What the hell? The generation went from strongest launch lineup ever to the usual hit and miss. So now its basically Killzone and Driveclub for PS4 day one. This is very disappointing from a gaming point of view.

One game doesn't kill the lineup, still the best lineup since consoles went 3D. I don't have time to play all these games anyway. 

Sure, I hate to see the game delayed, and would have bought it at launch if it was there.

But if it's not there, well there's to many other good games for me to play to care to much if it's not available. I don't have time to play all the good games anyway. 

Not that surprised to the honest. The last video I saw of it had the character break into a car by punching the window only for the window to remain unbroken after the animation.

So yeah, definitely needs some polish.

Meh, no big deal. I wasn't going to get it for the PS3 anyway, instead waiting for the PS4 version, so this doesn't affect me in any way. And I would rather that they take the time to polish it off rather than do what almost every other team seems to do, release a half-baked idea with a day-one patch to clear up the bugs that make the game unplayable.

Yeah if its not finished don't release it, simples! Why rush and release a game full of frustrating bugs and glitches when you can polish that bad boy and make a truly fine game a little later?

then explian the 2011 demo of it that had no console  tied to the game  the game is first PC then next gen including Wii U  and then current Gen 7th gen consoles   so  it is not gonna be a Port  unless you consider  a PC port to PC a port  then sure  

I just meant to say, if they have the game running on 360/ps3 in some way, they could surely provide settings for it to run fine on 4gb of ram.

In fact, I will damn near guarantee that this game will be pretty playable on 4gb of ram anyway, with some occasional stutter in certain instances. 

If it's a crap port than a high end CPU may be necessary even on low settings. Hopefully not. 

mATX Intel G41-chipset motherboards fall into this category if they only take DDR2 (example - ASUS P5G41-M LX2/GB - I have this mobo currently).  The CPU is Intel's Q6600 (not just x64, but quad-core to boot); however, the RAM is DDR2-800 (2GB x2).  If it took DDR3 (there *is* a DDR3 version of this board, with the same chipset) I would not be so *stuck*.  The issue is the type of RAM and the MCH, as 4GB DDR2 DIMMs, when they were available, have always been pricier than their faster DDR3 relatives - it makes more sense to change sockets altogether than to purchase another motherboard in what is basically a dead socket.

A setup like this really shouldn't be expected to play any new games, your pushing below "low end". 

What the hell? The generation went from strongest launch lineup ever to the usual hit and miss. So now its basically Killzone and Driveclub for PS4 day one. This is very disappointing from a gaming point of view.

Don't know about Killzone, but DriveClub was delayed not that long ago: https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1182865-driveclub-officially-delayed-until-2014-sony-confirms/

this is mad ! and to think of all the digital retailers selling pre-orders already ! glad I didn't pre-order..

I pre-ordered the ps4 before I knew when it would launch.. just because something gets delayed doesn't mean don't pre-order it.  I pre-ordered destiny.. I have no clue when it will launch.

• 1 month later...

A setup like this really shouldn't be expected to play any new games, your pushing below "low end". 

IN whose opinion, sir?  Never mind that the same setup runs BF4 or even NFS Rivals (their x64 executables, no less) with little issue from the CPU end.

I'm not saying that this isn't old hardware - I stipulated that the setup is, in fact, DEAD (as in no longer manufactured) hardware.

However (and this has been my point, with this thread and the similar thread regarding NFS Rivals) it has taken exactly how long for x64 to be leveraged properly by a mainstream game?

Look at how long it has been since x64 has been in the mainstream - note that even Q6600 didn't lead that.

And despite how long it has been since merely the first x64 P4 (let alone Athlon64 and Opteron) the first x64 operating systems had to be given away.  (Note that I'm referring to Windows XP Professional x64 Edition - it was NEVER sold even via the OEM channel.)

The x64 application push came during the Vista era - to a whimper.  (Microsoft Office 2010 x64 was the first x64 productivity suite - and it was basically a yawnfest.)

x32 gaming didn't push RAM utilization - mostly because it can't.  (Even within an x64 based flavor of Windows, an x32 application - or x32 game - is limited to 4 GB of RAM.  Most gamers don't run even other applications - let alone other games - while playing a game; that means if you have even 8 GB of RAM - let alone even more - what is the rest of your system doing while you're gaming?  Typically, it's loafing - by force.)

Back when this motherboard was designed and built, x64 was an outlier - when it comes to gaming, it's still largely is an outlier.  How well will Watch Dogs be received - remember, unlike BF4 or Rivals, there is no x32 option whatever.

(Here's a rather surprising fact - Watch Dogs is the first game OR application to have a FLOOR greater than 4 GB of RAM; to put that in perspective, the floor for Watch Dogs is twice the recommendation for either the current RTM or beta of Microsoft SQL Server - in both cases, it's 3 GB of RAM.)

In a real sense, Watch Dogs is,  even among x64 games, a major outlier (by having no x32 option).  It's not Waterfox (the x64-compiled Firefox) or even Word, let alone Rivals or BF4.

While quite a number of us (and that includes me) would really like to say "It's about time!", how well the game actually acts when it releases will be the proof of that.

And even INCLUDING Watch Dogs, do you realize that the number of x64 games for Windows out there will still be countable on one hand?

BF4 can be forced to run on very low settings, and NFS is a bad console port so the bad resource usage (Where it uses too little) is to be expected (GTA4 had a similar issue, throwing more CPU/RAM at it didn't help)

I just meant to say, if they have the game running on 360/ps3 in some way, they could surely provide settings for it to run fine on 4gb of ram.

In fact, I will damn near guarantee that this game will be pretty playable on 4gb of ram anyway, with some occasional stutter in certain instances. 

If it's a crap port than a high end CPU may be necessary even on low settings. Hopefully not.

It's limited to hell and back on the 360/PS3 though, textures are very low res, you'd have simplified (and less) AI, etc.

I think this is just a case where due to higher specs on the next gen consoles, devs can simply code sloppy to take up as much resources with little to no optimization and footprint monitoring and reduction.

It isn't so much that the game features require these new specs and services, it's that they can throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks.

I suppose this could be considered a transition period? 64-bit will eventually be the common standard in PC gaming, this is just the early days of it.

Anyway, if you are part of the PC master race you need to expect (and are constantly demanding) the latest and greatest.

I think this is just a case where due to higher specs on the next gen consoles, devs can simply code sloppy to take up as much resources with little to no optimization and footprint monitoring and reduction.

It isn't so much that the game features require these new specs and services, it's that they can throw stuff against the wall and see what sticks.

Do you really believe that? You really believe BF4 on Ultra Settings, at 1080p, 60+fps doesn't require that? No dropped frames, screen tearing, or hiccups. Rather, it's because of sloppy code it won't run like that x32 on a i5 with 2GB ram and iGPU?