Breaking Bad done, what next?

I need feeding.

Some guy from work recommended i watched Breaking Bad, i'm ashamed to admit it's probably the first drama i've ever taken notice of, i've always been more of a casual viewer.. simpsons, family guy, friends, etc..but after watching the pilot i was hooked, i picked up all 4 seasons and have just finished watching them back to back...

I'm sad it's finished i've not seen anything like it.. now i've got nothing to watch i need something to fill the hole.. any recommendations?

I have no preference, as above i've never bothered with anything like this, ever... so i suppose anything along the lines of breaking bad, dramas? something to suck me in like bb has done.

Dexter or House. Very few shows have the insane quality that Breaking Bad has, specially in the character department. House is the only character that rivals the quality of that series.

You you check the British series called Strike Back.

Something else?, what about Homeland?,

more, Game Of Thrones,

even more?, Rome,

still more?, tell you later

Breaking Bad...

Season 5 = July 15th (8 Episodes)

Season 6 (or 5b) = 2013 (8 Episodes)

... then it's finished. so there is 16 episodes left and Breaking Bad is completed.

Breaking Bad/The Sopranos are the only 10/10 level TV shows i have seen. everything else is a 8/10 or less.

Dexter.

I have another recommendation.

Dexter.

American Horror Story - In fact AHS has just had one season so far, so you can become a "live viewer" of it once it comes back. Something to be sad about looking forward to watching a weekly show.

Band Of Brothers - one of my favorite television miniseries ever made, and all based on reality. Amazing.

The Sopranos as already mentioned

Six Feet Under was a brilliant show actually.

What else. I also dig Boardwalk Empire.

So yeah, think between what I just provided, along with everyone else, you have a lot of catching up to do!! Enjoy!

The Wire

Game of Thrones

Dexter jumped the shark unfortunately (with season 5), and if comments are anything to go by, last season was even worse (I didn't even bother). The first season is amazing, though, and the others have been pretty consistent. Worth checking out either way.

You you check the British series called Strike Back.

Something else?, what about Homeland?,

more, Game Of Thrones,

even more?, Rome,

still more?, tell you later

First season of Homeland is amazing. Though I do feel (with the finale reveal) season 2 going to be ridiculous, as in bad. Post season 2 of 24 levels of bad.

Have you seen Dexter or True Blood?

Nah, i literally haven't seen anything, not a single show mentioned in this thread.. I've always limited myself to light watching stuff like family guy, south park, simpsons and friends. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Dexter or House. Very few shows have the insane quality that Breaking Bad has, specially in the character department. House is the only character that rivals the quality of that series.

Yeah thats what i was hoping for... the characters in Breaking Bad are simply amazing, quality writing and quality acting.. can't knock that drama in any way.

Thanks for all the recs, i think i'm going to check out Dexter, House, The Wire and Weeds first.

I thought House was a bit samey. It was like "diagnosis of the week" with no actual story. Does it get much better after season 1?

Dexter is good though, once that gets over the "murder of the week" in season 1. I wouldn't say it's close to being on par with Breaking Bad though. It's a bit less "real" feeling, maybe it's slightly tounge in cheek.

Although, I feel in Dexter, there was no real story development after season 3, just more of the same type of serial killers turning up.

Broadwalk Empire is a pretty slick drama if you can deal with a couple of slow episodes now and again. I really enjoyed some of the more tense action scenes. Nice in HD and great surround sound also on some of the gun fights. I'm looking forward to the next "era" in mob history for season 3.

Try The Shield. It has the same feel as Breaking Bad in my opinion. Sons of Anarchy might also be up your alley.

American Horror Story (creepiness done to excellence)

Band of Brothers (probably the best miniseries/movie about ww2)

Boardwalk Empire (1920s prohibition era)

Criminal Minds (serial killers)

Dexter

Homeland

House

Justified (us marshal raylan givens)

Six Feet Under (best show ever. period.)

The Borgias (season 2 better than season 1)

The Killing (very good who dun it)

The Pacific (runner up and sequel to BoB)

The Shield (awesome dirty cop show)

The Walking Dead (zombies!)

The Wire (awesome cop show)

True Blood (sexy vampires, im looking at you jess)

I watched breaking bad but stil think it is just OK. I found my self getting bored with the characters. Season four was the best of the series so far though.

Now dexter is a great show.

House is massively overrated, it jumped after season 3, it' s a soap opera with the exact same cadence every week. Weird illness, diagnosis one fails, diagnosis two looks promising and fails in graphic manner, diagnosis three looks like it's failing too, House has 'eureka' moment while arguing with someone, patient recovers. Rinse, repeat.

Dexter was weak in season 5, but season 6 was great.

As others have said, Mad Men, Sopranos, The Shield, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, all excellent and worth the effort.