The Wii U Will Have 8GB Internal Memory,1.5GB RAM And Other Fun

As for the CPU in the system While it may be a Tri-core chip it is based off IBMs current Power 7 architecture so it be massive amounts faster in Performance per clock. The GPU while based on the R700 so rumors siad last year this is still huge leaps and bounds over what is in both the 360 and PS3 by miles so what we can see from developers i think can be huge . here is some screenshots from archkem city

WiiU_001.png

360_001.png

PS3_001.png

Just to be sure about what you're saying here.

you're saying you think those sreenshots are in some way impressive ?

Anything better than 360/ps3 graphics for a nintendo console is great. Now we can play mario and other titles in 1080p with highish quality graphics. Hopefully it will support .mkv and it is plausible that it could play bluray movies although that is unlikely. MS and Sony will probably release their consoles at christmas 2013, just 1yr after wii u.

None of the games they showed @ E3 were at 1080p. Disappointing, but I guess if they can do native 720p that's still better than what Xbox/PS3 can do.

Just to be sure about what you're saying here.

you're saying you think those sreenshots are in some way impressive ?

They are if you actually look at them side by side. Wii-U has much more detail and clarity. Plus motion blur it seems.

Anything better than 360/ps3 graphics for a nintendo console is great. Now we can play mario and other titles in 1080p with highish quality graphics

Wishing for Mario Galaxy in HD. Played it on dolphin on my PC in 1080p, freaking gorgeous. I hope they stick to their artistry rather than realism, which knowing Nintendo they will do.

None of the games they showed @ E3 were at 1080p. Disappointing, but I guess if they can do native 720p that's still better than what Xbox/PS3 can do.

Given the specs, it probably is possible to do native 1080p - if they don't render anything unique on the pad controller itself. Maybe some games will ignore the pad entirely and use the extra horsepower to up the res - though I care more about better textures than resolution, which should be coming thanks to the added RAM.

Anything better than 360/ps3 graphics for a nintendo console is great. Now we can play mario and other titles in 1080p with highish quality graphics. Hopefully it will support .mkv and it is plausible that it could play bluray movies although that is unlikely. MS and Sony will probably release their consoles at christmas 2013, just 1yr after wii u.

Honestly Mario looking good isn't the most impressive, other games looking good/better is what will be impressive, even though most of the performance will go towards 1080p over improved graphics and the fact any Wii U game will be developed to run primarily on the 360 and PS3 anyway.

At the quality of the Mario games, even the 360 and PS3 could run that at 1080p no problem.

I'll buy the Wii U(almost certainly) but mostly for Mario and Zelda games since I haven't played them for a long time so I need to catch up ont he Wii titles to (just keep the bastardized Cartoon Zelda games away from me). However if Games like Colonial marines force me to use the tablet to use the motion tracker instead of the on screen one that's in my actual characters arm being held up in his field of view with his actual arm blocking use of the gun, then I'll rather play a lower res lower quality version on my 360 or get the PC version.

What? Did you expect nintendo to pull a sony, put a high end(for the time) gpu into it, charge ~$600, and then proceed to lose a ton of money for the next several years?

That's not exactly a fair comparison, considering Bluray had a lot to do with the cost of the PS3. Didn't the core Xbox 360 package cost $300 USD?

It's not concerning because this is the beginning of the life cycle for the Wii U . Just like the beginning of the 360 cycle, it had crap looking games. Now look at them.

I'm not concerned with how the games look. I'm talking about when the next-gen Playstation and Xbox come out, if this will once again cause an issue where Nintendo doesn't get X games because of their hardware. It's about the longevity of the product overall.

And no, I'm not picking favorites here, as I was just as annoyed with the 360 debacle. I think Sony's the only one without issue, aside from their launch price. They've kept up in hardware and didn't have a massive failure rate like the 360. Though, I suppose that could be a good thing for Microsoft since their product was apparently good enough to buy multiple times without issue. :s Seriously, I've never heard of someone re-buying something 4 times until the 360 came along...

They are if you actually look at them side by side. Wii-U has much more detail and clarity. Plus motion blur it seems.

