iOS 6 Confirmed

your patience is bloody impressive. i had 3g until 4S...couldn't put up with it any longer

Indeed. I upgraded from a first gen. iTouch to a 4th gen. I couldn't have been happier that day...

I still want an iPhone, and since 5 is rumored to be the last one designed by Steve Jobs, I have to get one!

too bad my phone is still 3G.... gonna wait for iphone 5!

Or the iPhone 6. Don't forget the next iPhone is the 6th iPhone. I could be wrong, but I'd find it very odd if they named the 6th iPhone, iPhone 5.

Also if they did call it iPhone 6, it'd tie in nicely with the version number of the new iOS.

Guys, the next iPhone will be called "the new iPhone", and every upcoming iPhone will be called "the new iPhone".

Apple is slowly removing versions names next to their products :

- iPad

- Apple TV

- Final Cut Pro

- iWork

- GarageBand

- iMovie

- iPhoto

- and on and on ?.

Their hardware has been like this forever :

- MacBook Air

- iMac

- Mac Pro

- Mac Mini

- MacBook

- MacBook Pro

- and on and on?

Or the iPhone 6. Don't forget the next iPhone is the 6th iPhone. I could be wrong, but I'd find it very odd if they named the 6th iPhone, iPhone 5.

Also if they did call it iPhone 6, it'd tie in nicely with the version number of the new iOS.

I agree - it annoys the hell out of me when articles refer to the iPhone 5 when we already have it!!!

What are the odds of my original iPad being dropped from the list of supported devices? :/

God I hope not, but I love the new icon as well.

I wonder what the chances are of getting iOS 6 on my Gen4 iPod touch? considering the Gen5 is basically identical I'm hoping it's a good chance...

It's the 6th Gen device but if they name it at all (which looks doubtful as has been previously pointed out above, Apple seems to be moving completely away from version numbers) it's logical to call it the iPhone 5, going from iPhone 4S to iPhone 6 seems odd I think..people will immediately think what happened to the iPhone 5? just because you and I know it's the 6th version of the device doesn't mean your average Joe does too.

What are the odds of my original iPad being dropped from the list of supported devices? :/

Pretty good based on the past, you'll be lucky if the 4S and the "next" iPad get full upgrades if at all

Is it just me or does that picture of the banner look totally fake? seems too, picture perfect, the banner is in perfect position no flaws.If you took out the background and took just the banner, you would think it is the actual image rendering, not a shot of a banner. And Apple are known for their security when setting up events to avoid sneak shots

It's the 6th Gen device but if they name it at all (which looks doubtful as has been previously pointed out above, Apple seems to be moving completely away from version numbers) it's logical to call it the iPhone 5, going from iPhone 4S to iPhone 6 seems odd I think..people will immediately think what happened to the iPhone 5? just because you and I know it's the 6th version of the device doesn't mean your average Joe does too.

Sure, the average user is an idiot, but it doesn't mean they have to call the iPhone 6 the iPhone 5, they could simply leave the version number off or call it something else (Similar to how the iPhone 5 was called the 4S)

Sure, the average user is an idiot, but it doesn't mean they have to call the iPhone 6 the iPhone 5, they could simply leave the version number off or call it something else (Similar to how the iPhone 5 was called the 4S)

You seem to be missing the point...people are saying that the gen 6 iPhone should be called the iPhone 6 because we already have the iPhone 5 (4S). I was just saying that since the gen 5 was named the 4S, logic dictates the successor most likely will be called the 5. Apple wouldn't just jump an entire number just to please hardcore fans. However, chances are it'll be simply called the "new iPhone".

You seem to be missing the point...people are saying that the gen 6 iPhone should be called the iPhone 6 because we already have the iPhone 5 (4S). I was just saying that since the gen 5 was named the 4S, logic dictates the successor most likely will be called the 5. Apple wouldn't just jump an entire number just to please hardcore fans. However, chances are it'll be simply called the "new iPhone".

I don't see how that logic works :laugh: Just because Apple called the iPhone 5 the iPhone 4S, doesn't mean they should then call the iPhone 6 the iPhone 5, you've got the same problem (And it compounds over time). It's got nothing to do with pleasing "hardcore fans", it's just being accurate.

But yeah, it'll probably just be called "iPhone" (Just like the iPad 3)

By that same reasoning then, not counting the "S" versions as new phones, iPhone 4 should've been called iPhone 3. Your "average Joe" is more intelligent than you think.

The world's most advanced mobile operating system. :s

They have some serious catch-up to do in order to say that with confidence. I hope they did check out Playbook 2.0 and Android 4 and WP7.5.... Live icons would be nice. Better task switching would be nice.