

Realistically 64-bit isn't necessary for games it just means they're actually going to NEED that much in ram all at once instead of using streaming technologies that they had been using.  (Yes I know 64-bit isn't just about amount of ram, but thats really all that applies for a game)

Actually no, in the case of games there's other significant performance advantages to 64 bit. 

Part of my fear about it being a terrible port.  Recommends an almost enthusiast class CPU, yet the GPU requirements by comparison are weak.  It's like the CPU will be doing the brunt of the word, something which is typically associated with games that are terribly optimised.

The GPU in the Xbox One and PS4 is a few generations behind what we have now, so I'm not surprised about the system requirements.

they better be fully optimize for the PC! if not all the discussion of next generation console share a similar architecture will finally benefit PC is completely nonsense especially john carmack even jump on the bandwagon the days of bad pc port is over. If this watch dogs turns out to be one of worst port ever and require insane pc component in order to run smoothly it will be one of the biggest joke of having AMD GPU inside the next generation console 

Cant put the blame on the AMD GPU, cus it would be just as "rubbish" if it had an nvidia GPU in it cus of the amount there willing to pay for the part

Actually no, in the case of games there's other significant performance advantages to 64 bit. 

Such as what?  Other than in case of *nix where you wouldn't need to run multiarch then.

Well, looks like I won't be getting it for PC.. PS4 quite possibly.. but my PC isn't up to snuff.  Can run most games no problem.. but I am limited to 4GB of ram.  Mobo only supports 4x 1GB

The GPU in the Xbox One and PS4 is a few generations behind what we have now, so I'm not surprised about the system requirements.

and how do you figure that the GPU for example in the  PS4 is a few generations behind  it is Directx 11+  based 

and how do you figure that the GPU for example in the  PS4 is a few generations behind  it is Directx 11+  based 

I think he meant in terms of power.  A few GPU generations ago, it would be top end.  Compared to today, it's in the mid-range bracket.

I think he meant in terms of power.  A few GPU generations ago, it would be top end.  Compared to today, it's in the mid-range bracket.

the GPU in the PS4 has plenty of power  it is 1.843 teraFlops   170gb/s bandwidth or so     1152 shader cores so i call that  just what we currently have 

64bit tends to be about 10% faster if coded well so 64bit windows requirement is a good idea, especially as very few people using vista/7/8 are using 32bit. 6gb is excessive for minimum requirements though, 4gb would allow many more gamers to play those games.

Before people say memory is really cheap though, well ddr3 is indeed cheap, ddr2 is NOT cheap, not everyone has a newer mobo that uses ddr3. Most desktops and laptops come with 3gb/4gb so those who don't know how to upgrade memory won't be able to play either.

Financially this is a bad decision i think, less gamers = less money.

the GPU in the PS4 has plenty of power  it is 1.843 teraFlops   170gb/s bandwidth or so     1152 shader cores so i call that  just what we currently have

I would have thought your history with the WiiU would have thought you not to rely on numbers...

I would have thought your history with the WiiU would have thought you not to rely on numbers...

that isa true  but when others say the stuff is oudated as some other forums it  feels as tho they dont think the PS4 is that much  up from the current PS3   

The architectures in both consoles are far and beyond anything we've seen in PC bar Mantle, which actually takes most of its ideas from the X1 & PS4 (True Audio, lower level API).

The raw numbers doesn't mean better performance in every way, I don't want to have to use the word balance here.

The console advancements really are starting to show in the PC world, something PC gamers ('master race') should appreciate.

something PC gamers should appreciate.

True dat.  It felt weird to have an ecosystem years ahead of the 360/PS3 in hardware held back by basic things that shouldn't even be a problem anymore.

Financially this is a bad decision i think, less gamers = less money.

Anything less and they'd be selling a worse version to PC gamers than they have on the Xbox One and PS4.  I don't think that'd go over so well.

People act like its new and some are raging over 4+ core usage. Euh btw pc gamer use to get the best hardware put to shame by new console release, wont be the case here.. And there already more graphics option in watchdog on the pc version that the xbox one and ps4 wont have so..

Well, looks like I won't be getting it for PC.. PS4 quite possibly.. but my PC isn't up to snuff.  Can run most games no problem.. but I am limited to 4GB of ram.  Mobo only supports 4x 1GB

What motherboard supports a 64 bit CPU but only 4 GB of RAM?