The major problem doesn't show anything the 360 or PS3 can't do. so it doesn't make sense, well except the FSAA, and well they can do that, but generally don't or do such a low degree they may as well not.

That's not exactly a fair comparison, considering Bluray had a lot to do with the cost of the PS3. Didn't the core Xbox 360 package cost $300 USD?

Cell developement also cost them a fair bit, possibly more than BD, however they made back a bit of the Cell(but not nearly all) by selling all of their rights and fabrication to Toshiba.

And no, I'm not picking favorites here, as I was just as annoyed with the 360 debacle. I think Sony's the only one without issue, aside from their launch price. They've kept up in hardware and didn't have a massive failure rate like the 360. Though, I suppose that could be a good thing for Microsoft since their product was apparently good enough to buy multiple times without issue. :s Seriously, I've never heard of someone re-buying something 4 times until the 360 came along...

hmmm... well, not entirely true is it ;)

The major problem doesn't show anything the 360 or PS3 can't do. so it doesn't make sense, well except the FSAA, and well they can do that, but generally don't or do such a low degree they may as well not.

Native 720p/1080p. 360/PS3 can't do. Some select games can. Very few and far between.

(just keep the bastardized Cartoon Zelda games away from me).

If you've never played the Wind Waker, you're probably missing out on a great appreciation for amazing artistry and gameplay. To this day, the visual style still holds itself even better than Skyward Sword, and has aged considerably better than Twilight Princess, the soundtrack happens to be the most memorable and catchy in the series (plenty of happy Celtic tunes going around) - and the sheer range of characters, side quests, locations, and personality in the characters is unmatched by any other Zelda game. You could bet your ass if they made another game with the same visual style on a console more powerful than a PS3, it'd probably be one of the most amazing looking games around, period.

I do worry how they'll handle the jump to HD though, though don't exactly seem amazingly concerned with using all that extra power to create highly intricate graphics or styles, but it's early days still. I really want some sort of achievement system though :p

• Like 2

Native 720p/1080p. 360/PS3 can't do. Some select games can. Very few and far between.

And the screenshot did not show native 1080, so... I also doubt that game runs at 1080 judging from the amount of AA and a very blurry type of AA at that use in that screenshot. I hope thta's not the best it can do and that it supports some of the newer less blurry types of AA

And the screenshot did not show native 1080, so... I also doubt that game runs at 1080 judging from the amount of AA and a very blurry type of AA at that use in that screenshot. I hope thta's not the best it can do and that it supports some of the newer less blurry types of AA

well the game deplys a much more realistic motion blur tech PS3 could not handle right and that is what your seeing plus the fact they use AA now also it was confirmed or so other site siad based on anylyz that some launch games will be 720p some will be 1080p but until it is confirmed i will wait

here is the anylyze of the games and such from E3 http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-wiiu-e3-2012

A technical perspective on Nintendo's big re-reveal.

hmmm... well, not entirely true is it ;)

What I mean is: the PS3s we have are running, still playing games being launched today. My brother's gone through four 360s, having only paid out of pocket twice. (doesn't have a working 360 anymore either). And the Wii just gathers dust since it's only used to play Nintendo titles mostly.

So yeah, if you look at how our money was invested, I'd say the PS3 gave us the better deal, and I'm not even counting how it doubles as a bluray player. I'm just going with the personal experience of everything. If you really want to know where my bias lies, it's with PC gaming. I'm just looking out as a consumer for the things my family will buy, that's all.

That's why I shared my concern in regards to whether the Wii U will actually be up to snuff this time around, as having a repeat of what happened this generation won't be fun. The one thing I have confidence in is Nintendo creating a console that won't break. There's a reason why folks say their gadgets are made of "Nintendium" when referring to durability after all.

What I mean is: the PS3s we have are running, still playing games being launched today. My brother's gone through four 360s, having only paid out of pocket twice. (doesn't have a working 360 anymore either). And the Wii just gathers dust since it's only used to play Nintendo titles mostly.

