Surface and Metro: This party's just gettin' started.

You can't deny with a straight face it's funny Internet Explorer 10 completely failed on him and the device becoming unresponsive altogether just as he was saying "I can browse smoothly". If you don't see the humor in that I'm pretty sure you're a fanboy yourself. ;)

I'd give it to the poster if it was meant to be humorous but as I said it doesn't appear that way. I also think it was a hardware issue as the tablet needed to be swapped a bit later.

I'd give it to the poster if it was meant to be humorous but as I said it doesn't appear that way. I also think it was a hardware issue as the tablet needed to be swapped a bit later.

It's what you make of it yourself isn't it? I saw the device acting up as something really funny because it was so obvious everything about the Microsoft guy's story was rehearsed. There wasn't anything natural about it to the point of becoming ridiculous. Especially the hand movements at times. He was just completely unable to break loose of his rehearsed story and pretended nothing happened, which is just about the worse thing you can do.

I really wonder why didn't pic someone more capable of hosting the presentation.

I really wonder why didn't pic someone more capable of hosting the presentation.

Because they are letting the product speak for itself rather than the Apple presentations that are all about style over substance.

It's what you make of it yourself isn't it? I saw the device acting up as something really funny because it was so obvious everything about the Microsoft guy's story was rehearsed. There wasn't anything natural about it to the point of becoming ridiculous. Especially the hand movements at times. He was just completely unable to break loose of his rehearsed story and pretended nothing happened, which is just about the worse thing you can do.

Oh geez, it was a technical issue, they happen. Sinofsky quickly gathered a new tablet and moved on. They had a time schedule to keep.

So someone took both keynotes and cut them together to make it look like they copied from each other, I'm pretty sure I could find a Microsoft keynote pre-iPad and cut it in a way that makes it look like Apple copied Microsoft, its ridiculous.

Just watch an Apple keynote its all about the self congratulatory circle jerk of "look how awesome we are", its all about the showmanship for the press. Boom.

Microsoft could have easily got someone who was more comfortable with presenting but they brought out the people who actually worked on the product and you could tell he was proud of what his team had accomplished rather than Apple keynotes being all about Jobs.

Because they are letting the product speak for itself rather than the Apple presentations that are all about style over substance.

He sure talked a lot for letting the product speak for itself then.

Also, why do you feel the need to drag Apple into this? Not everything needs a comparison between both companies? :rolleyes: If it makes you feel any better I never understood Apple's decision to let the French guy present OS X Lion's new features either. His horrifically heavy accent was unbearable to listen to. Then again, we never saw him on stage again. :laugh:

Oh geez, it was a technical issue, they happen.

Did anyone say otherwise? It doesn't change it was pretty funny it happened at exactly the moment he was saying "I can browse smoothly". Nothing more, nothing less. I don't expect you to be able to see the humor in it though.

I suppose you could say that it was funny but I felt a little sorry for Sinofsky. It must have felt awful to have the demo model fail just as you're pointing out how smooth the experience is. Still, I thought he did a good job just carrying on with the presentation.

Remember, he's not a salesman, he's the head of the Windows and Windows Live teams so this isn't what he does on a regular basis. I'd be pretty nervous heading up such an important presentation :)

I agree both Steves were uncharacteristically subdued in their talks as if they didn't want to do it. The only part where Sinofsky felt somewhat natural was when he sat on the chair and threw hands in air when discussing the kickstand.

I personally think Sinofsky does a good job in Windows keynotes.