Mysterious Animal Brings Rumors Of

?Genetic experiment? terrifies Chinese city as residents fear mysterious animal is escapee from nearby research centre.

With a mohawk-style plume of hair and pink flesh covered in leopard-esque spots, the mysterious animal terrified locals in Xinxiang, Henan province

Xinxiang is close to several scientific research centres and a local medical school ? and locals became convinced the creature was an experiment gone wrong, on the run from a nearby lab.

One witness said: ?The pink skin makes it look just like pig gone wrong in some sort of genetic experiment.?

But police say the dog is actually a pedigree breed called a Chinese crested hairless dog is a pet ? and expensive.

?It is definitely a dog, and quite an expensive one at that,? said a spokesman.

The bizarre breed with just tufts of hair on its head and tail and a bare, spotted body regularly features as a contender in the World?s Ugliest Dog contest.

source

post-37120-0-81943700-1339650880.jpg

post-37120-0-65816300-1339650916.jpg

If you saw it at night running by really fast, you might think it was a chupacabra too.

I'd just hope it didn't have rabies, notice me, and infect me. Chupacabras would be the last thing from my mind.