So yeah, if you look at how our money was invested, I'd say the PS3 gave us the better deal, and I'm not even counting how it doubles as a bluray player. I'm just going with the personal experience of everything. If you really want to know where my bias lies, it's with PC gaming. I'm just looking out as a consumer for the things my family will buy, that's all.

That's why I shared my concern in regards to whether the Wii U will actually be up to snuff this time around, as having a repeat of what happened this generation won't be fun. The one thing I have confidence in is Nintendo creating a console that won't break. There's a reason why folks say their gadgets are made of "Nintendium" when referring to durability after all.

Well. To be fair. PS3 has the YLOD and Wii has busted GPU issues. Nothing's perfect.

Wii-U won't be behind the times this time. Even if MS/Sony come out with their next consoles. Games are not going to have a huge leap in graphical fidelity. They might have features that the Wii-U wont have. But scaling back games to the Wii-U wont be a problem like it was with the Wii.

You may want to re-check the dates of this generation's console launches.

Either way its not stopped them if they brought Wii to market when PS3 came, it still sold in the bucket load. No one remember the shortages? I dont know if they,ll get the folk like us on the forums here i.e mainly pc/ps/360 gamers, but as i said before the mom`s and o.a.p`s, kids and some young teens not to mention all sorts of demographics im not aware of.

Like I say Im not convinced by current gen games with added gimmicks, i want to see the hardware showing its power, not rushed 2D games and Mii mini games. If this is close to current hardware but with a bit more grunt then lets use the grunt, because my major concern is that we dont see the dev support they claim and its a 3-4yr wait for them to show the hardwares power, by then its crummy ports and rushed shovelware akin to the current Wii software.

Ninty are one of the worlds premiere developers and they break amazing ground in there art and design but there e3 was a turd and I only hope we get wind of things worth the console, i.e zelda and galaxys and starfoxes and such. Not rush me to market Marios even tho they are beautiful 2d worlds.

E3 covered a lot of there casual markets well but it sucked for anyone wanting real gaming, or atleast it did for me. Pikmin didnt quiet cut the mustard and ZombiU worries me after the craptastic Red Steel

I think they are making a mistake. All of the people with a Wii are not going to buy a Wii U. Think about all the people like grandparents or older adults with a Wii in their home. They have a few casual games for the kids/grandkids when they come over to visit. They aren't going to spend $250-400 on a new system when they have a Wii with 15 games sitting under their tv already. The ones that will buy the Wii U are going to be the big Nintendo fans. People who love Mario and Mario Kart. The people who want to be able to play the new Zelda or Metroid game will buy it. Mawmaw and Pawpaw aren't going to buy something that will get played with for a week or two during the summer and for a few days at holiday gatherings.

I think it's a bad move not to match the power of next gen consoles. Keep the wii going and keep selling casual wii motion controlled games. Maybe put out the newest Nintendo only games out to the Wii 6 months after its out for the Wii U.

If I had to put a number on it I would say that 25% of households with a Wii will not buy a Wii U. It may be higher than that but I seriously doubt it will be lower. There are just way too many non gaming households that are not going to upgrade to the Wii U.

I think they are making a mistake. All of the people with a Wii are not going to buy a Wii U. Think about all the people like grandparents or older adults with a Wii in their home. They have a few casual games for the kids/grandkids when they come over to visit. They aren't going to spend $250-400 on a new system when they have a Wii with 15 games sitting under their tv already. The ones that will buy the Wii U are going to be the big Nintendo fans. People who love Mario and Mario Kart. The people who want to be able to play the new Zelda or Metroid game will buy it. Mawmaw and Pawpaw aren't going to buy something that will get played with for a week or two during the summer and for a few days at holiday gatherings.

I think it's a bad move not to match the power of next gen consoles. Keep the wii going and keep selling casual wii motion controlled games. Maybe put out the newest Nintendo only games out to the Wii 6 months after its out for the Wii U.

If I had to put a number on it I would say that 25% of households with a Wii will not buy a Wii U. It may be higher than that but I seriously doubt it will be lower. There are just way too many non gaming households that are not going to upgrade to the Wii U.

1) All of the people with a Wii are not going to buy a Wii U.

2) The ones that will buy the Wii U are going to be the big Nintendo fans.

3) If I had to put a number on it I would say that 25% of households with a Wii will not buy a Wii U.

Which one is it?

Well. To be fair. PS3 has the YLOD and Wii has busted GPU issues. Nothing's perfect.

Was YLOD as common and widespread as RROD? As far as I know/remember, not by a long shot. Hell, I don't even think the GPU issues of the Wii were all that common. Probably well within expected failure rates.

True, The blu-ray had a hand in the price. However, even in the gimped form that was used in the ps3, a geforce 7800/7900 wouldn't exactly have been super cheap in 2006.

well the game deplys a much more realistic motion blur tech PS3 could not handle right and that is what your seeing plus the fact they use AA now also it was confirmed or so other site siad based on anylyz that some launch games will be 720p some will be 1080p but until it is confirmed i will wait

here is the anylyze of the games and such from E3 http://www.eurogamer...vs-wiiu-e3-2012

A technical perspective on Nintendo's big re-reveal.

No it employs regular vectored motion blur, which is what all games use. the only alternative is true multi sample sub frame motion blur which won't be used in games ever since it doesn't add that much over vectored in a high intensity environment, and to look good enough each frame needs to be rendered at least 5 times. Vectored motion blur s actually a very "cheap" effect in that it requires very little power to add, And there are PS3 and Xbox 360 games out today that has the graphics you see in that Wii U screenshot and better. so I don't know why the 360 and PS3 screenshots are so crappy.

Was YLOD as common and widespread as RROD? As far as I know/remember, not by a long shot. Hell, I don't even think the GPU issues of the Wii were all that common. Probably well within expected failure rates.

RROD was covered by 5 year extended warranty though, so even the launch consoles should still work today even if it broke 2 years ago. No such thing for the YLOD, since Sony has never ever recognized any widespread problem as a widespread problem.

Wii-U won't be behind the times this time. Even if MS/Sony come out with their next consoles. Games are not going to have a huge leap in graphical fidelity. They might have features that the Wii-U wont have. But scaling back games to the Wii-U wont be a problem like it was with the Wii.

So you didn't see the new Square Enix engine or the UE4 video did you ? Those are scenes you will only see in two of the three "next gen" consoles. While two of them jump to next gen graphics, one of them have to settle for slightly better than last gen at 1080p

RROD was covered by 5 year extended warranty though, so even the launch consoles should still work today even if it broke 2 years ago. No such thing for the YLOD, since Sony has never ever recognized any widespread problem as a widespread problem.

YLOD was never a widespread problem. You simply cannot compare RROD to YLOD. Unfortunately, if your PS3 suffered YLOD after the warranty period (usually 1 year), which is similar to other electronic manufacturer's warranties, you could only get a refurb console for a reduced price. That's not an uncommon way for companies to deal with failures.

MSs response to the RROD was pretty good. Although, I'm not sure how much they were compelled to compensate owners and how much they did of their own accord.

I think the 360 slims come with a 3 year warranty and a 90 return to store policy. At least, I'm pretty sure that is what they guy who sold me mine told me.

So you think the Wii U will be capable of playing the new CoD, Resistance, Forza or GT without that much of a noticeable graphical downgrade?

The same console that is limited to 30fps when 2 people are playing?

So you think the Wii U will be capable of playing the new CoD, Resistance, Forza or GT without that much of a noticeable graphical downgrade?

The same console that is limited to 30fps when 2 people are playing?

the 2 people playing thing is only if the game makes use of a 2nd Wii U gamepad thus the FPS is downed to 30FPS because the Wii U console is streaming and rendering everything you see on the Wii U gamepad the GP has no CPU or GPU and to be able to pull off 30FPS with 2 GPs in use let alone 60FPS with just one requires allot of power since you got Audio video Data and other info being streamed to and from the GP

So you didn't see the new Square Enix engine or the UE4 video did you ? Those are scenes you will only see in two of the three "next gen" consoles. While two of them jump to next gen graphics, one of them have to settle for slightly better than last gen at 1080p

Epic have already said that the Wii U can't or won't be running the UE4 engine.